BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

• 3 weeks later...

Well done to the Macclesfield first team players who have made it public that they won't be playing today and the team will essentially be made up of the youth team. Reading between the lines it seems like the club weren't going to go public with this.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36067/11857879/macclesfield-town-to-play-fa-cup-tie-vs-kingstonian-despite-first-team-strike

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

3pm ko FA Cup Stanley v Crewe is still in motion,  15 mins to go.

Injuries to match officials the cause for long delays

Chaos at Stanley. 2 officials injured. Call went out to crowd for qualified officials. One came forward from Crewe, Stanley objected, one came forward from Stanley, Crewe objected. Still playing. Only at Stanley ???

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Chaos at Stanley. 2 officials injured. Call went out to crowd for qualified officials. One came forward from Crewe, Stanley objected, one came forward from Stanley, Crewe objected. Still playing. Only at Stanley ???

Match finished at 18.05 for a 3 pm ko. I wonder if that is some sort of record. It probably is for a match ending with just 2 onfield officials.

A bad result for Stanley too, Out of the Cup and struggling in L1, a set back to their empire building.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Match finished at 18.05 for a 3 pm ko. I wonder if that is some sort of record. It probably is for a match ending with just 2 onfield officials.

A bad result for Stanley too, Out of the Cup and struggling in L1, a set back to their empire building.

The second half was played without an assistant referee covering one half of the field. Unprecedented at that level.

• 2 weeks later...

So with Macclesfield players threatening to boycott the game as they're not in a fit place to play and they haven't been paid the Football League are warning them they could face disciplinary action for threatening the integrity of the game. 

Given the Bolton fiasco though I feel this will be hard for them to enforce. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

So with Macclesfield players threatening to boycott the game as they're not in a fit place to play and they haven't been paid the Football League are warning them they could face disciplinary action for threatening the integrity of the game. 

Given the Bolton fiasco though I feel this will be hard for them to enforce. 

Look at Bury they’ll shaft who they like. The fact a review committee found the bury exploration not to FL rules suggests so.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Look at Bury they’ll shaft who they like. The fact a review committee found the bury exploration not to FL rules suggests so.

Oh I agree they are a law unto themselves, however once a precedent has been set, clubs can fight back a bit. For example now the Bolton situation has a decision, it makes it very comparable with other situations. Like Sheff Weds are challenging because the Derby dodgy ground dealings got through, once a precedent has been made, it makes it harder for the FL to defend their position. 

I'd say it also shows their incompetence and poor moral character but both of these things were well established.  

• Like 1

On 07/12/2019 at 08:24, JHRover said:

Why should Macclesfield receive anything but the same as Bolton e.g. 5 points suspended for 6 months?

This is happening with increasing frequency. Predicted by the fans years ago, now coming to a crunch. The football authorities have to bite the bullet or see the whole structure crumble.

Its obvious, that while clubs individually make mistakes, the pie is not fairly sliced. Surely worse to come?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Lambert beginning to lose the Ipswich fans after they were beaten 2-1 by Bristol Rovers at home today. 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471232/lambert/

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471219/he-has-to-go/#25

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471229/that-was-a-typical-mccarthy-type-f**k-you-selection./#5

Should be noted they're currently 2nd, a point ahead of 3rd place with a game in hand. At around the same time during our L1 season we were 3rd (although we had 40 points compared to Ipswich's current total of 36, and IMO the division was tougher then than it is now).  

Just now, DE. said:

Lambert beginning to lose the Ipswich fans after they were beaten 2-1 by Bristol Rovers at home today. 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471232/lambert/

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471219/he-has-to-go/#25

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471229/that-was-a-typical-mccarthy-type-f**k-you-selection./#5

Should be noted they're currently 2nd, a point ahead of 3rd place with a game in hand. At around the same time during our L1 season we were 3rd (although we had 40 points compared to Ipswich's current total of 36, and IMO the division was tougher then than it is now).  

Sunderland 12th - shocking

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

Sunderland 12th - shocking

It's so important for recently relegated Championship clubs to get out of L1 ASAP, ideally at the first attempt, because it gets much harder the longer you're there. It ended up taking Sheff Utd six seasons, if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Look at Wycombe. They could do a Luton if they're not careful!

League One was so poor it was hard to believe what we'd fallen into. All it takes is motivation and belief to catapult yourself up to the next level. We did well to get out of there at the first attempt, because a club like us can get engulfed in clubs with nothing to lose looking for a scalp.

As for Lambert, I'm still amazed at the absolute joy I felt when he (and Irvine) were appointed at the club. At that point, he still had credibility, because his last job at that time (Villa) was seen as a basket-case type of job. It soon became clear that off-the-field stuff mattered more to him than on-the-field stuff. I think he's scarred.

Yet,look at sunderland. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

They have been subjected to strange ownership. No shortage of funding in a sense, but look where it's got them. Sounds familiar! Except they would look at us and consider us a very-sensibly run club now.

Ya,but people still make out that it's easy to get out of league 1 and dont give credit for us doing it. You need to battle and turn up every week. I'd say the sunderland fans are at their wits end