SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Home Kit Poll  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither Like or Dislike (Neutral)

They agree to pay for sponsorship to gain exposure so doubt the club are keen on offering every adult shirt without the logo on as surely that would affect terms of the deal and a bit less money.

Understandable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Don't you know? Balaji designs them himself and Desai sets the price!

I suppose others will say that it's the dumbing down of the decision makers they've put in that are to blame...

BUT - we've had pale blue many times before them and hopefully will after they have gone. Quite a few of us like it, and it's nice for a change now and then.

Sound business decision not to just rehash the same stuff - there was a period in the Crown paints sponsored era when I became very bored and disinterested in the kit launches.

It's a bit different, and yes a surprise to some but just wait till you see it on Ewood with Dacky wearing it scoring a hattrick to send us up.

You'll get used to it.

The highlighted portion is quite simply untrue. Under 10 times in our complete history has pale/cambridge blue been used.

Sound business decision - if you have a universally recognised brand image such as Rovers iconic blue and white halves why make what is in fact a major change to the colours?

Many clubs may change their home shirt design, very few a major change to their colours.

Anyway someone has had their way already and fans opinion is ignored. What's done is done.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

When worn in the sun the Halves are almost discernable....awful.

Maybe that is the plan, hoping some Sky Sports scheduler sees it, thinks we are leeds and bang 200k per live tv game x 24

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

Logo kills it for me - both the colour and the design of it. Looks like a bomb or a toilet seat and ruins what would otherwise be a semi-decent kit for me. Not the best, not the worst but decent. Not one will be buying this time around. Do hope we are saved with the away kit but with that logo I highly doubt it.

8 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Yep, you can't put betting or alcohol companies on kids kits.

Works out quite well, my lad ends up with his Rovers and Celtic shirts free of horrible sponsor logos.

I wonder how often Celtic have changed their shade of green in the hoops.

I don't know but closer to 'never' than the 'many times' it has been suggested Rovers have.

Most football fans know Celtic's colours and design. Brand image works.

• Like 1

Not that  I would buy one nowadays as they are grossly  overpriced  and absolute rip off

but As many have said looks awful and washed out  - stylish my arse

Will look even worse and  'dirty ' after few  rinse  throughs

On 19/07/2018 at 10:29, Bigdoggsteel said:

Very valid point. You would think as long as the sponsor is on the playing kit, that should be good enough. 

In this case, even if we had 3 options on sponsor logo colour; White, black or navy, it would make such a difference. I am going to buy the away one now because of this stupid logo 

*edit, actually a white logo would be stupid as the jersey is white. Feckin purple would be better than black though 

Principles largely being applied selectively, I don't think you need to remove the logo to attract that demographic.  Probably do need to win another promotion, though.

4 hours ago, CAPT KAYOS said:

Not that  I would buy one nowadays as they are grossly  overpriced  and absolute rip off

but As many have said looks awful and washed out  - stylish my arse

Will look even worse and  'dirty ' after few  rinse  throughs

The washed out pissy pale blue is lovely ........... for a newly born baby boy's clothing.

A homage to our history,  ok so why not all white or a navy blue and white half.

Just imagine if Liverpool had turned out in a nice pale pink outfit, not much left of the Darwen End I'll wager.

Their Club has too much pride in their history and brand image to be so foolish.

Our lot would sell their Gran for a ha'penny.

On 18/07/2018 at 09:39, Mattyblue said:

‘The lighter blue design last appeared on Rovers’ home shirts during the 2014-15 Championship season and famously featured in the 1991-92 campaign, when Kenny Dalglish’s side triumphed at Wembley to secure promotion to the newly-formed Premier League.’

The kit wasn’t a particularly light blue in 91/92, are they not getting confused with 90/91?

They are certainly getting it mixed up 100000000% 

91-92 and 90-91

649796722-612x612.jpg

02558eb78cd05afa4835ef54d5dbfa85.jpg

Edited by Rover_Shaun

Went to look at ordering the Goalkeepers kit to my Mums to pick up when I’m back in the UK next week but biggest they do is XL!

Not being funny but is middle aged men that play in goals tend to have a spread and don’t like skin type tops!

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Blackburn_Rovers/Blackburn_Rovers.htm

The classic round  neck shirt of the 60's does it for me...have a replica from Toffs.

2nd shirt I ever bought after the vee neck short sleeved one that preceded it. We wore that for the first time against Everton in late 1962 in a 3-2 win. Bryan Douglas banged in a last minute penalty to win the game in the teeth of a blizzard ! Those were the days.