BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

Just now, DE. said:

No sympathy from me. Knew exactly what he was getting into when he pitched up there. He might as well have quit at the start of the summer if this was going to be his attitude tbh. 

It's crazy that he can sit there and say those things. 

I suppose he is setting himself up either way. If they don't do well he has his excuses in early. If he does well he has achieved it against the odds. 

Even without new players that team should be challenging for the play offs. They were mid table in the championship when Mccarthy left. A fair few of that team are still around. Plus the good league 1 players Hurst signed. 

• Backroom

This part is the most ridiculous:

Do you need a bit of help from the owner? Do you need more funds to have a real crack at this season?

PL: Of course we do.

We've brought in two free transfers and one loan. Maybe one short-term (Wilson).

You don't need to be Einstein to see that.

Is that enough to get out of the division?

PL: No, it's not. Absolutely not.

---

Nice. Am sure the Ipswich players appreciate hearing that! Also...

---

Are you feeling the pressure of getting Ipswich up? Be that from Marcus or the supporters.

PL: You've got to be kidding me on? Pressure?

I played for massive clubs and managed massive clubs. That's been my life.

That just comes across as an insanely arrogant response. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

He’s angry as he knows this is his last chance. I think he envisaged bouncing straight back up and a rehabilitation of his career.

Instead an early sacking/resignation is incoming and that’s him done at a decent level in England.

More fool him for not working out how Evans operates, not the expert he thinks he is, obviously.

43 minutes ago, DE. said:

This part is the most ridiculous:

Do you need a bit of help from the owner? Do you need more funds to have a real crack at this season?

PL: Of course we do.

We've brought in two free transfers and one loan. Maybe one short-term (Wilson).

You don't need to be Einstein to see that.

Is that enough to get out of the division?

PL: No, it's not. Absolutely not.

---

Nice. Am sure the Ipswich players appreciate hearing that! Also...

---

Are you feeling the pressure of getting Ipswich up? Be that from Marcus or the supporters.

PL: You've got to be kidding me on? Pressure?

I played for massive clubs and managed massive clubs. That's been my life.

That just comes across as an insanely arrogant response. 

I'm not sure Einstein was a big football man ?

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s angry as he knows this is his last chance. I think he envisaged bouncing straight back up and a rehabilitation of his career.

Instead an early sacking/resignation is incoming and that’s him done at a decent level in England.

More fool him for not working out how Evans operates, not the expert he thinks he is, obviously.

Good point. I am sure other chairmen look at that and think feck getting this guy in. 

Sky are orgasmic about Class of 92 FC and their EFL debut game. With the Neville's connections to Bury you would have thought they might have tried to help them.

In the last few minutes several different people have mentioned Class of 92.

I'm sick of them already.

Edit:

And they are sponsored by Soccer Saturday Super Six.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

Well it's not like the real money is coming from a billionaire from Singapore is it?.......... I'm happy I don't have sky as it'll all be about Salford without mentioning the massive financially incestuous relationship with Neville, Skybet and so on. I expect a load of loans from Valencia, also owned by Peter Lim if Salford go up the divisions. 

As for Bury, there is obviously a plan from the EFL to make them go bust and use them as a warning to others about finance, whilst helping Bolton in any way possible even though they can barely put together a 5 a side team, and are trying to be run by a crook.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Sky are orgasmic about Class of 92 FC and their EFL debut game. With the Neville's connections to Bury you would have thought they might have tried to help them.

In the last few minutes several different people have mentioned Class of 92.

I'm sick of them already.

Everything wrong with football. Nothing to do with Salford or their fans, everything to do with 'celebrity' retired footballers short of something to do and desperate to remain in the limelight.

Neville's done the full set. Pundit, manager, owner. Got the Valencia job due to his mate Peter Lim and then got him on board at Salford. Used his connections with Sky to land Salford favourable sponsorship and media coverage. 

If he wants to spend his time and money on a vanity project to keep himself relevant thats up to him and his mates but the coverage of it and bias from Sky is disgusting.

There should be an enquiry into this from the FA. How can Neville earn a wage from Sky yet subsidise a member club of the League Sky effectively control? It stinks.

• Like 1

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

As for Bury, there is obviously a plan from the EFL to make them go bust and use them as a warning to others about finance, whilst helping Bolton in any way possible even though they can barely put together a 5 a side team, and are trying to be run by a crook.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bolton's teamsheet. I cant see how they can field a side from the registered players available. 

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Bolton's teamsheet. I cant see how they can field a side from the registered players available. 

Might be a bit longer than the 12/1 odds of yesterday around 2pm. Currently 16/1 on William Hill.

Edited by Vinjay17

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Couldn't find the more up to date thread but looks like Sunderland have sacked Jack Ross and also that their takeover to Michael Dell's group might be off.

The takeover has collapsed now 

No surprise that Ross has been sacked. Alot of Sunderland fans wanted her gone in the summer. 

Current Betting favourite(Sky Bet) is Daniel Stendal 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I see joe nuttall is yet to score. Will be a matter of time before he descends down the leagues. Clears as day he wasn’t good enough

Still scored more than Ben Brereton.

You may well be right but he was handled badly by Mowbray and his confidence will be shot.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 13:20, chaddyrovers said:

The takeover has collapsed now 

No surprise that Ross has been sacked. Alot of Sunderland fans wanted her gone in the summer. 

Current Betting favourite(Sky Bet) is Daniel Stendal 

I read that Gareth Ainsworth has now jumped to number 1.

Why would anyone take the Sunderland job? Ego? Desperation?

On 08/10/2019 at 20:24, Oldgregg86 said:

I see joe nuttall is yet to score. Will be a matter of time before he descends down the leagues. Clears as day he wasn’t good enough

Must be injured as he didn't even get on the bench for an appalling  Blackpool team on Monday. I'm with you though, never a footballer for me.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I read that Gareth Ainsworth has now jumped to number 1.

Why would anyone take the Sunderland job? Ego? Desperation?

Money, at a guess.

• Like 1