BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jacob Davenport

Davenport another who hasn't really stood out at 23's level, young Tom White a much smoother operator than him and for me would be much more deserving of a chance in the first team - if you're basing it off of the games they play in. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

U23s is no barometer, it’s very sanitised 

I've watched on many times Tom White and Jacob Davenport play on the same pitch, against the same team, together at the same time in the same conditions. That IS a barometer, there couldn't be a more perfect one. White been miles better than Davenport all season, impressively so.

Just now, JoeH said:

I've watched on many times Tom White and Jacob Davenport play on the same pitch, against the same team, together at the same time in the same conditions. That IS a barometer, there couldn't be a more perfect one. White been miles better than Davenport all season, impressively so.

Yes but neither are good enough for the first team so it’s all irrelevant 

56 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Davenport another who hasn't really stood out at 23's level, young Tom White a much smoother operator than him and for me would be much more deserving of a chance in the first team - if you're basing it off of the games they play in. 

Not easy to stand out when you're constantly getting injured. The amount of lost development time and ring rust will have a real effect. Unless he can stay injury-free for a long time starting pretty much immediately, it's hard to see a real future for a lad who was once City's youth player of the year. Shame.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes but neither are good enough for the first team so it’s all irrelevant 

Funny you should say that but it was only this time last year, and this time the year before that I and many others sat here and said the same about Travis and Buckley... White is REALLY good, I swear to it.

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Buckley isn’t good enough and Travis was a fluke by Tony 

Nobody knows whethr Buckley will make it, and how is Travis a fluke? Signed to our academy, played his way through, got his chance and took it. Just peddling that one really.

16 hours ago, JoeH said:

That’s rubbish. He’s been the most talented player on the pitch every time I’ve seem him for the u23s. Mind blowing how some can’t spot a player that’s right in front of their eyes.

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

That’s rubbish. He’s been the most talented player on the pitch every time I’ve seem him for the u23s. Mind blowing how some can’t spot a player that’s right in front of their eyes.

Nope, he's been dreadful for me. Constantly frustrating Joe Grayson with his lack of movement in midfield when the back three have the ball, and not a shade on Tom White dribbling abilities. Been massively unimpressed. I've seen every Leyland game and the away ones on stream, and just bc I don't rate Davenport doesn't make it mind blowing - no need to insult intelligence its just a matter of opinion.

Just now, JoeH said:

Nope, he's been dreadful for me. Constantly frustrating Joe Grayson with his lack of movement in midfield when the back three have the ball, and not a shade on Tom White dribbling abilities. Been massively unimpressed. I've seen every Leyland game and the away ones on stream, and just bc I don't rate Davenport doesn't make it mind blowing - no need to insult intelligence its just a matter of opinion.

Yes but you think you’re opinion is best

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Yes but you think you’re opinion is best

Right, but I don't insult other people's intelligence because they have a different opinion to me. "mind blowing how some can't spot"

Admittedly not seen white play but seen quite bit of davenport up until his injury pre season and I had really high hopes of him starting this season next to travis. I can’t imagine he has regressed to the point he is poor at 23 level. I’m hoping your wrong because I usually agree with a lot of your posts. Everyone who saw him play (against Bolton ?) said how well he had done and had high hopes of him before the injury. Did you see his rovers first team debut out of curiosity ?

to joeH

Edited by Oldgregg86

37 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Admittedly not seen white play but seen quite bit of davenport up until his injury pre season and I had really high hopes of him starting this season next to travis. I can’t imagine he has regressed to the point he is poor at 23 level. I’m hoping your wrong because I usually agree with a lot of your posts. Everyone who saw him play (against Bolton ?) said how well he had done and had high hopes of him before the injury. Did you see his rovers first team debut out of curiosity ?

to joeH

He was good vs Bolton, and his performances for the 23's may be due to his slight lack of effort for unimportant games etc... but he certainly seems to have regressed slightly. Maybe he still had a niggle I don't know. I like Davenport don't get me wrong, but I'd say definitely there's some issues.

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Right, but I don't insult other people's intelligence because they have a different opinion to me. "mind blowing how some can't spot"

Not insulting your intelligence, just insulting your ability to spot a player if you can’t see Davernport’s talent.

15 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Not insulting your intelligence, just insulting your ability to spot a player if you can’t see Davernport’s talent.

You are... you're saying that because my opinion is different to yours that I'm wrong. That insults intelligence, not necessary. I don't agree that Davenport is playing el