BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ipswich away match thread

Its a point and I think we played well after a shaky start. 

Williams looked done after 60 mins, some nice forward runs in the first half and a great assist. Nyambe was also good. 

Samuel is still not a good enough player for this league. There has to be better wingers out there.. he works hard, but thats where the superlatives stop.

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Questions to be asked of Mowbray why take Dack off, why pay so much money on a full back and never play him & why was a replacement for Graham not sorted by now given he knows Graham can't play more than 70 minutes.

Hasn't Mowbray already answered this? 

Plus considering some of the names being suggest by some people on here. I would imagine Gallagher will be in by next week game

11 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

I got told off before last season for being negative so trying to be as positive as I can ..but nuttal isn't good enough and we need a CM that can play football in the middle with smallwood..  need pace badly.. That team can't start every game otherwise we are down 

what a massive over reaction again Adam. 

We signed Davenport who will play centre midfield or Travis with Smallwood. 

Going down after 1 game. ? some people are unbelieveable, so negative and very embarrassing 

8 minutes ago, JAL said:

We need Nuttall out of the club 

The lads utter shyte Joe Nuttall anyone disagree talks utter shyte for me.

Nuttall out!

?

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, Stuart said:

We’ve just seen the difference between L1 and the Championship. In all seriousness, it sounds like we had enough chances to win in and got hit with the sucker punch.

Mowbray’s tactics at the end would have been enough most weeks last season. Not any more. The opposition are far better. Hope he realises this soon.

It may actually work in our favour if he gets off the pot with some bids this week.

TBH we didn't really take our chances last season - and it wasn't like we let in a well worked goal for them to draw level.

At the end, sounded like we were dead on our feet - which affected decision making. 

Disappointing to be so near to 3 points - but would have taken a draw at the start - so still a good result.

7 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Williams is shit. Pathetic for their goal.

Mowbray far too defensive too early. Keep Dack on for every minute if he is fit. FFS

Crazy taking Dack of as you say if he is fit then he must be on the pitch. As for Williams I just don't get what Mowbray see's in him and I don't get why he paid decent money for another full back to just sit on the bench as I can't see him dropping Williams.

If I'd a £1 for every goal we've conceded and points thrown away at the death in the last few years I'd be a rich man. I'd have taken a draw at 3.00 but that feels like a loss now. We've got to learn how to play games out and that doesn't mean packing the goalmouth and hoping for the best.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Williams is the main culprit. For that equaliser he could have intercepted but instead was falling over. Edwards destroyed him several times and all of Ipswich's chances came down that wing.

Bell should start for the next match.

They were giving the ball to Edwards pretty much the entire second half. 

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

TBH we didn't really take our chances last season - and it wasn't like we let in a well worked goal for them to draw level.

At the end, sounded like we were dead on our feet - which affected decision making. 

Disappointing to be so near to 3 points - but would have taken a draw at the start - so still a good result.

That is a real worry!

Same things we knew before Samuel is pointless on the right wing in any league , Williams struggles in this division, we lack 90+ mins concentration and above all TM employs tactics to try and see games out too early despite putting Palmer on the team just always seem to have that mentality.

A point on the board though.

• Like 3

Cant be throwing points away like that.

Both full backs started shakily but Nyambe did really step up after that. Williams got the run around by Edwards.

Felt like Evans was better than Smallwood.

Dack shouldnt have been taken off. Needed his ball retention. Palmer had to score that chance, badly cost us in the end.

Samuel not up to it, we all knew that. Another hold up player needed, again we all knew that.

Very dissapointing, feels like a defeat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plus considering some of the names being suggest by some people on here. I would imagine Gallagher will be in by next week game

Well no he hasn't answered it & what makes you so certain Gallagher is coming (I hope you are wrong as he is a very average player).

• Like 3

Just now, OnePhilT said:

He was OK. I think Smallwood struggled. More the pace than a anything.

I'm really happy with that draw, especially after going a goal down so early on - feared the worst! But I thought Ipswich were really lucky. Let's take the point and soldier on without any "what ifs".

Special mention for Nyambe. Aside from a scary back-pass that nearly put is in trouble in the first half, he was outstanding.

Our best player today.

Thought we looked second best throughout the game, especially in the first half (despite scoring 2 goals). Ipswich’s passing and movement was on a different level to us. Edwards is some player for them and a great signing, he will no doubt go on to have a fantastic season.

Despite comments on here, I thought Williams was excellent in the first half, but was caught out multiple times by Edwards in the second half. 

Lenihan is a colossus at the back for us and one of the few players who’s cemented a place in the squad I think. Raya, Nyambe and Mulgrew all looked solid enough defensively throughout the game, but had some moments of uncertainty which are a bit worrying.

Our weakest area was in midfield and out wide I thought. Samuel was dreadful and Bennett didn’t offer much either. Evans and Smallwood seemed fairly anonymous in midfield as well. 

Dack and Graham delivered the goods when it mattered as usual and had good games before being subbed.

Not much to say about the subs... Palmer, Nuttall and Conway all offered very little. We definitely need a better front man to come on for Graham. Nuttall isn’t ready for Championship football.

Overall, pleased with the result. Point against a decent side away from home. A lot of work ahead for the team and Mowbray though, but at least the drive and desire is there.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what a massive over reaction again Adam. 

We signed Davenport who will play centre midfield or Travis with Smallwood. 

Going down after 1 game. ? some people are unbelieveable and so negative. 

?

Evans was better than Smallwood. Not the problem.

Gallagher is not the answer. He cant hold the ball up as we saw at home to Preston.

4 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Draw sounds like a fair result in the end, but I don't understand why he took both Graham and Dack off, you need to keep a threat up front.

We've all known since the end of last season that Graham can't do more than 70 minutes that's why it was so poor that we went into this game with Nuttall as the backup. That's the same Nuttall that couldn't even get onto the bench at the end of last season

Edited by Ewood Ace

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Well no he hasn't answered it & what makes you so certain Gallagher is coming (I hope you are wrong as he is a very average player).

Well yes he has. He has told you several times through the media

It is just who I think Mowbray is targeting

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In Mowbray we trust

exactly. 

cant believe how many fans are so negative after 1 league game. very embarrassing to read 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Decent result with a frustrating path to it, that could have gone much worse 

My fault for turning on the radio in minute 89!

The players sounded knackered and were giving the ball away in the last few moments-tired minds and legs according to KG. Their equaliser sounded like a total fluke though.

A sickener in the end, but I'd have settled for that result at 3.00.