Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Home Kit Poll  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither Like or Dislike (Neutral)

"Sure to prove popular with supporters of all ages"   :mellow:

Personally speaking never been a fan of the 'Cambridge Blue' and that sponsor looks bloody awful.

Why on Earth dont they consult with the fans/customer base on choice of Kit?.I dont think these will be flying out the Roverstore!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

But if you have a ten year old one or older that you feel good about why bother if you don't like this one. The one I wear if I go to matches in one was signed by Dunn, Thomson, Neill and others from the season the club gave me it. I have a second one signed by my tutor group when they left school. Why waste money on this year's effort 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, barry_ said:

people will still buy the kit... for the same reason as they buy it every year. 

It identifies you with the Club/Players.

Some will, but I've not seen a negative reaction like this for a long time.

I mean Birdy!

56 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

"Sure to prove popular with supporters of all ages"   :mellow:

Personally speaking never been a fan of the 'Cambridge Blue' and that sponsor looks bloody awful.

Why on Earth dont they consult with the fans/customer base on choice of Kit?.I dont think these will be flying out the Roverstore!

Nice idea in theory, but how could it be done practically?

Apart from the ugly sponsor, it's a fine jersey. Unfortunately the sponsors logo is the sponsors logo, so its unavoidable. Even a colour change would help though

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I always look to the kit launch and I'm usually quite easily pleased.  This is one of the very few times I would consider myself not pleased with the home kit.  The sponsor isn't great but I can get over that, it's the fact that the blue is much too pale which means there is not enough contrast that annoys me.

Wishywashy.  Looking forward to the away kit making up for it now.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nice idea in theory, but how could it be done practically?

Apart from the ugly sponsor, it's a fine jersey. Unfortunately the sponsors logo is the sponsors logo, so its unavoidable. Even a colour change would help though

Seen clubs produce a number of different designs and then have the fans vote on which ones they like best, seems a good way of doing things. Seems madness to produce a kit and not consult the fans in some way, maybe they have at some point I don't know.

But the sponsor is a horrible looking thing, reminds me of that other betting company one we had on the black/red halved away shirt which spoiled what would have been an amazing shirt otherwise. The best feature of this new kit is the retro sleeve details they have on a lot of the umbro releases this year, unfortunately they've gone for a light colour instead of a navy or a red which would have looked a lot better in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, grizfoot said:

Seen clubs produce a number of different designs and then have the fans vote on which ones they like best, seems a good way of doing things. Seems madness to produce a kit and not consult the fans in some way, maybe they have at some point I don't know.

But the sponsor is a horrible looking thing, reminds me of that other betting company one we had on the black/red halved away shirt which spoiled what would have been an amazing shirt otherwise. The best feature of this new kit is the retro sleeve details they have on a lot of the umbro releases this year, unfortunately they've gone for a light colour instead of a navy or a red which would have looked a lot better in my opinion. 

That sounds like a good idea alright. Mock ups could be done pretty easily 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Thats exactly how it should be done BDS...a choice of designs and colors presented well before season end and given to a fan ballot.The fans are the people being asked to afford £40-50 a pop for Gods sake!

The light Blue offers little contrast between our famous halves ..synonymous with our kit and history.

Reaction on Facebook overall seemingly negative.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Thats exactly how it should be done BDS...a choice of designs and colors presented well before season end and given to a fan ballot.The fans are the people being asked to afford £40-50 a pop for Gods sake!

The light Blue offers little contrast between our famous halves ..synonymous with our kit and history.

Reaction on Facebook overall seemingly negative.

Not sure it is all negative. I saw a poll on twitter with 300 votes and it was 60% "like the jersey". Surprising 

Ya, 3 choices to vote on would be nice. What could happen then though would be "I want the collar of 3, with the sleeves of 1 and the colours of 2" :D 

I initially wasn’t over impressed when I saw the images of the shirt however I nipped to Ewood for my match tickets tomorrow night and went to have a look, it’s actually a nice shirt close up.

not everyone wil like it I am sure of that it’s a personal opinion and mine is that’s its a good shirt.

Never been one to worry to much about the new kit however on this occasion even with my £25 club cash I am thinking twice..

May be one of those that will just take a little longer to get used to. Its jut not jumping out enough to say buy me at the moment but no doubt once I am in the store I will get it but I am in no rush.

Edited by den9112

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Just wait until April. They'll be flogging them for £20 a piece which those in the 1875 club should be able to use Club Cash for and get it for £5.

The 1875 club cash fiver that costs a tenner?

My daughter bought new kit for grandson with name on.got it home could see Umbro badge and rovers badge on print also the barcode she returned it was told you will always get imprints of badges on,she got new top minus printing

Edited by Mum63
Wrong spelling

It's a no from me.

Wrong halves, wrong colours, socks don't match, logo wrong colour.

1/10

I don't know about a fans poll of mock-ups provided by the supplier, why not a fans poll from mock-ups provided by the fans. I've seen some fantastic stuff done by fans on-line in the past.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mum63 said:

My daughter bought new kit for grandson with name on.got it home could see Umbro badge and rovers badge on print also the barcode she returned it was told you will always get imprints of badges on,she got new top minus printing

Not if you know what you are doing and use a press blanket slid between the front and back before pressing it :)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nice kit. Not sure abut the two tone collar though... 

Are Whelan and McGrath Irish? Apologies for my ignorance 

Your avatar's shirt has a two-toned collar by the way ;) That one was one of our best home shirts too.

This, however, is the ugliest home shirt I can remember. It's mostly the sponsor, but I feel like it would look better with the darker blue. I could live with the light blue, as a historical callback, possibly I could live with the sponsor, but the two together just doesn't work.

Unless this one grows on me a lot, I think I will skip the home shirt this year.

Wish we weren't burdened with this sponsor for three years...the money better be good!

• Like 1