BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Well pleased with that.  Thought we may struggle today but by all accounts we played really well.  Good thing TM knows what he's doing. 

Pace is a wonderful thing to have in a side.  

Fancy us for another 3pts on Weds now.  Back from holiday Wednesday lunch.  Can't wait ?

I was chuffed we got the three points. I expected more from Hull to be honest, I thought they'd give us a tough game. Reading between the lines they're in a similar situation to  the one  we were in a year or two back. Low morale, lack of direction through out the club, fans disaffected etc. They could really struggle this season if they're not careful.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

We got a lucky break today Mark. On another day we’d have had a sucker punch.

Trust had nothing to do with it.

3 points won, unbeaten in Championship games, unlucky not taking 3 points at Ipswich Town Fc.

In Tony we Trust, much as last season.

Anyway, this rovers team do impress me. They are positive (from the games I’ve seen), they work tremendously hard, they have good balance and the team spirit seems to be excellent. Rovers just don’t give teams time on the ball. And there’s Dack who is going to get his chance in the PL pretty soon. If Mowbray can add two or three quality players we could exceed expectations IMO.

Edited by den
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, den said:

The reason we are a better team now is because we haven’t got Rhodes or Gestede. We now have 11 players all running, chasing, putting the opposition under pressure then breaking quickly. Dack and Graham make this side tick. Rhodes and Gestede held us back. 

Dack and Graham, or Rhodes and Gestede? I know which works better for the team.

I am sorry but that isnt even a choice. Rhodes and Gestede held us back??? One of the craziest things I have heard on this board. Both were quality throughout their time here.

• Like 3

Me, my son and my grandson went to the game. Grandson is a lucky charm; 4 games watched and 4 games won.

A great win. Hull are surprisingly poor. All played well but my MOM, when asked, was Lenihan. Son's MOM was Danny Graham even though he was a second half sub. and even though he missed 4 scoring chances.He held the ball up so well that we finished the game on the attack. 

Just now, bazza said:

Me, my son and my grandson went to the game. Grandson is a lucky charm; 4 games watched and 4 games won.

A great win. Hull are surprisingly poor. All played well but my MOM, when asked, was Lenihan. Son's MOM was Danny Graham even though he was a second half sub. and even though he missed 4 scoring chances.He held the ball up so well that we finished the game on the attack. 

Wouldn't say its surprising tbh... Struggled last season, lost some of their better players and haven't really replaced them... Many pundits tip for relegation... I can see why. 

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I am sorry but that isnt even a choice. Rhodes and Gestede held us back??? One of the craziest things I have heard on this board. Both were quality throughout their time here.

Not exactly crazy! No strikers who scored lots of goals for us, however this is a game of 11 vs 11 and i have no doubt that either one would struggle in this team. Why? Mowbray demands that all players chase and track, we are an effective team now. In hindsight the best thing to happen to us was to go league 1 with Mowbray in charge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Not exactly crazy! No strikers who scored lots of goals for us, however this is a game of 11 vs 11 and i have no doubt that either one would struggle in this team. Why? Mowbray demands that all players chase and track, we are an effective team now. In hindsight the best thing to happen to us was to go league 1 with Mowbray in charge.

The crazy statement was out of all the shit managers and owners we had that Rhodes or Gestede were at all responsible for holding us back

• Like 1

the jury forme is still out on who is guaranteed a midfield place,but it's great to have a few options against different team setups. No doubt a few harder games coming up but a real positive start.The back 4 staying injury free is crucial and back up is needed. Hopefully a good performance on Wednesday will cement a good start and set the tone. 15 points from first 10 games would be great. 5 in the bag.