BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

15 hours ago, DE. said:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-6500191

Some brutally honest comments from Bialkowski about Paul Hurst's time at Portman Road:

On Lambert and the season post-Paul Hurst:

On Mick McCarthy:

Quite rare to hear a current player speak to openly and candidly about recent events. Hurst sounds like a total buffoon. Lambert comes across as a positive person but without the answers to change a really bad situation. No surprise to hear Mick was loved by the players and it's obvious the players were hurt by the way the fans turned on him. 

Really, really interesting insight. 

McCarthy is renowned for his man management (just don't ask Roy Keane). I just wonder if there are parallels here between McCarthy and Mowbray. The grass isn't always greener. For the record I do think McCarthy is the better manager. His record speaks for itself at this level. He will be available again before too long. If Leeds fail to go up again this year, they could do worse.....

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Really, really interesting insight. 

McCarthy is renowned for his man management (just don't ask Roy Keane). I just wonder if there are parallels here between McCarthy and Mowbray. The grass isn't always greener. For the record I do think McCarthy is the better manager. His record speaks for itself at this level. He will be available again before too long. If Leeds fail to go up again this year, they could do worse.....

I'd love to have McCathy here. Would do a cracking job imo and we could have gone for him before his latest gig. 

Not sure TM is our McCarthy though! £12 million plus of difference from what I can see. 

That said I appreciate the grass isn't always greener even though it's pretty muddy at Ewood currently. Bowyer had lost the plot but within a year we were in a worse position with Coyle and no budget. No one minded Mulgrew going  and we were somehow weaker squad wise when he left. There's always another level Rovers can sink to. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

I'd love to have McCathy here. Would do a cracking job imo and we could have gone for him before his latest gig. 

Not sure TM is our McCarthy though! £12 million plus of difference from what I can see. 

That said I appreciate the grass isn't always greener even though it's pretty muddy at Ewood currently. Bowyer had lost the plot but within a year we were in a worse position with Coyle and no budget. No one minded Mulgrew going  and we were somehow weaker squad wise when he left. There's always another level Rovers can sink to. 

Ya, I would really , really like to see how Big Mick would have spent 12 million. I can say he certainly would not have signed Brereton. Not a McCarthy signing at all. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Indeed, they are now down to 7th after a third defeat on the spin which continues their appalling record against the top 8 in the division. According to the Town forum they only have 21 points from their last 19 games which is obviously not promotion form. 3 wins in 19 as well which is shocking. @chaddyrovers fair to say Ipswich fans should be a little bit concerned by this?

Meanwhile Lambo not the most popular man around these parts right now...

aRAgnNa.jpg

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DE. said:

Indeed, they are now down to 7th after a third defeat on the spin which continues their appalling record against the top 8 in the division. According to the Town forum they only have 21 points from their last 19 games which is obviously not promotion form. 3 wins in 19 as well which is shocking. @chaddyrovers fair to say Ipswich fans should be a little bit concerned by this?

Meanwhile Lambo not the most popular man around these parts right now...

aRAgnNa.jpg

That's for Ipswich owner what happens next. Only just signed a 4 year contract wasnt it? 

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's for Ipswich owner what happens next. Only just signed a 4 year contract wasnt it? 

5 years actually!

You mentioned before that you don't see why Ipswich fans are being negative, but isn't it fair to be negative when they've dropped into 7th and only won 3 out of their last 19 games? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

5 years actually!

You mentioned before that you don't see why Ipswich fans are being negative, but isn't it fair to be negative when they've dropped into 7th and only won 3 out of their last 19 games? 

The form doesn't appear to be good enough for top 6 at the minute. Needs to play Judge more..I.wouldnt be panicking just yet

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

5 years actually!

I wouldnt panic yet, the terrible form has only been across 19 games. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The form doesn't appear to be good enough for top 6 at the minute. Needs to play Judge more..I.wouldnt be panicking just yet

I think you'd surely be concerned though. They didn't sign anyone during this transfer window either. Even we made a few signings in January during our L1 campaign. Downing and Armstrong, the latter of whom had a significant impact on the second half of our campaign. 

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think you'd surely be concerned though. They didn't sign anyone during this transfer window either. Even we made a few signings in January during our L1 campaign. Downing and Armstrong, the latter of whom had a significant impact on the second half of our campaign. 

Didn't know they didn't sign anyone. I haven't them close tbh. Is that down to Owñer why they didn't sign anyone? 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't know they didn't sign anyone. I haven't them close tbh. Is that down to Owñer why they didn't sign anyone? 

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/o-neill-on-ipswich-s-quiet-january-transfer-window-1-6502497

There's quite an extensive interview here from their general manager of football operations which goes into detail, but basically very similar excuses to the ones we got from Mowbray and Waggott this time around. Domino effect, valuations not being right, etc. 

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/o-neill-on-ipswich-s-quiet-january-transfer-window-1-6502497

There's quite an extensive interview here from their general manager of football operations which goes into detail, but basically very similar excuses to the ones we got from Mowbray and Waggott this time around. Domino effect, valuations not being right, etc. 

Ipswich signed Josh Earl according to that article. 

• Backroom

I'd go as far as to say Lambert is doing a genuinely bad job there to be honest. I appreciate he inherited a bad situation from Paul Hurst but most managers with anything about them at least improve a team slightly if not by much. Mowbray inherited a pretty shitty situation from Coyle but still improved us almost instantly and we were ultimately unlucky to go down. I believe Lambert did no better than Hurst when he took over for the remainder of last season. For Ipswich to be where they are and in the form they're in right now is appalling - League 1 is very poor so there can't be any excuses really.

• Like 2

• Backroom

I see Trevor Kettle was trending on twitter tonight after another abysmal refereeing display 

I remember being warned about him possibly by @arbitro , he was beyond awful when we had him in league one 

He’s done poorly in his last few jobs now has Grayson. He had a reputation as a promotion expert from League One but don’t think any teams looking to get out of that league will be turning to him anytime soon.

Wonder what’ll happen to Dunny - he only went there a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, frosty said:

He’s done poorly in his last few jobs now has Grayson. He had a reputation as a promotion expert from League One but don’t think any teams looking to get out of that league will be turning to him anytime soon.

Wonder what’ll happen to Dunny - he only went there a few weeks ago.

Anyone who watched the Sunderland doc on Netflix would have huge reservations.

One scene he is giving a presentation to the players with a flip chart in a poorly fitted suit. Didn't look great now. 

• Like 1