SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ipswich away match thread

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Bennett        Smallwood             Bell

Rothwell  Dack  Palmer

Graham

Team will pick itself with the toughest call for Mowbray between Williams and Bell and to a lesser extent Evans and Travis. If those changes are made I think its safe to say this will be our starting 11. 3-1 Rovers. Dack x 2 Graham x 1. 

Raya

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Williams

Smallwood  Evans

Bennett  Dack Samuel

Graham

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Bennett        Smallwood             Bell

Rothwell  Dack  Palmer

Graham

Thats a pretty nice team. I would play Samuel instead of Rothwell tough. I wouldn't mind seeing us play this at home 

7 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Gwion Edwards caught the eye last season in Lge 1. Would be one to watch. Went to take a look at their friendlies. They lost only 2. One to West Ham so nothing there and another to the geniuses of Braintree.

Lost to two Irons.

• Like 1

I would go with;

Raya

Nyambe       Lenihan       Mulgrew      Bell

Smallwood      Travis

Samuel                 Dack                 Bennett

Graham

Bench. Leutwiler, Williams, Conway, Davenport, Rothwell, Palmer, Nuttall 

Palmer off the bench second half. 

I'd expect this to be similar to what Mowbray will pick except he will go with Evans ahead of Travis and Willaims ahead of Bell.

Edited by BlackburnEnd75

The trams finished in Blackburn in 1949 but the tracks were still in Kidder Street until Jack built the new Blackburn End- they survived construction of the cantilever roof in 1961.

For many years, Blackburn, Darwen and Accrington football specials parked the length of Kidder St awaiting full time on match days. The stop in Blackburn was along the road where the Blackburn-Darwen expresses ran from. 

19 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I would go with;

Raya

Nyambe       Lenihan       Mulgrew      Bell

Smallwood      Travis

Samuel                 Dack                 Bennett

Graham

Bench. Leutwiler, Williams, Conway, Davenport, Rothwell, Palmer, Nuttall 

Palmer off the bench second half. 

I'd expect this to be similar to what Mowbray will pick except he will go with Evans ahead of Travis and Willaims ahead of Bell.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Armstrong in the side instead of Samuel if he completes his move in time to be registered

• Like 1

Managed to speak with an Ipswich Town fan about the build up to the match, he has concerns about the team trying to adapt to the new style of play new manager Hurst is trying to implement.

I am optimistic we can get something from the match, however I cant remember the last time we won a match on the opening day of the season.

1-1 for me.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

Managed to speak with an Ipswich Town fan about the build up to the match, he has concerns about the team trying to adapt to the new style of play new manager Hurst is trying to implement.

I am optimistic we can get something from the match, however I cant remember the last time we won a match on the opening day of the season.

1-1 for me.

Never knew Russel Brand supported Ipswich.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @roverseas said:

1-1 for me.

Welcome back, to the legendary Roverseas and Cass The Cat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Team will pick itself with the toughest call for Mowbray between Williams and Bell and to a lesser extent Evans and Travis. If those changes are made I think its safe to say this will be our starting 11. 3-1 Rovers. Dack x 2 Graham x 1. 

Raya

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Williams

Smallwood  Evans

Bennett  Dack Samuel

Graham

I can see that being our starting line up with Samuel on the right and Bennett on the left.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can see that being our starting line up with Samuel on the right and Bennett on the left.

I always mix their wings up!

I would say its pretty much guaranteed to be our line up, the only question marks being Travis or Evans and Bell or Williams. Although I would say its 90% certain Evans will start and 70% that Williams will. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philipl said:

The trams finished in Blackburn in 1949 but the tracks were still in Kidder Street until Jack built the new Blackburn End- they survived construction of the cantilever roof in 1961.

For many years, Blackburn, Darwen and Accrington football specials parked the length of Kidder St awaiting full time on match days. The stop in Blackburn was along the road where the Blackburn-Darwen expresses ran from. 

Bridge Street? , happy memories queueing with my grandad waiting to get on the buses there to Ewood

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Bridge Street? , happy memories queueing with my grandad waiting to get on the buses there to Ewood

Most of the time I walked up to the ground but if it was peeing down I caught one of the buses just around the corner from the railway station. Don't know what the street was called. I remember dropping off the bus with my autograph book and Mike England, Keith Newton and Fred Pickering got off the next  bus behind !

I must admit for some reason I’m not looking forward to this season a fraction of the amount I was last season (even though feared a mid table bottle job). Maybe it was being a big fish for once. I don’t know. 

But I must remind myself of where we are now vs where we were on my only trip to Portman Road opening day fixture in 2012. I remember it was sweltering hot inside the ground and I’d driven down purely to boo Steve Kean. The porcine toad walked to the dugout after the match had started. 

As a side note don’t usually drive to games and after that don’t think I ever have or will again. After left the m62 it was pretty much 3 solid hours of a-roads. I thought at the time pretty much every single away day for an Ipswich fan must be an absolute bloody mission. So all in all a 9 hours round trip to boo a bald drunken delusional lying buffoon for 10 seconds.

• Like 2