BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Lambert beginning to lose the Ipswich fans after they were beaten 2-1 by Bristol Rovers at home today. 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471232/lambert/

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471219/he-has-to-go/#25

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471229/that-was-a-typical-mccarthy-type-f**k-you-selection./#5

Should be noted they're currently 2nd, a point ahead of 3rd place with a game in hand. At around the same time during our L1 season we were 3rd (although we had 40 points compared to Ipswich's current total of 36, and IMO the division was tougher then than it is now).  

tbh, I really don't get what Ipswich fans are complaining about. 2nd in the league. As long as they get promote that's all that matters at League 1 level. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Sunderland 12th - shocking

In a right mess yet again. 

Probably need to sack Parkinson and I would bring back Chris Coleman

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

tbh, I really don't get what Ipswich fans are complaining about. 2nd in the league. As long as they get promote that's all that matters at League 1 level. 

In a right mess yet again. 

Probably need to sack Parkinson and I would bring back Chris Coleman

Chaddy - before you did understand Ipswich fans when they want MM sacked. They were comfortable Championship team then. Punching well above their weight. They caled for the sacking of MM due to style of football and are now in L1. Now, you say you do not understand Ipswich fans, as they are winning in L1 and winning is all that matters at L1 level more than style. Why does style mean more in the championship?

Just now, JacknOry said:

Chaddy - before you did understand Ipswich fans when they want MM sacked. They were comfortable Championship team then. Punching well above their weight. They caled for the sacking of MM due to style of football and are now in L1. Now, you say you do not understand Ipswich fans, as they are winning in L1 and winning is all that matters at L1 level more than style. Why does style mean more in the championship?

You want to get out of the league 1 at the 1st time otherwise you can be there for a few seasons Like Sheff United was

I'm not going over McCarthy again. Move on

You want to get out of the league 1 at the 1st time otherwise you can be there for a few seasons Like Sheff United was

I'm not going over McCarthy again. Move on

Of course move on lol - you agreed that it was right for Ipswich to dump MM. Wrong decision.

if they keep MM - they will not be in L1

Quite simple really.

Edited by JacknOry

• Backroom

Problem for Ipswich is that they started the season well but now only have 3 wins in 14, which is obviously very worrying. I think I read it's only 1 win in the last 10 matches. Lambert needs to sort out their form sharpish or they'll be looking at the playoff lottery at best. 

5 hours ago, DE. said:

Problem for Ipswich is that they started the season well but now only have 3 wins in 14, which is obviously very worrying. I think I read it's only 1 win in the last 10 matches. Lambert needs to sort out their form sharpish or they'll be looking at the playoff lottery at best. 

One win in ten and they are second? Jesus. 

Just checked and its W4 D3 L3 in their last ten league games. What are you on about? Are you allowing your dislike to affect your accuracy?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/form-guide/ten

?

Edited by old darwen blue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

One win in ten and they are second? Jesus. 

Just checked and its W4 D3 L3 in their last ten league games. What are you on about? Are you allowing your dislike to affect your accuracy?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/form-guide/ten

?

Yeah, I meant 1 win in their last 5 ... no idea why I put 10. 

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Cracking win for Accy yesterday.

Morecambe will be extremely fortunate not to finish 92nd though. Probably to be replaced by Barrow.

I used to watch Barrow whenever I could when they came to Rochdale back in the day. I particularly remember an FA  Cup tie. I'd gone up because Fred Else was playing in goal for Barrow and I wanted to see him in action again. Fred had a blinder in goal that afternoon and was partly responsible for their 3-1 win. Another player they had that caught my eye was a young gingerish midfielder called George Smith. He was tireless, all over the park, and he could put a foot in if it required it. A bit like a quicker Robbie Savage. I was really impressed. Anyway I wrote to Rovers Courtesy of the Chief Scout telling him about Smith. I got a reply saying they knew about him but he was contracted to the Barrow Club ? Yeah, I knew that.

