BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky's web site - are they actually taking an interest?

Domain name creation date 25-06-2009

the company who it was registered through are based in Mumbai, India

There is no mention of Rovers on their official site (last time i looked since its relaunch) so doubt they would bother with their neglected child on another site . Although apart from the adverts it does have the same made on a commodore 64 circa 1999 look about it , and the big giveaway

"This website is a Unofficial Fans site of Venky's Blackburn Rovers."

Edited by perthblue02

I used to have a guy on twitter from near Pune who basically blamed everything happening to Rovers on everyone this side of the world and totally absolved them from any blame whatsoever.

His major love was also cricket and he only ever really chirped up about Rovers every time we had a good little run or changed a manager / director which he tried to defend. Rest of the time there was no mention of them when selling players, losing all the time, chopping/changing and getting relegated, twice.

He suddenly rediscovered his interest again last season, wouldn't be surprised if it's him he always sounded like one of their own ?

Last time I checked their official website it didn't seem particularly well maintained overall never mind just Rovers issues. This reminds me of the rumour it was them (hardly surprising if they are high on suspect list is it?) had venkysout.com shut down recently. I think it was around the time of the Doncaster/Oxford games which seemed like convenient timing. I'll ask Duncan Miller about it again see if he's found out exactly what happened.

Edited by Vinjay17

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:15, Crimpshrine said:

the site seems to have sprung back into life.

Rovers history page has some interesting bits

The significance of Rovers' first match might have been lost in translation.  The webmaster thinks we played a church team, without realising it was the old Church F.C. from down the road.

I must admit for many years I thought the West End cricket ground, where Church and Oswaldtwistle C.C. now play, was where Rovers played their first ever game.

But it turns out it wasn't the original home of Church C.C.  This was on the recreation ground owned by Captain Pickup (no relation) of the local militia, at the point where Church, Ossie and Accy all merged.

The webmaster's other historical stuff is quite amusing to read.

• Like 2