BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

16 hours ago, DE. said:

Ipswich lose again, at home to Fleetwood this time. 4 wins out of 24, still not beaten a single team in the top 8 I believe. I don't think they're even going to get into the playoffs - 6 points behind 6th now with at least one and sometimes two games more played than all the teams above them. Wonder if Lambo will walk? The five year contract might not count for much if he can be sacked with reduced payout based on league performance (I assume that means he'd need to get into the playoffs at the very least to be safe). 

Loved this quote...

Speaking after the defeat to Fleetwood, Lambert said: "I never quit. I'm a fighter, everybody knows, and we continue to fight and try and get through"

• Like 1

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Loved this quote...

Speaking after the defeat to Fleetwood, Lambert said: "I never quit. I'm a fighter, everybody knows, and we continue to fight and try and get through"

Hah, yeah... he doesn't quit because his career is essentially over if he does. Funny to think that just a few years ago he was walking away from the Rovers job. He'd be lucky to get a sniff of anything similar now.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 06:56, chaddyrovers said:

Highly rated coach according to reports and has a background in coaching. Started at Crewe and then Liverpool. 

Well we don't know if they approaches made for Wellens or Robinson or Eustace were cos they first choice or before Critchley in the list, Or simple wanted to interview them before selecting their 1st choice. 

Coaching and managing are 2 different skills.

Going from Liverpool youth to Blackpool is like moving dimensions.

His drills during training may be the world's best but he now has to motivate players who operate on completely different ideals.

Good luck to him, but I think that he'll find it hard. Youth coaching is sheltered. Being a manager puts him in the firing line.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DE. said:

Ipswich lose again, at home to Fleetwood this time. 4 wins out of 24, still not beaten a single team in the top 8 I believe. I don't think they're even going to get into the playoffs - 6 points behind 6th now with at least one and sometimes two games more played than all the teams above them. Wonder if Lambo will walk? The five year contract might not count for much if he can be sacked with reduced payout based on league performance (I assume that means he'd need to get into the playoffs at the very least to be safe). 

It's a real odd one with Ipswich. First few months of the season they were in brilliant form. I went to their game at Accy Stanley and I think at that time they were clear at the top and unbeaten. 

They were terrible that day, lost, and since then have been woeful. If they hadn't had such a brilliant start they would be bottom half now.

There was that odd thing around December when Lambert started having a wobbler talking about leaving and then a week later had been given a new 5 year contract. Since then they've fallen away. I wonder if the players have seen through it and aren't responding to him. Or whether Lambert has just given up now he's got a bumper deal and is waiting for the sack so he can go off on a break.

I watch his interviews and they are very repetitive and uninspiring. Like he simply doesn't care and is just waiting for the inevitable sack.

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's a real odd one with Ipswich. First few months of the season they were in brilliant form. I went to their game at Accy Stanley and I think at that time they were clear at the top and unbeaten. 

They were terrible that day, lost, and since then have been woeful. If they hadn't had such a brilliant start they would be bottom half now.

There was that odd thing around December when Lambert started having a wobbler talking about leaving and then a week later had been given a new 5 year contract. Since then they've fallen away. I wonder if the players have seen through it and aren't responding to him. Or whether Lambert has just given up now he's got a bumper deal and is waiting for the sack so he can go off on a break.

I watch his interviews and they are very repetitive and uninspiring. Like he simply doesn't care and is just waiting for the inevitable sack.

5 year contract, god almighty,that club has gone fully rogue. Illogical decision 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

James Nursey, usually in the loop, reckons Warnock could be in at Ipswich soon.

Probably too much for even him to do now with a 6+ point gap and only 11 to play but he's their best chance. Wonder if he could be persuaded to have a crack next season

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

James Nursey, usually in the loop, reckons Warnock could be in at Ipswich soon.

Probably too much for even him to do now with a 6+ point gap and only 11 to play but he's their best chance. Wonder if he could be persuaded to have a crack next season

He would be the man alright. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he got them up. 

Lambert done and dusted. Would they have to pay off his contract? Madness 

He will end up at a lesser Scottish club I imagine. That's where he is at now. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom

The local paper linked Warnock last week so there's definitely something to it. Too late for this season I feel, but if he's offered enough he might take a crack at it next season. Marcus Evans isn't exactly known for splashing the cash though, so I'd be surprised if it does happen. 

Usually teams who get relegated struggle initially to adapt to a new league but then get into their stride after a few months - basically exactly what we did. Ipswich have done the opposite which is very strange.

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure it's too late. If he comes in and psyches a dressing room up,they could go on a serious run. Although they certainly don't have as good a squad as we had. Bring back Big Mick eh. 

I don't think the current players have the mental strength to do it tbh. Luke Chambers was apparently in tears after getting some stick after the game from the fans that were left at Portman Road last night, and that's their veteran captain! A lot of kids playing due to injuries/general lack of fitness amongst the senior pros as well. 

It's funny but the vast majority of Ipswich fans still can't accept that binning Mick was the wrong decision. Still hear the classic "his time was up". Except Mick wanted to stay, the owner wanted him to stay and the players wanted him to stay. Time was up though, apparently! 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, DE. said:

I don't think the current players have the mental strength to do it tbh. Luke Chambers was apparently in tears after getting some stick after the game from the fans that were left at Portman Road last night, and that's their veteran captain! A lot of kids playing due to injuries/general lack of fitness amongst the senior pros as well. 

It's funny but the vast majority of Ipswich fans still can't accept that binning Mick was the wrong decision. Still hear the classic "his time was up". Except Mick wanted to stay, the owner wanted him to stay and the players wanted him to stay. Time was up though, apparently! 

Ya, they would be in the championship if he stayed and probably close enough to us if they gave anything resembling a decent budget to spend. 

When he finishes with Ireland he will go somewhere and do well, more than likely at championship level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Always makes me laugh when folk call TM “dour”, ‘kin ell, try listening to that fella!

As well as Lambert the other dour ones are Mourinho (of course )and Slaven Bilić.

• Backroom

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-manager-paul-lambert-on-neil-warnock-rumours-1-6548626

I don't know if it's just because it's in text form but Lambert doesn't half come across as arrogant here. Fair play to the reporter for asking some very direct questions though, would like to see a bit more of that from the LT.

Just now, DE. said:

Ipswich lose again, at home to Coventry this time. 4 wins in 25, 7 losses out of 9... the writing is surely on the wall for Lambert. 

I feel sorry for Lambert who I think has "gone" as a manager. As noted before on this thread the decision to give him that new contract looks like madness - unless there is some kind of break clause.

• Backroom
Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I feel sorry for Lambert who I think has "gone" as a manager. As noted before on this thread the decision to give him that new contract looks like madness - unless there is some kind of break clause.

I believe there is a break clause which is activated when Ipswich can mathematically no longer get in the playoffs. 

• Backroom
Just now, Yoogo said:

No chance! He's got a contract until the summer of 2025. Let me repeat that in another way... 5+ years left on his contract! Can Ipswich really afford to bin him off and sign somebody else up?

See my response to MP!

Fleetwood and Blackpool played out a nil nil draw. 

26 minutes ago, DE. said:

I believe there is a break clause which is activated when Ipswich can mathematically no longer get in the playoffs. 

It has been mention about this clause in the media. Results aren't good enough. Looking at the Ipswich team today, Norwood, Keane and Jackson not playing. Sears up front and kid on bench against Top of the league was never going to be enough to win games. 

I would imagine Ipswich and their owner will wait until they cant get top 6 before getting rid if there is a release clause. Where Ipswich go next will be interesting? big rebuilding job there