BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ipswich away match thread

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Shouldn't underestimate Millwall. Did very well last season and for much of yesterday were leading 2-0 against one of the most fancied and well funded teams in the league. Won't be a cakewalk.

Sorry not the intentions, we will be having very few easy games in championships, I am sure Tony has side fresh for home game 1, we can win.

3 hours ago, LDRover said:

I was beyond disappointed with the 'efforts' of Nuttall when he came on. For a young lad trying to make his mark to show such lethargy and lack of application is shocking. He needs bombing out quickly.

Yep and not on loan either . 

• Like 2

A agree with the posters above. Their final goal was a total fluke. The guy meant to cross in the box as it was not hit with venomous power. He pulled the ball back a bit and just hit it with hope that someone would get to the end of it but it just went in. Nobody to blame for that goal. That was just hard luck. Cant even blame the guy for not pressing fast enough. While looking at it from a larger perspective, a point away from home wouldn't be bad at all but it seems like 2 points lost.

7 hours ago, LDRover said:

I was beyond disappointed with the 'efforts' of Nuttall when he came on. For a young lad trying to make his mark to show such lethargy and lack of application is shocking. He needs bombing out quickly.

Not sure I’d agree with entirely. Thought he ran and chased things down. Just wasn’t very effective doing it...

59 minutes ago, punerover said:

A agree with the posters above. Their final goal was a total fluke. The guy meant to cross in the box as it was not hit with venomous power. He pulled the ball back a bit and just hit it with hope that someone would get to the end of it but it just went in. Nobody to blame for that goal. That was just hard luck. Cant even blame the guy for not pressing fast enough. While looking at it from a larger perspective, a point away from home wouldn't be bad at all but it seems like 2 points lost.

Unfortunate for the equaliser though what about the miss from new boy Kasey Gladwind oops Palmer ? This would have wrapped the game up.

8 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Not sure I’d agree with entirely. Thought he ran and chased things down. Just wasn’t very effective doing it...

Thats it Rob ....he, Nuttall just isnt effective in a adult championship game. 

Edited by JAL
  • Like 1

After watching the highlights on Quest TV I've changed my mind (which I made up after reading comments on this board)

Rovers looked OK. Williams got skinned a few times by their excellent Edwards and failed to cut out the cross for their first goal but did well in crossing for Dack. Palmer's miss wasn't as bad as I had imagined. Danny Graham played well. Their second goal was an absolute fluke; no-one to blame.

I don't know what Rothwell, Davenport and Palmer can add to that starting team. I'll have to judge them when I see them.

I think we'll be fine in this league and I'm looking forward to the Millwall game;  Lions not to be taken too lightly though. They are a good, tough side.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAL said:

Thats it Rob ....he, Nuttall just isnt effective in a adult championship game. 

Got the contract in the bag though so he's set to cruise for a bit now no doubt he does seem the type in terms of body language. A spell on loan lower down to work for his coin is the way to go imo.

If Conning gets him out on loan and Gallagher in it won't hurt his commission too much ......?

Regarding the Palmer miss, I kinda always think that if that kind of thing happens once its a case of 'at least he got in the right place at the right time'. I'll start to worry if he's missing those game in game out without scoring but for now, on his debut with plenty of expectations, I'll give him the benefit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bazza said:

After watching the highlights on Quest TV I've changed my mind (which I made up after reading comments on this board)

Rovers looked OK. Williams got skinned a few times by their excellent Edwards and failed to cut out the cross for their first goal but did well in crossing for Dack. Palmer's miss wasn't as bad as I had imagined. Danny Graham played well. Their second goal was an absolute fluke; no-one to blame.

I don't know what Rothwell, Davenport and Palmer can add to that starting team. I'll have to judge them when I see them.

I think we'll be fine in this league and I'm looking forward to the Millwall game;  Lions not to be taken too lightly though. They are a good, tough side.

I’m not usually the type to do this....

But after watching the replays I think Williams should be the one to deal with BOTH goals and Edwards, whilst of course he was great, absolutely had him on toast... frustrating because he often offers so much, started getting better going forwards, got the assist, and his graft is exceptional.

Up and down game from him certainly.

Edited by S8 & Blue

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Got the contract in the bag though so he's set to cruise for a bit now no doubt he does seem the type in terms of body language. A spell on loan lower down to work for his coin is the way to go imo.

If Conning gets him out on loan and Gallagher in it won't hurt his commission too much ......?

Absolutely  !

Simons a handicap for our club with his shyte players that chaddyrover seems to like.

Luke Varney and Bradley Orr with that extra year that no fan knew about on a million plus a year .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

After 8 years you still need a few more days?

Obviously I'd prefer it if we got local owners that were fit and proper, with some financial clout too(would be nice).. 

Back in the real world, a Venkys that back us reasonably are our best option.. A Venkys that refuse to back us at all, then I believe protests should restart.. For all the good they do..!

18 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

Is it being alleged that agents are still a factor in the running of our club?

Agents control players it's not just ours . Who pays most wins ! remember the Jack Walker days and loads and loads of money.

We won then yet Venkys came and told us they had loads of money.

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

Agents control players it's not just outs. Who pays most wins ! remember the Jack Walker days and loads and loads of money.

We won then yet Venkys came and told us they had loads of money.

Burnley didn't pay most last season, and beat many that paid far more.

1 minute ago, Bepeja43 said:

Obviously I'd prefer it if we got local owners that were fit and proper, with some financial clout too(would be nice).. 

Back in the real world, a Venkys that back us reasonably are our best option.. A Venkys that refuse to back us at all, then I believe protests should restart.. For all the good they do..!

Absolutely no point in protesting again at this stage. We couldn’t muster more than a couple of hundred when Kean and co were running the club into the ground.

Not being backed in the transfer window is the least of our worries.

It’s now all about the long game. The only way Venkys will save face enough to sell, let alone fetch the kind of asking price the lions want, is if we are a PL team. Until then we are hostages. With a reasonable minority of Stockholm Syndrome affected fans shouting down any impatience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

Burnley didn't pay most last season, and beat many that paid far more.

Yeah!

Unfortunately we are saddled with a bunch of keaners that have excellent communication skills that can manipulate the situation and make you believe .

How frequent is the change in personnel very frequent.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Absolutely no point in protesting again at this stage. We couldn’t muster more than a couple of hundred when Kean and co were running the club into the ground.

Not being backed in the transfer window is the least of our worries.

It’s now all about the long game. The only way Venkys will save face enough to sell, let alone fetch the kind of asking price the lions want, is if we are a PL team. Until then we are hostages. With a reasonable minority of Stockholm Syndrome affected fans shouting down any impatience.

Grin and bear it then I suppose.

6 minutes ago, JAL said:

Yeah!

Unfortunately we are saddled with a bunch of keaners that have excellent communication skills that can manipulate the situation and make you believe .

Do you put Tony Mowbray in the bracket of one of those keaners?

I noted your derision at his remarks about lenihan.

14 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

Do you put Tony Mowbray in the bracket of one of those keaners?

I noted your derision at his remarks about lenihan.

The remarks about Lenihan.

I'm curious to are they suggesting selling him now to the prem or what is the structure to achieving prem status with Rovers especially after he goes and picks the likes of Nuttall who are incapable of doing anything.

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

The remarks about Lenihan.

I'm curious to are they suggesting selling him now to the prem or what is the structure to achieving prem status with Rovers especially after he goes and picks the likes of Nuttall who are incapable of doing anything.

So you do mean Tony Mowbray.