BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Good luck to the donkey lashers: they've finally rid themselves of the Oystons and Belekon and a well connected Blackpool fan has bought The Seasiders.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Looks like Bolton are about to have a new owner as well https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/statement-on-behalf-of-the-joint-administrators-for-bolton-wanderers/

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Good luck to the donkey lashers: they've finally rid themselves of the Oystons and Belekon and a well connected Blackpool fan has bought The Seasiders.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

I'd swap places with them if we could ditch the chicken chokers and be owned by a long time fan with a reasonablel amount of dosh. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Henley signs for Gaz at Bradford 

Really thought it would be the end of the lad at the professional  level after being deemed not at the good enough for the second tier of the MLS. I think Bowyer has done him a huge favour.

Henley always just seemed a bit too soft for me, I’m shocked he played the amount of games that he actually did for us.

12 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

I hope things work out well for Bolton and Blackpool. Their fans have suffered for years so to now have new hope must be so encouraging.

Meanwhile, we are stuck in the Venky SSDD Vortex

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, cesus said:

Really thought it would be the end of the lad at the professional  level after being deemed not at the good enough for the second tier of the MLS. I think Bowyer has done him a huge favour.

Henley always just seemed a bit too soft for me, I’m shocked he played the amount of games that he actually did for us.

What is strange is that his best game for us was v Utd in the top league....he seemed more at home in the premier league 

• Like 1

Henley's career has been blighted by hamstring and ankle injuries. If he can stay fit he has a chance to resurrect his career. Seem to recall him doing a job on Raheem Sterling in a cup match under GB. It's only a one year deal though and GB gave him a trial when at Blackpool and didn't take him on!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Absolute disgrace that sky are screening Salford v Stevenage on the first Saturday....I dont pay my subscription to fund Nevilles team

In would say get used to it the league two Leeds 

Edited by Tom

On 20/06/2019 at 09:38, Mattyblue said:

Sky Bet sponsored club with a Sky pundit as co-owner appear on Sky as soon as they possibly could... go figure!

in the Sky Bet league. no conflict of interest.

Paul Downing now a Pompey player.

Good luck to him.

I think he was criminally underrated by many (including TM!). He was a great contributor to our promotion campaign and I wouldn’t bet against him being a Championship player again in 12 months time.

Edited by S8 & Blue

5 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Good luck to him.

I think he was criminally underrated by many (including TM!). He was a great contributor to our promotion campaign and I wouldn’t bet against him being a Championship player again in 12 months time.

How do you know he was criminally underrated by Mowbray? 

8 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Good luck to him.

No, he was criminally overrated, Tony did his mates son a favour and it ended up with a great move to Pompey. If his dad wasnt Tony's mate they'd have stuck him on the bench all last season and we would have used him towards the end of the season.  Another waste of time and money on our part.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

No, he was criminally overrated, Tony did his mates son a favour and it ended up with a great move to Pompey. If his dad wasnt Tony's mate they'd have stuck him on the bench all last season and we would have used him towards the end of the season.  Another waste of time and money on our part.

Way too harsh IMO.

Was fine in league one, not good enough for the Championship, but he's gone now, so not our problem any more. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Downing is a solid L1 player and possibly a competent backup CB for a smaller team in this division. Always had a good attitude and performed to the best of his ability, so good luck to him.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you mean Uncle Keith? Gonna be a bombshell for Paul to find out the truth like this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

How do you know he was criminally underrated by Mowbray? 

He didn’t rely on him enough last season in my opinion. Had a couple of good starts vs Wednesday and Boro and then never played again. Good header of the ball, and TM (and fans) didn’t realise how useful he was to the squad until we let him go.