BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jacob Davenport

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Well of course, but then in reality it is a loan with benefits...

True. My point is that it's vanishingly unlikely that he'll be at the level where City will want him back. If he is, then we'll likely as not be back in the top division off the back of it.

59 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

True. My point is that it's vanishingly unlikely that he'll be at the level where City will want him back. If he is, then we'll likely as not be back in the top division off the back of it.

Or they buy back then only to sell at a higher cost. See Madrid and Morata for example 

The article only hints at a buy back clause hopefully if there is such a clause it's city having a first refusal rather than a set buy back fee.I think it's quite positive that they have put such clauses in his deal.He must be well thought of at City 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Has already said he will have to fight for a place in the team, so yeah, guess he will be on bench first match.

Need to see how he gets on in pre season, hopefully he does well and catches Mogga's eye.

Evans shouldn't be an automatic starter, far from it in fact.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Id be a bit surprised if he starts the season in the team after Mowbray said Evans was our best player in the last month of the season.

Jesus, he didn’t did he?

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Id be a bit surprised if he starts the season in the team after Mowbray said Evans was our best player in the last month of the season.

Well he was definitely top 3 or 4 anyway. I would say Raya, Mulgrew, Graham and Evans were the best players in the last month. Dack was playing on fumes. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He did and id probably agree with him.

I wouldn’t. I’d say he went from abysmal to just about acceptable for the final month of the season. 

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He's had absolutely zero game time of any sort since arriving here as far as I can recall.....

This was from a couple of weeks ago- https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/september/davenport-edging-closer-to-return/ 

He went off injured in the pre season match at Accrington at the end of July and hasn't played since. His parents were sat behind me at Accrington and I heard his mum saying he was holding his groin again just before he came off.

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He went off injured in the pre season match at Accrington at the end of July and hasn't played since. His parents were sat behind me at Accrington and I heard his mum saying he was holding his groin again just before he came off.

Well that's me told! :-) I'd forgotten about pre-season, I didn't manage to get to any matches unfortunately.