BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wasn't it in the papers that Sunderland were linked with him going there on loan ? It'd be a bit of a strange move with Cattermole already being there. Maybe they could fill in for each other when they get suspended !

problem is Smallwood doesn't get suspended but becomes a fraction of the player when he is a card away.

Edit: BDS beat me to it by seconds.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wasn't it in the papers that Sunderland were linked with him going there on loan ? It'd be a bit of a strange move with Cattermole already being there. Maybe they could fill in for each other when they get suspended !

Isn't cattermole linked with a move to France or something (honestly I'm not joking) 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Just feel Bell provides more width, can take a man on and has some decent pace. Needs to work on his end-product a bit though.

Perhaps williams is more solid definsivley, but attack is the best form of defence in my book 

I think both are decent players to have. We are ok at left back 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Perhaps williams is more solid definsivley, but attack is the best form of defence in my book 

I think both are decent players to have. We are ok at left back 

Definitely, two different types of full backs with their own strengths. Just feel we have lacked one that likes to overlap and get forward when he can. As you say though, its an area we are okay in with those two.

On 15/08/2018 at 20:19, OnePhilT said:

It became evident last night without a proper tackler in midfield. Travis isn't good enough at that just yet, Rothwell looks to get forward, and Palmer can't be arsed, so it's down to Smallwood and Evans in the middle. Whether we like it or not.

What about Davenport. Not seen him yet? Does he have any bite?

Hull will have had this one on their winnable games list. Take Dack out of the equation and they will believe they can beat us.

That said, they’ve got off to a relatively poor start and we need to take advantage of this. An early goal could get the crowd on their back.

It’s the kind of game I’d like to see Mowbray be a little less cautious in and ask us to get forward and cause them problems. Having Bell rather than Williams might help with this.

Mostly the same team that put Carlisle to the sword would be interesting. Replacing Conway with Bennett...

71A3829D-B082-4F0E-99FE-7D86306231C4.jpeg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yeah. Momentum is overrated.

Let’s put that forward line that got 5 last time out (and could have had more) back in its box and go for a 1-0-and-shut-up-shop approach which has resulted in two draws.

He’d better get that 1-0 then because he is opening himself up for criticism if he changes a winning team and then doesn’t.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Hopefully one of the main men conjures something up to get our noses in front otherwise it could be a difficult afternoon as you always fear we'll ship the usual poor goal.

Still think a draw is on the cards though.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Yeah. Momentum is overrated.

Let’s put that forward line that got 5 last time out (and could have had more) back in its box and go for a 1-0-and-shut-up-shop approach which has resulted in two draws.

He’d better get that 1-0 then because he is opening himself up for criticism if he changes a winning team and then doesn’t.

Hull away isn't the same as Carlisle away. I expect the usual suspects to be playing on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hull away isn't the same as Carlisle away. I expect the usual suspects to be playing on Saturday.

The goals are the same size. The only changes I would make would be to shore up our defence because Carlisle had too many chances for my liking. I’ve picked Bennett and Travis because of their energy but I could see the merits of Smallwood or Evans - not sure I’d play both though. Don’t see why Graham should automatically start though and he could well come on to hold the ball up later in the game as we are tiring.

The alternative is to use Armstrong’s pace late in the game but I feel that is such a negative tactic as it means we would be chasing a result towards the end rather than seeing out a lead.

Hit them hard, hit them early.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The goals are the same size. The only changes I would make would be to shore up our defence because Carlisle had too many chances for my liking. I’ve picked Bennett and Travis because of their energy but I could see the merits of Smallwood or Evans - not sure I’d play both though. Don’t see why Graham should automatically start though and he could well come on to hold the ball up later in the game as we are tiring.

The alternative is to use Armstrong’s pace late in the game but I feel that is such a negative tactic as it means we would be chasing a result towards the end rather than seeing out a lead.

Hit them hard, hit them early.

Ya, I think the logical option is to start Armstrong upfront fresh of his confidence building 2 goals during the week. His link up with Dack was also great. i think his pace on the counter away from home could really help us too. As you say, Graham off the bench to steady things up and hold the ball would be a great option. 

I'm afraid starting Graham may see us chasing the game and needing to bring Armstrong on.  

• Like 1

My team;                        Raya,

Nyambe,            Lenihan,       Mulgrew,       Bell

Smallwood,    Bennett,

Palmer                           Dack                Rothwell

Armstrong

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Travis, Evans, Conway, Nuttall, Graham.

A few thoughts; keep Armstrong up front try and use his pace on the counter. wide men to play a bit narrower and congest the middle. Keep the creativity going from Rothwell, Palmer and Dack. Sack Samuel off completely because I don't rate him. Bennett and Smallwood would cover more ground and provide more aggression than Evans so I've gone for those two. Graham is a very handy option off the bench