BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

who's going to Ipswich

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Around a 1,000 tickets sold so far, not bad for a hell of a trip.

I'm working or else I'd have definitely been tempted. Fair play to everyone making the trip. Never been to Portman Road so it's a ground I'd like to tick off the list at some point. 

• Backroom

The pub JH is referring to is fittingly called "The Station Hotel/Pub" and literally directly opposite the train station. Impossible to miss, although you might have to wait a while to cross as this area is also home to one of Ipswich's many horrendous junctions. You can see Portman Road from there so it's very close. I think the pub Oldgregg is referring to is McGuinty's, which is a bit further away although still not that far. There's a ton of bars/pubs around that general area but nowadays I'm not sure which ones admit away fans. I imagine most of them do, though, as the pub trade isn't exactly booming around here. 

37 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Does anyone know if I can get a ticket on the day at the ground? 

Yes - I’ve paid on the gate at Portman Road before when I lived in Ipswich. Expect to potentially pay a couple of quid more though. 

7 hours ago, DE. said:

The pub JH is referring to is fittingly called "The Station Hotel/Pub" and literally directly opposite the train station. Impossible to miss, although you might have to wait a while to cross as this area is also home to one of Ipswich's many horrendous junctions. You can see Portman Road from there so it's very close. I think the pub Oldgregg is referring to is McGuinty's, which is a bit further away although still not that far. There's a ton of bars/pubs around that general area but nowadays I'm not sure which ones admit away fans. I imagine most of them do, though, as the pub trade isn't exactly booming around here. 

Thanks again DE looking forward can't wait

• Like 1

12 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

As there is no match thread at present and for those who are not travelling, the game is being shown live in Aus on Bein Sports and in the US on ESPN+ and a few other countries, so will no doubt be available elsewhere 

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3039339/ipswich-town-vs-blackburn-rovers/

ESPN+ is a new subscription online service that moved the Football League distributed games away from their previous free online service.  It is possible to get a 7 day free trial.

On 31/07/2018 at 20:48, rigger said:

I am staying overnight in Ipswich on Saturday. Any suggestions for good drinking spots?

Wetherspoons for me. Working down in Suffolk and Norfolk and went in the station pub a couple of weeks ago beer meh and not as cheap as spoons. Staying in norwich or bury st Ed’s and train in on Saturday. COYB

• 4 years later...