Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ipswich away match thread

I'd go

Raya

Nyambe. Mulgrew lenihan bell

Travis. Smallwood

Rothwell.     Dack.    Bennett

Graham

Then I would put Bennett where Smallwood is and player Palmer against millwall due to Palmer not being match fit. I also think mowbray will play Williams.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, not exactly Scarface said:

Promotion seems very unlikely, play offs are a possibility but have to tell myself that mid-league seems best for another year.     

To be honest, if I was a Town fan I'd be absolutely delighted with finishing mid table. All of your signings (except the lad from Chelsea U23's) have come from League One/Two, and your manager is also from League One. You can only fill the club up with so much lower league talent before you end up there. Best of luck for the season, Saturday and the return fixture excluded, but Ipswich have a real fight on their hands this season imo. 

It really is a horrible game to call. New manager bounce for Ipswich and home advantage but they have lost alot of players and probably playing a new system. Hurst knows very well how we will play and knows our danger men but we have the promotion bounce and an organised team who know each other well and both teams have similar quality players. Head says draw, heart says we will do them on the counter 

Pretty grim record at Ipswich. Had a little look and the last time rovers won at Portman road was 1994 (Sutton, sherwood and Shearer). Since that win drawn 5 and lost 3. In fact only 2 wins since 1954 the other being in 1988 (sellars and ainscow). And I say 1954 because site looking at only goes back to then.

I fear a rude awakening on Saturday. Looking at the teams in the division and ones which may be winnable, we have quite a few at the start so must hit the ground running. 

Looks like Armstrong will be signing so something along the lines of this:

Raya

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Williams

Smallwood  Evans

Bennett  Dack Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Conway, Rothwell, Palmer, Downing, Leutweiler, Samuel, Bell

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Looks like Armstrong will be signing so something along the lines of this:

Raya

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Williams

Smallwood  Evans

Bennett  Dack Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Conway, Rothwell, Palmer, Downing, Leutweiler, Samuel, Bell

I'd be surprised if Armstrong plays. He needs to be signed first for a start. I think Samuel will start instead.

14 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

It’s got 1-1 written all over it, so I’ll go for a 1-2 Rovers win  ?

512DC142-59F4-47DA-BCF5-6C9CD8D714B0.jpeg

That photo, if I remember correctly, is from behind the Blackburn end.

I wasn't around in the tram days, but I do remember busses being parked up there to head back into town after the game

• Like 1