BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Riverside Stand

18 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Pretty sure most people would still just call it the Riverside anyway regardless... (i know i would) 

Also at some point for certain in the next 10 years or so! it really will have to be replaced anyway

Not sure whT you mean by it sounding soulless though, thats just a bit namby pamby. It's called tge Riverside simply because the river runs behind it, just as people will always call tge darwen end "the darwen end" because it has its toes in darwen

RFS bit I meant. 

On 19/09/2022 at 21:27, Nuttall is lost said:

Why couldn't the Riverside stand be named after Shearer or Dalglish?  The RFS Riverside Stand sounds so soulless

Presumably it's still sponsored by RFS. Be thankful we never had to endure Venkys Arena or similar like Newcastle. 

If you can look past the fact that clearly something should be done in honour of Tony Parkes, I think we can all agree I t wouldn’t be sensible given our financial state to take paid sponsorship away from the Riverside and give it away for free. 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2022 at 11:38, J*B said:

If you can look past the fact that clearly something should be done in honour of Tony Parkes, I think we can all agree I t wouldn’t be sensible given our financial state to take paid sponsorship away from the Riverside and give it away for free. 

Why can't it be called the "RFS Tony Parkes stand" if we're concerned about taking paid sponsorship away?

• Like 3