Not long after that game Portsmouth, who were rivaling us for promotion at the time,  came in for him with a large fee and off he went down South. He became a cult hero down there, I remember seeing him playing for Pompey at Ewood on several occasions and he was always a thorn in our flesh.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to watch Barrow whenever I could when they came to Rochdale back in the day. I particularly remember an FA  Cup tie. I'd gone up because Fred Else was playing in goal for Barrow and I wanted to see him in action again. Fred had a blinder in goal that afternoon and was partly responsible for their 3-1 win. Another player they had that caught my eye was a young gingerish midfielder called George Smith. He was tireless, all over the park, and he could put a foot in if it required it. A bit like a quicker Robbie Savage. I was really impressed. Anyway I wrote to Rovers Courtesy of the Chief Scout telling him about Smith. I got a reply saying they knew about him but he was contracted to the Barrow Club ? Yeah, I knew that.

Not long after that game Portsmouth, who were rivaling us for promotion at the time,  came in for him with a large fee and off he went down South. He became a cult hero down there, I remember seeing him playing for Pompey at Ewood on several occasions and he was always a thorn in our flesh.

Good story that. 

• Backroom

Another loss for Ipswich today, they're now down to 3rd albeit still with a game in hand. Apparently there was a "Lambert Out" banner in the Ipswich away end today. 

Edited by DE.

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

Another loss for Ipswich today, they're now down to 3rd albeit still with a game in hand. Apparently there was a "Lambert Out" banner in the Ipswich away end today. 

They need to get reality check there. 

Maybe their fans thought it would be easy to get promote from League 1. Speaking to my Ipswich mate, He says some fans are expecting too much. He thinks Lambert has mess around unnecessary with formation at times instead of keeping it simple. Says they need 2 or 3 new signings in January 

Wycombe and Ipswich both lost today

They need to get reality check there. 

Maybe their fans thought it would be easy to get promote from League 1. Speaking to my Ipswich mate, He says some fans are expecting too much. He thinks Lambert has mess around unnecessary with formation at times instead of keeping it simple. Says they need 2 or 3 new signings in January 

Wycombe and Ipswich both lost today

But they didnt need a reality check when they wanted McCarthy out for "only" having them in mid table in the Championship?! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Solid result for Bolton tonight, 5-1 loss to Lincoln, fans calling for Hills head, can see him leaving soon he was ranting about nobody being on the same page at weekend 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Ipswich back to the top of League 1 despite going two months without a win between 9th November and 11th January. Rotherham also up to second now. Ainsworth's Wycombe have fallen to third after three defeats in their last five. Bolton 18 points off safety with 22 games left to play. 

A lot of hubris on the Bolton forum that they will ‘piss League 2’.

Sounds like they still don’t have a pot to piss in and other club’s that on the surface, at least, are too big for that league -say Plymouth and Bradford seem to spend a lot of time there.

15 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ipswich back to the top of League 1 despite going two months without a win between 9th November and 11th January. Rotherham also up to second now. Ainsworth's Wycombe have fallen to third after three defeats in their last five. Bolton 18 points off safety with 22 games left to play. 

They need snookers now.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Bet Ipswich fans don't want Lambert sack now do they like only a couple/few weeks ago. I noticed that Lambert got a new contract at that time from the club owner. 

Rotherham have put a good run together until yesterday. 

Sunderland are now in playoffs after a poor start under Parkinson. 

Its wide open who gets top 2 and playoffs now

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

A lot of hubris on the Bolton forum that they will ‘piss League 2’.

Sounds like they still don’t have a pot to piss in and other club’s that on the surface, at least, are too big for that league -say Plymouth and Bradford seem to spend a lot of time there.

Think Bolton Fans need to careful what they expect. Probably will have to sign most of new squad next summer for the season/. Plus is Hill staying as manager? 

Bradford problems are the amount of different managers they had and they need to put a plan in place. Still in Playoffs.  

Very tight division League One. Sunderland and Ipswich are in decent positions for promotion despite both having horrendous November and December periods. I still reckon Sunderland will get automatic. Coventry very well placed but for me should be refused promotion unless they resolve their stadium issues.

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do people think Grayson has done at Blackpool? 

Not very well. Good start but his true colours are coming through. Bang average manager.  The guy struggles to speak properly so god knows how he gets a dressing room of young lads on board.