BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

19 hours ago, Husky said:

It was probably a big eye opener to find out he wasn't the only 'manager' managing the club.

Something iffy has gone on. However, Scholes doesn't strike me as a manager type either so he may have come to that conclusion himself and decided to chuck it in whilst it was easy to do so.

I still don't understand how he can part own Salford City yet be involved at another club.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Something iffy has gone on. However, Scholes doesn't strike me as a manager type either so he may have come to that conclusion himself and decided to chuck it in whilst it was easy to do so.

I still don't understand how he can part own Salford City yet be involved at another club.

Think he resigned his directorship to take the Oldham job tbh. 

38 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I didn't know that. Did he give up his shares too?

Anyway it matters not now does it?

He retained a 10% ownership in Salford when he took the Oldham job. I think there was also something about each club not being able to do transfer business with each other.

As you rightly say it doesn't matter now but I was surprised the EFL allowed him to have any interest in another club particularly one on the verge of promotion.

Why are people surprised about the Football League not doing anything regarding all things suspect, iffy and potential conflict of interests? My impression was they are there to shove such issues under the carpet or smooth them over...

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He retained a 10% ownership in Salford when he took the Oldham job. I think there was also something about each club not being able to do transfer business with each other.

As you rightly say it doesn't matter now but I was surprised the EFL allowed him to have any interest in another club particularly one on the verge of promotion.

If he was called Joe Bloggs instead of Paul Scholes , he probably wouldn't ..

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, plus Hope Akpan as captain which probably gives an indication as to why they are struggling!

He's only holding the fort until bolton fold and Jason Lowe returns to take the armband and drive them into obscurity

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Aren't Caddis and Payne at Bradford? How are such a big club struggling so badly at that level for so long 

A lot of their troubles are being blamed on their ex-Chairman Edin Rahic who it seems was interfering in decisions and creating problems for them. He's now left but it is probably too late in the day.

I bet Bowyer was fuming on Saturday after being trounced by his former club managed by his former assistant.

Meanwhile strange goings on at Port Vale. Their owner went on local radio on Saturday and said he would fund them until May and then wouldn't put another penny in forcing them into administration. He also owns Vale Park under a different company and wants to sell the club without the ground so he can lease it back to them - recipe for disaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Coventry have said that they won't be staying at the Ricoh next season and are in discussions with two clubs about groundsharing next season. The League are due to have an EGM in 2 weeks where expulsion from the league could be an outcome if they don't have something sorted.

Interesting that when the news about the EGM came out a few weeks ago it was rumoured that the League were insisting that they stay in the Coventry boundaries and played no more than 6 miles from the city centre, yet it now seems they are prepared to compromise on that and allow them to groundshare further away.

Presumably another 'arrangement' like at Bolton where the league are terrified of cracking down and making an example of these clubs due to uproar from fans and the media so they'll bend over backwards to accommodate them even if it means their fans can't or won't go watching them. Meanwhile down the pyramid in non-league the small fish get landed under a tonne of bricks when they do something wrong.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1