BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

• Backroom

Barton is a thug who masquerades as some kind of intellectual. A disgusting human being who, by the looks of what happened today, has once again shown his true colours. 

I still think Sunderland will get automatic promotion but they are making hard work of it. If they end up in the playoffs I'm not convinced that they have the mental fortitude to get through it. We'll see. A club that size will come back up at some point, but they could end up in the Sheff Utd bracket of taking some time to get back up off the floor.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

See that Joey Barton is being investigated about assaulting the Barnsley manager. He's a one.

I'm surprised it took him nearly a full season to get into it with another teams manager,the guy's got a short fuse and will never change.

Don't think we have seen Accy, dingles and Rovers all win on the same day before this season.

Accy gave themselves a sporting chance of survival with that win over Walsall. Still need to get a draw somehow from one of the last four fixtures and pray that three of the teams beneath them don't all get two wins out of their last four games.

Now a lottery between Barnsley, Sunderland and Pompey for 2nd automatic promotion slot.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Gary Bowyer's Bradford relegated.

Bradford in the third highest average gate in League One (second but for the Sunderland anomaly), and have finished in the top half in each the last five years, play-offs twice. Now relegated bottom of the league. Surely that isn’t just down to Bowyer’s shortcomings.

Just now, Stuart said:

Bradford in the third highest average gate in League One (second but for the Sunderland anomaly), and have finished in the top half in each the last five years, play-offs twice. Now relegated bottom of the league. Surely that isn’t just down to Bowyer’s shortcomings.

He’s only been there a month

• Like 1

• Backroom

I don't think much of it is down to Bowyer at all, he only came in just over a month ago and they were already six points adrift by that point. It's only a short term deal too, so he may not even be there next season.

https://widthofapost.com/2019/03/04/gary-bowyer-becomes-the-new-manager-of-a-beleaguered-bradford-city/

An interesting look at it here. Looks like GB has been keeping himself busy!

• Backroom

A few former Rovers players at Blackpool too. Jack Payne, Hope Akpan (captain!) and Paul Caddis. Granted only our good friend Hope ever really played a decent amount of games for us. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Not even that according to wiki. Blimey, that was a poisoned chalice. Must be backing himself to get them back up.

Short term contract I believe, might not even be there.

If he is I’d probably back him to get them up.

Edited by S8 & Blue

What are the odds on the oldest professional club (Notts County) going out of the league and being wound up/reformed/merged with another club (such as Baseford United)?

Either of those would have to involve a name change wouldn't it? Hence a historic goodbye.

• Backroom

and to be fair the fans reaction on social media was all very positive when the new deal was announced so they obviously like what they seen so far 

Autos no longer in Sunderland’s own hands after a late Posh equaliser... (lolgasm)

If I lose my local trip to Rotherham, would love it to be Barnsley...

But Portsmouth seemingly coming from nowhere could go second with their game in hand!

Drama at both ends of League One...

mid table mediocrity never looked as good for those of us with dicky tickers

On 19/04/2019 at 14:50, DE. said:

A few former Rovers players at Blackpool too. Jack Payne, Hope Akpan (captain!) and Paul Caddis. Granted only our good friend Hope ever really played a decent amount of games for us. 

I assume you meant Bradford City (who also have Rovers Academy grad Anthony O'Connor! And Kilgallon only left them in late August), but the number of former Rovers at Blackpool is pretty funny: John O'Sullivan, Liam Feeney, Chris Taylor, Jay Spearing, Nathan Delfouneso, plus Terry McPhillips as manager. (They've also got Ben Heneghan who we apparently almost signed last year, I suspect this is a NW England agents thing!).