Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Home Kit Poll  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither Like or Dislike (Neutral)

• Backroom

Sadly for me our best ever kit has the worst memorys, 2011-12 is an absolute classic, minimal, perfect blue with red trim. Just unmistakably a Blackburn Rovers shirt.

Also 16-17 is similar in its simple beauty!

Thinking about it maybe we are best not having nice kits after all!

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

2nd shirt I ever bought after the vee neck short sleeved one that preceded it. We wore that for the first time against Everton in late 1962 in a 3-2 win. Bryan Douglas banged in a last minute penalty to win the game in the teeth of a blizzard ! Those were the days.

Remember that game like yesterday. We came back from 0-2 down to win 3-2. One of the best games I've ever seen.

Wasn't it late'63?

I'm out in Spain at the moment and my books are back in England but going off my memory the game was in Nov 1962. It was 0-0 at half time. We scored through an Ian Lawther header after about 50 mins before Everton came back and made it 2-1 with two quick goals.

Fred Pickering made it 2-2 with about 10 minutes to go and the same player was brought down at the Blackburn end for the last minute penalty. The snow was coming down heavily as Dougie strolled up to the ball in his usual fashion and put the ball in one corner as Gordon West dived into the other. A great end to a terrific game. That's when Everton first noticed what a good player Pickering was. 

The game were we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 was against Liverpool the following season.  Another great game.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Ah! Maybe I don't remember it like yesterday! :blush:

It's funny but I can see all those 5 goals from that game in my mind's eye. Fergie got away down the right wing and put in a perfect cross. Lawther went up with Brian Labone and he was still up there when Labone was on the way back down. A nice flick header into the far corner. 1-0. Pickering got away down the left wing then cut in up the touch line. When everybody expected a cross he fired a shot in from an acute angle that beat West all ends up. 2-2. Pickering got away again in exactly the same spot and was looking to shoot for goal when an Everton player ( Jimmy Gabriel ? ) brought him crashing down. Dougie did the business from the penalty spot. 3-2 Rovers !

Both Everton goals came from half cleared corners with a midfield player firing in a shot in through a crowded goal mouth. Else saw them both very late and had no chance.

Now what did I have for my tea last night ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

The away strip must be getting revealed in the next week, especially with the new season coming up fast. 

I like the home shirt this season. It is the first one that I have purchased since I boycotted in 2013.

On 21/07/2018 at 20:32, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Blackburn_Rovers/Blackburn_Rovers.htm

The classic round  neck shirt of the 60's does it for me...have a replica from Toffs.

Interesting that the argument of 'the halves are the wrong way around' is incorrect and that this kit is actually the more accurate design and colour.

Personally, my favourite is the Princes Trust design, colour and layout.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Take a look at the Rovers team pic on that site....its the earliest known photo of a Rovers team.Some players are wearing the Blue halves on different sides.

I believe the myth about us having a correct way to wear the halves is just that..a myth.

also officially  Cambridge blue is actually green :)

You mean 'Malvern Green' Perth?...thankfully we have never worn Green.

Again, looking closely at that pic you will see some players wearing a Badge to their shirt..I believe that to be the England crest that capped players were allowed to have displayed on their attire and not this fictitious 'Maltese Cross'.

All about opinion,all very interesting.

5 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

also officially  Cambridge blue is actually green :)

Wow! You are right. I googled it and it came up with Cambridge (green), Argentina (sky) Airforce ( a medium blue) Royal ( a dark blue) and Oxford (a very dark blue).

Personally I'd like Rovers in Airforce blue.

8 minutes ago, bazza said:

Wow! You are right. I googled it and it came up with Cambridge (green), Argentina (sky) Airforce ( a medium blue) Royal ( a dark blue) and Oxford (a very dark blue).

Personally I'd like Rovers in Airforce blue.

If doing it by Airforce blues I'd prefer USAF to RAF

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did any of you order the new kit? How is it sizing wise?  I have been stung in the past with sizing, sometimes medium is too small and large is much too big. 

Large fits me quite nicely (85kg 6ft2). I’d say the sleeve cuffs are well tapered to be snug around your bicep/tricep and it is of standard length. I think the exact measurements are on the club store website. Iirc the chest of a large is 41-43. 

• Like 1

Just now, ihtd said:

Large fits me quite nicely (85kg 6ft2). I’d say the sleeve cuffs are well tapered to be snug around your bicep/tricep and it is of standard length. I think the exact measurements are on the club store website. Iirc the chest of a large is 41-43. 

Large comes up as 

Large 104-109 41-43

I think that sounds best for the chest, but I just wonder would it be very long? I am 6ft. I remember I got the large yellow away jersey the season we got relegated from the premiership and it was so long it was like a dress 

• Backroom
23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can call the colour whatever you like it's still crap. It looks like half a Man City shirt.

But if it made us half as good as Man City...

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Large comes up as 

Large 104-109 41-43

I think that sounds best for the chest, but I just wonder would it be very long? I am 6ft. I remember I got the large yellow away jersey the season we got relegated from the premiership and it was so long it was like a dress 

It’ll fit fine. I’m only two inches bigger (that’s what she said!!!) than you and it isn’t long on me at all.