BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jacob Davenport

The latest LET interview with Mowbray doesnt sound good reg Davenport. Apparently hes going for a scan and was very upset after the game. Doesnt say what the injury is.

id imagine Davenport wouldnt be very emotional unless he knew it was fairly serious. 

Just now, benhben said:

The latest LET interview with Mowbray doesnt sound good reg Davenport. Apparently hes going for a scan and was very upset after the game. Doesnt say what the injury is.

id imagine Davenport wouldnt be very emotional unless he knew it was fairly serious. 

Looked good last game of season against Swansea when he came on. Had high Hope's for him this season. Hopefully he wont be out for long

• Like 3

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Not necessarily. He's had a really rough time of it with injuries, both here and to a lesser degree at City, for such a young player. It could be the straw that breaks the camel's back - he will have been trying to get himself in contention during pre-season for a squad place. Even if he's only out for a couple of weeks it could put his chances back by months.

That said, I'm getting to the point where I don't think we're ever going to see this kid for more than the odd game. Such a shame, I was excited about him when he signed. 3 more years left on his contract. I wonder how it'll be handled a year or so down the line if this continues.

2 hours ago, Gary C said:

Looked good last game of season against Swansea when he came on. Had high Hope's for him this season. Hopefully he wont be out for long

I, too, was impressed by his performance in that Swansea game & hoped that display represented him turning a corner in his career.

Let's hope things aren't as serious as they appeared yesterday afternoon. After last season, would only be natural for the lad - he's still not yet 21 - to fear the worst.

Yes! I thought that was funny when I posted it but I was wrong!

With Chapman and Davenport, we perhaps don't have as many mid-fielders at our disposal as we think we have. A few over-30's in the squad too.

And, as yet, no decent keeper at all!

For those talking up promotion, I think that's more than a little premature.

56 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

6-8 weeks out, so not as bad as 1st feared 

Hmmm.

I remember this time last year he picked up an injury in pre season with a similar diagnosis.

Let's be honest, he's probably going to break down again during his rehab, spend most of the season with the u23's  "getting upto speed" inbetween a couple of other "knocks".

Doesn't look good for the lad unfortunately, which is a shame because from his showing against Swansea its clear there is a player there.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Hmmm.

I remember this time last year he picked up an injury in pre season with a similar diagnosis.

Let's be honest, he's probably going to break down again during his rehab, spend most of the season with the u23's  "getting upto speed" inbetween a couple of other "knocks".

Doesn't look good for the lad unfortunately, which is a shame because from his showing against Swansea its clear there is a player there.

Sad to say but I think he is going to be one of those players. I fear the same for Chapman.

On 20/07/2019 at 16:42, MarkBRFC said:

Hmmm.

He will most likely go on loan once fit, (even if still injured as loan window shuts 31st August) maybe Burton again as Clough really rates him and he was excellent for them when previously there

On 23/07/2019 at 18:28, SkipDonoghue said:

He will most likely go on loan once fit, (even if still injured as loan window shuts 31st August) maybe Burton again as Clough really rates him and he was excellent for them when previously there

Is that just for Leagues One and Two? I thought this year the transfer and loan windows shut on the same day for us.

• 2 months later...