BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

Interesting that as the game went to penalties two police officers intervened and appeared to inform the referee which end the penalties would be taken at, which so happened to be at Charlton's home end and not the 50/50 split stand. I wouldn't be happy in the slightest if i were involved with Doncaster.

• Backroom

There didn’t seem to be any noise from the Doncaster fans so there can’t be too many of them, no idea how it becomes a safety concern it’s bonkers 

Just now, JHRover said:

Interesting that as the game went to penalties two police officers intervened and appeared to inform the referee which end the penalties would be taken at, which so happened to be at Charlton's home end and not the 50/50 split stand. I wouldn't be happy in the slightest if i were involved with Doncaster.

I thought I caught Donny’s keeper saying to the ref “that’s bullshit”. They’ve now just lost very narrowly as a result and there has been a mass pitch invasion. Charlton very lucky to go through but not so much lucky as handed an advantage.

Should football matches now be decided based on which fans might kick off?

Shambles.

Edited by Stuart

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Apparently at the League play off Semi at Perth Glory last weekend the decision at which end to take penalties was chosen by a  FFA official (not the referee) and not by a toss of the coin , it was chosen because of which end looked better for the TV viewer 

Edited by perthblue02

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

The process when I was active was that the referee should ask the Match Commander and Safely Officer if there were any safety issues which would effect a potential penalty shoot out. This briefing takes place 75 minutes before the game. If they have a preference then the referee should inform the managers and captains at the exchange of team sheets an hour before kick off. If there are no issues then it's the toss of a coin and the winning captain chooses. In my experience the choice was usually in front of the home fans. I always suspected that it wasn't a decision made in the interests of safety but to give the home team an advantage. I've never seen such a public show when a delegation troop onto the pitch to tell the referee where penalties should be taken from.

Poor from the referee for not sorting this out privately before the match.

• Like 1

Anything but stale. It’s been pretty end to end.

Newport can consider themselves a little unlucky not to have won it in normal time. Two good penalty claims waved away.

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Cheers Stuart. The stats seem to say that Newport are tiring and Tranmere are coming on stronger? Interesting to relate the stats to the real thing...

For me, Newport have had to focus on getting through extra time with 10 men.

Just now, K-Hod said:

That McNulty that came on is younger and also fatter than me! (I’m 35) He looked about 45! ?

Haha. I turned on for the penalties, he must be that guy that I instantly thought 'Accrington Loyal'.

48 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

That McNulty that came on is younger and also fatter than me! (I’m 35) He looked about 45! ?

The player he replaced must have felt quite humiliated. He was lower-non-league dimensions! I can only assume he meets the Tranmere fitness requirements.

7 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Pleased for Tranmere. Always like them a club for no particular reason. Maybe it was the Friday night games in the 80's (Johnnie King?)

Prenton Park and its environs could be a tricky evening for an away fan back then.