BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

I wasn't aware of that! However, let's see how true the board's words are when Ipswich fail to reach the play-offs.

“Football management is a precarious business and I have stated many times the importance of having a long term vision which is executed by a management team who are confident that they will be given time to continually improve the performance and quality of the squad,”

I'm convinced that will end up in the bullshit bin!

No doubt, although I believe Ipswich were still 4th when Lambert signed his new deal. I can't imagine he or Evans thought their season would collapse to this extent when the contract was signed. They've gone from challenging for automatic promotion (and being top only a few weeks ago) to being rank outsiders to even get 6th. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It has been mention about this clause in the media. Results aren't good enough. Looking at the Ipswich team today, Norwood, Keane and Jackson not playing. Sears up front and kid on bench against Top of the league was never going to be enough to win games. 

I would imagine Ipswich and their owner will wait until they cant get top 6 before getting rid if there is a release clause. Where Ipswich go next will be interesting? big rebuilding job there

Lambert has been using injuries as an excuse but the fact is their form has been dire since before Christmas. I imagine Evans will wait until the clause kicks in before removing Lambert, but as for where they go next I have no idea. I get the feeling they may be stuck in League 1 for some time. 

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Lambert has been using injuries as an excuse but the fact is their form has been dire since before Christmas. I imagine Evans will wait until the clause kicks in before removing Lambert, but as for where they go next I have no idea. I get the feeling they may be stuck in League 1 for some time. 

I can understand using the lack of strikers available today as sort of excuse but you cant use it for their form. 

Ipswich have to plan the way forward for them as a club. Who would the fans want that you speak to?

What status is their academy and any good players coming through?

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can understand using the lack of strikers available today as sort of excuse but you cant use it for their form. 

Ipswich have to plan the way forward for them as a club. Who would the fans want that you speak to?

What status is their academy and any good players coming through?

They've always had a good academy bringing through some top youngsters, similar to us. This year they've got some really good players like Woolfenden and Flynn Downes who will almost certainly be moving on to bigger and better things at the end of the season. Their problem is not having enough good senior players to balance out their younger talent. The likes of Chambers, Skuse, Judge, etc just haven't been up to it this season. We had the likes of Mulgrew, Graham, Smallwood, Evans, etc who are on a different level entirely.

Ipswich fans don't seem to want Warnock, but it's tough to get any other names out of them. They tried the young, up and coming candidate with Hurst and it bombed spectacularly. They tried the experienced route with Lambert and it's going just as bad if not worse. I don't think they really know who to bring in at this point - they mainly just want Marcus Evans to leave, but there's very little interest in the club so Evans doesn't seem keen to sell unless he can find somebody silly enough to help him recoup his substantial losses.

It's a real mess to be honest. I have to admit I'm shocked that they are doing this badly, I thought they'd have enough to at the very least get into the top six. Lambert appears to be a busted flush and as aforementioned the senior pros haven't stepped up in the way they needed to. The rebuidling job there is massive and will take a lot more than just one season imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

They've always had a good academy bringing through some top youngsters, similar to us. This year they've got some really good players like Woolfenden and Flynn Downes who will almost certainly be moving on to bigger and better things at the end of the season. Their problem is not having enough good senior players to balance out their younger talent. The likes of Chambers, Skuse, Judge, etc just haven't been up to it this season. We had the likes of Mulgrew, Graham, Smallwood, Evans, etc who are on a different level entirely.

Ipswich fans don't seem to want Warnock, but it's tough to get any other names out of them. They tried the young, up and coming candidate with Hurst and it bombed spectacularly. They tried the experienced route with Lambert and it's going just as bad if not worse. I don't think they really know who to bring in at this point - they mainly just want Marcus Evans to leave, but there's very little interest in the club so Evans doesn't seem keen to sell unless he can find somebody silly enough to help him recoup his substantial losses.

It's a real mess to be honest. I have to admit I'm shocked that they are doing this badly, I thought they'd have enough to at the very least get into the top six. Lambert appears to be a busted flush and as aforementioned the senior pros haven't stepped up in the way they needed to. The rebuidling job there is massive and will take a lot more than just one season imo. 

