BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ipswich away match thread

Would have taken a point pre match but that’s sickening. Happened too often last season too - we need to see games out far better.

Jal chats some utter rollocks but Nuttall should not be playing championship football. Striker in this week please Tony or we’re goosed if Graham gets injured, which he will given his ageing body can only last 60-70 per week.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, AdamRochina said:

I got told off before last season for being negative so trying to be as positive as I can ..but nuttal isn't good enough and we need a CM that can play football in the middle with smallwood..  need pace badly.. That team can't start every game otherwise we are down 

Massive over reaction to say we are down with that team IMO. 

• Like 1

Some things never change it's back to standard championship Rovers straight off, get ready for a season of conceding terrible late goals and turning wins into draws it's what we do best at this level  ?

A point is a point .......... it's 3 blown though.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Good result for us really, especially with Bolton, Wigan and PNE all winning.

We don’t want to start off too well and be a target for other teams. Let’s be midtable for as long as possible and catch them unawares with a late play-off place.

Lots to be positive about. Goals for Dack and Graham and we’d have all taken a draw before the game especially with our record at Portman Road.

It’s a point more than Reading, QPR, Sheff Weds and West Brom.

Onwards and upwards. We all just need to trust Mowbray.

(Did I miss anything?)

4 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Seeing Nuttall and Conway come on says a lot. 

We need some signings and fast.

2-2 is a decent result. 

We need Nuttall out of the club 

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Would have taken a point pre match but that’s sickening. Happened too often last season too - we need to see games out far better.

Jal chats some utter rollocks but Nuttall should not be playing championship football. Striker in this week please Tony or we’re goosed if Graham gets injured, which he will given he can only last 60-70.

The lads utter shyte Joe Nuttall anyone disagree talks utter shyte for me.

Nuttall out!

Just now, Tormund said:

It's really not though is it mate.. We lack pace and creativity ..ipswich are terrible they have good player and we barley carved out chances. I feel we will be in dog fight if that's our starting eleven.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

It's really not though is it mate.. We lack pace and creativity ..ipswich are terrible they have good player and we barley carved out chances. I feel we will be in dog fight if that's our starting eleven.

We’ve just got a point away from home, first game of the season, far too early to judge. Disappointing to concede I agree. 

With that starting line up the point was always really 'do they look outclassed?' win lose or draw.

If that 11, weaker than we ended last season with due to the loss of Armstrong, can hold it's own against a fairly established team in this division then we might do OK over the whole season, particularly when the new signings (and hopefully a few more new signings) get up and running. That should be the weakest starting 11 we have all season.

A point is annoying, we should have held on, but the team mostly looked OK. Good to see Dack taking the step up in his stride too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Williams is shit. Pathetic for their goal.

Mowbray far too defensive too early. Keep Dack on for every minute if he is fit. FFS

We’ve just seen the difference between L1 and the Championship. In all seriousness, it sounds like we had enough chances to win in and got hit with the sucker punch.

Mowbray’s tactics at the end would have been enough most weeks last season. Not any more. The opposition are far better. Hope he realises this soon.

It may actually work in our favour if he gets off the pot with some bids this week.

• Like 1

Decent result - think most would have taken it before kick-off.

Glaringly obvious we are short of firepower and need a striker in the Graham mold. Armstrong will add a bit of pace in the three behind but with DG only lasting 70 minutes we cannot be bringing on Nuttal (he needs a loan to a L1 club to help his development).

Dack couldnt really get in the game much as the ball was in the air too much in my opinion, simply because we lack a proper ball player in midfield.  I am hoping Davenport can be that man. 

We missed a trick not bringing that Edwards in, he was the star of the show. 

Just now, Tormund said:

We’ve just got a point away from home, first game of the season, far too early to judge. Disappointing to concede I agree. 

Yeah I understand that but its the manner of how we play. We looked like we have no ideas up top for most part.. We were slow too all over the pitch.. Funny enough I thought we were solid defensively but still conceded two 

I just feel If that's our eleven for the season we are really going to struggle 

3 minutes ago, Tormund said:

The starting 11 won't but just look at the subs we brought on today Nutall who has 4 career goals, Conway who is well past his best and was very average in league 1 last year. 4-5 players still needed.