BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he is a good choice for them and the squad. Has Promotion on his CV

He's been a manager for sixteen years and won promotion three times. Simon Grayson has a better track record and look what happened to him. 

Overall, an uninspired, low-key appointment which will hardly rally the supporters.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Sunderland seemingly going for the cheap route, can only presume many other choices have rejected them. Cant see Sunderland fans being overly happy with that appointment.

Going for the cheap option? 

What other choices and who are these? 

Parkinson worked miracles at Bolton. 

2 hours ago, Amo said:

He's been a manager for sixteen years and won promotion three times. Simon Grayson has a better track record and look what happened to him. 

Overall, an uninspired, low-key appointment which will hardly rally the supporters.

Grayson was awful at Sunderland. Made some awful signings there

3 hours ago, Amo said:

I've got a good pal who's a Sunderland lad. I've been texting him. He's underwhelmed with Parkinson but his theory is it's poisoned chalice. If he gets them up there are big money people in the background waiting to step in. They will come in then and probably fire him so they can get a more high profile manager,  and if he doesn't get them up he'll probably get fired anyway.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Going for the cheap option? 

What other choices and who are these? 

Parkinson worked miracles at Bolton. 

Grayson was awful at Sunderland. Made some awful signings there

Miracles? Promotion from a terrible league, then last day survival and relegation before the shit storm of this summer. He was of course under restrictions but surely miracles would have entailed survival in the spite of all that. As it was, he failed but understandably so.

I think Bolton fans wanted him gone mid way through last season, obviously that was before things really unravelled. Daniel Stendel fresh from a promotion in the same league last season is an obvious one. If he wouldnt be interested, which would surprise me, people like Ainsworth, or even Adkins/Rowett/Neil Harris, I do wonder if one of those would take it.

They could have done worse ie an emotionally driven appointment like Kevin Phillips who was mooted.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Miracles? Promotion from a terrible league, then last day survival and relegation before the shit storm of this summer. He was of course under restrictions but surely miracles would have entailed survival in the spite of all that. As it was, he failed but understandably so.

I think Bolton fans wanted him gone mid way through last season, obviously that was before things really unravelled. Daniel Stendel fresh from a promotion in the same league last season is an obvious one. If he wouldnt be interested, which would surprise me, people like Ainsworth, or even Adkins/Rowett/Neil Harris, I do wonder if one of those would take it.

They could have done worse ie an emotionally driven appointment like Kevin Phillips who was mooted.

Look at financial problems at the club. Ken Anderson has his bosees. Embargo in.promotion season

Kevin Philips? You complained at Bowen getting a manager job at Reading now you suggest Sunderland appoint an novice in terms of experience of that league and Sunderland need promotion. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Look at financial problems at the club. Ken Anderson has his bosees. Embargo in.promotion season

Kevin Philips? You complained at Bowen getting a manager job at Reading now you suggest Sunderland appoint an novice in terms of experience of that league and Sunderland need promotion. 

Read it again Chaddy, he said they COULD have done worse using Philips as an example of how.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Any 1-0 up against Ipswich!

Question----why is their pitch better than our's. Looks a picture.

They have consistently spent more on their pitch over the last few years than we have. We've done the bare minimum to maintain our ground, they've improved theirs.