Who is going buy Ipswich? fans need to be realistic

who next? I don't know tbh. maybe follow the Blackpool route or try for Nathan Jones 

it looks a huge mess at the minute. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Evans keep Lambert next season. the link you posted yesterday sounded like a guy going nowhere 

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who is going buy Ipswich? fans need to be realistic

who next? I don't know tbh. maybe follow the Blackpool route or try for Nathan Jones 

it looks a huge mess at the minute. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Evans keep Lambert next season. the link you posted yesterday sounded like a guy going nowhere 

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all if Lambert is still there next season. At the moment he's throwing out his usual "the lads need help" line which is Lambert code for "the owner isn't giving me enough money". He's taken veiled shots at Evans before though and Evans either hasn't noticed or just doesn't care. 

I don't see the Warnock links coming to fruition in all honesty. He's exactly the type of manager they need to sort the club out though. 

Barrow imploding with a dangerous 9 games left to go.

Got lucky with a Harrogate o.g. straight out of looney tunes avoiding the gap dropping to 2 points.

Still have 4 points and a probably unassailable 12 goals difference as a cushion at the top of the National League but two defeats in rapid succession are making it squeaky bum rather than a procession to promotion.

1st April visit to 2nd place Harrogate Town looks tasty and several fixtures against play-off contenders to come...

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

My Scouse neighbour has been doing some work at Evans Cornwall residence. He asked him (about 3 weeks back) how's the football going?

His reply was "As expected"

I was talking with a former Ipswich player a couple of weeks ago and his impression was that Evans is happy to reposition Ipswich as a League 1 club due to how expensive the Championship has become to compete in. Last season they stocked up on League 1 players, and their business this season doesn't suggest they were gunning for an immediate return to the Championship. I imagine their operating model now will be academy players, free transfers and cheap loans. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Find him annoying at times but an absolutely class move that, minutes later Rovers tweeted out about buying tickets, doubt a similar courtesy will be extended to us 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’m sure a lot of clubs will want to ‘do a Brentford’ but it’s easier said then done. Brentford have been building their method for years.

Especially difficult at a club like Bolton that have been stripped bare in recent years.

• Like 3

Nice football, constant improvement despite regularly losing best players, healthy finances.

Let's face it, everyone wants to do that.

Easier said than done.

No owner is going to say "we're taking a short term approach and will appoint an old school manager and use whatever style of football gets results. It might be dull but all we want is promotion".

Productive academies, profits, young coaches and nice football are all the rage these days.

Not many with a better record in League Two on a tight budget than Keith Hill. Two promotions with Rochdale against the odds. Bolton would have been well placed at that level with him.

Not a Championship manager though, despite the bizarre clamour for him to come here.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps now Barton will finally be put on trial. Outrageous that the 'incident' took place well over a year ago and nothing has happened about it.

If I misbehave at a match I get a banning order in a matter of days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wycombe currently beating Fleetwood 4-1. Fleetwood had a player sent off and Wycombe missed a penalty aswell. 

One of the best games I've seen since the restart 

Ainsworth playing to his players strengths and no square pegs in round holes.  Blackburn lad could be in the championship soon.

Our next manager?

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ainsworth playing to his players strengths and no square pegs in round holes.  Blackburn lad could be in the championship soon.

Our next manager?

He done an excellent job at Wycombe. 

Thought he would have good choice after Lambert left. 

Wouldn't be my 1st choice but should be on any shortlist

• Backroom

I’ve said for a good while I think he’ll be our manager at some point, think he’ll be our next one just not sure when that will be 

From people close to him he’s been approached in the past about it but Wycombe had a decent compo payment due if we took him and he wouldn’t walk away and make them miss out on that. 

Been settled a long time down south too, you can tell that with his softening Blackburn vowels! (Though I think he was a QEGS lad, so that might explain it ^_^)

Hang on, just found this...

‘It has been a really difficult decision to finish playing football. It was all I ever wanted to do since I was at St Augustine’s School in Billington, and playing on Pleckgate playing fields.’

Pleckgate? My owd stomping ground, no excuse then!

Edited by Mattyblue

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve said for a good while I think he’ll be our manager at some point, think he’ll be our next one just not sure when that will be 

From people close to him he’s been approached in the past about it but Wycombe had a decent compo payment due if we took him and he wouldn’t walk away and make them miss out on that. 

I saw him minutes after we got relegated at Brentford as we were getting into the car for a miserable journey home. I have refereed him several times and know him reasonably well as we always used to chat about Rovers. I asked him outright about becoming our manager and he told me he expressed an interest when Coyle got the job but never got the courtesy of a reply. I find that symptomatic of the last decade.

On the day he was with his son and daughter who were both decked out in Rovers kits.

• Like 9