BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

They can no longer afford to buy razors!

I'm not surprised. Have you bought any blades lately ? You'd think they were made out of gold. In my " Boots " the don't have them on display any more. The have a series of photo cards, you choose the blades you want and take the photo to the counter. The real blades were " getting stolen by druggies " according to the sales assistant.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not surprised. Have you bought any blades lately ? You'd think they were made out of gold. In my " Boots " the don't have them on display any more. The have a series of photo cards, you choose the blades you want and take the photo to the counter. The real blades were " getting stolen by druggies " according to the sales assistant.

Yet, compare the cost of women’s razors which are by-and-large the same thing.

I demand equality!

23 hours ago, Stuart said:

There is no one to sell him.

You’d have thought that they’d have all been able to walk away for free by breach of contract if they weren’t being paid.

Very odd situation.

With a huge points deduction and an eventual squad of 14 that will be made up of kids and the frees that nobody else wants you’d think that they must be nailed on to be a League Two side in 2020/21. That’s if they don’t go pop.

I do wonder how things are going to pan out at Rovers...

Bolton are 2/1 against being relegated at the minute, which looks like printing money to me. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Salford to be promoted and Bolton to be relegated at a shade over 15/2 is a must for any football punter and even Salford to win League two and Bolton to go down, at 23/1 looks tasty.

Edited by lraC

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was in the same boat as you and would chunner to myself every time I spent my hard earned at Boots on razor blades then my brother recommended the one he uses bought from Lidl. The make is Cien and for £2.99 I got a razor and blade and a pack of four blades for another £2.99. I have actually been using the first blade for over three weeks now.

46 minutes ago, lraC said:

Bolton are 2/1 against being relegated at the minute, which looks like printing money to me. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Salford to be promoted and Bolton to be relegated at a shade over 15/2 is a must for any football punter and even Salford to win League two and Bolton to go down, at 23/1 looks tasty.

Looks like there will be movement on the takeover next week.

But even so, with a minimum points deduction of 12, with more set to be added for the forfeited match. With only 7 players turning up for pre season tomorrow (5 outfield players) and still no season tickets on sale, it will have to be some salvage job.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I was in the same boat as you and would chunner to myself every time I spent my hard earned at Boots on razor blades then my brother recommended the one he uses bought from Lidl. The make is Cien and for £2.99 I got a razor and blade and a pack of four blades for another £2.99. I have actually been using the first blade for over three weeks now.

Rechargeable all the way for me, can shave whilst taking the dogs out for their morning walk. Who said men can't multi task? ?

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Bassini is back! https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9405906/bolton-high-court-laurence-bassini-football-ventures/amp/

Meanwhile Villa get 56 million from sellin villa park to there owners to avoid ffp.

Not seen many Villa fans in uproar about 'selling' their historic ground to their owners to circumvent the rules and win promotion. 

Nothing stopping their owners from selling it back for a pound now they've got where they want to be.

Some just want to hide behind the rules, others find ways around them.

My immediate assumption was perhaps the admins have some morals and are worried about the backlash selling to Bassini. He's hardly "fit and proper is he" not to mention a friend of Jerome Anderson. Which made his comments about having John Williams interested in being part of his setup strange with no denial or comment of any kind from Williams. 

Strange is one word used to sum up the situation but whatever reasoning the admins have will presumably come out in court. If it's not "fit and proper" then more a case of "show us the money" which is hardly new with Bassini either.

Just now, JHRover said:

Not seen many Villa fans in uproar about 'selling' their historic ground to their owners to circumvent the rules and win promotion. 

Nothing stopping their owners from selling it back for a pound now they've got where they want to be.

Some just want to hide behind the rules, others find ways around them.

Indeed though it's strange (as noted on Premier League thread) that there didn't seem to be any formal notification of any bids considering Villa Park is an ACV. Of course here people were more concerned incase Venkys wanted to sell the land to a supermarket or something than themselves. It only seems Villa fans became aware a few weeks ago when the company "buying" the stadium was setup on Companies House.

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Bassini is back! https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9405906/bolton-high-court-laurence-bassini-football-ventures/amp/

Meanwhile Villa get 56 million from sellin villa park to there owners to avoid ffp.

The name of the prospective Bolton owners, Football Ventures arouses my suspicions straight away. Is it the first sign of venture capitalism in football?

Bassini seems like the proverbial bad penny. He keeps turning up!

Ironically, his continued “muddying of the waters” could stop Bolton fielding a team in just under five weeks’ time.

Has he actually got any money?

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Bassini seems like the proverbial bad penny. He keeps turning up!

Ironically, his continued “muddying of the waters” could stop Bolton fielding a team in just under five weeks’ time.

Has he actually got any money?

I doubt he has money of his own, he’s like that kid who pretended to be an agent by posing with flash cars etc and people just started buying it or the guy that fan the Fyre Festival scam 

48 minutes ago, Tom said:

No deal confirmed yet at Bolton meaning season tickets etc aren’t announced never mind on sale 

And still only 7 players. How on earth are they going to start the season? Despite the rivalry, I genuinely feel for their fans.

If and when this takeover goes through, you imagine they’ll be cobbling together a squad of frees and academy players quickly.

On minus 12 (minimum) points, it’s going to be another horrendous season, you imagine. Especially if they start slowly.

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If and when this takeover goes through, you imagine they’ll be cobbling together a squad of frees and academy players quickly.

On minus 12 (minimum) points, it’s going to be another horrendous season, you imagine. Especially if they start slowly.

It really should be more than minus 12 given they failed to play a game. Bit hard given they're already down and out but to not do could set a very dangerous precident. 

When Lowe is one of your best players you are pretty stuffed. 

• Like 1