Sign in to follow this  
S8 & Blue

Other Football League 2018/19

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

He definitely did try (or actually did) to kick the Sunderland lad. I saw it in real time and couldn't believe it. The Pompey lump thrn wanted to fight several Sunderland players who came over to the scene. I read today though that the Sunderland player doesn't want to press charges.

Pompey in the fa cup tried bashing a few outside Wembley I noticed. Drugs and football don’t mix well. 

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

He definitely did try (or actually did) to kick the Sunderland lad. I saw it in real time and couldn't believe it. The Pompey lump thrn wanted to fight several Sunderland players who came over to the scene. I read today though that the Sunderland player doesn't want to press charges.

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The bloke in the blue Stone Island with a hedgehog on his head looks like he's having a stroke. 

7B62595F-B0B4-4231-9A06-CD179C49B6B8.jpeg

Interesting that as the game went to penalties two police officers intervened and appeared to inform the referee which end the penalties would be taken at, which so happened to be at Charlton's home end and not the 50/50 split stand. I wouldn't be happy in the slightest if i were involved with Doncaster.

There didn’t seem to be any noise from the Doncaster fans so there can’t be too many of them, no idea how it becomes a safety concern it’s bonkers 

Just now, JHRover said:

Interesting that as the game went to penalties two police officers intervened and appeared to inform the referee which end the penalties would be taken at, which so happened to be at Charlton's home end and not the 50/50 split stand. I wouldn't be happy in the slightest if i were involved with Doncaster.

I thought I caught Donny’s keeper saying to the ref “that’s bullshit”. They’ve now just lost very narrowly as a result and there has been a mass pitch invasion. Charlton very lucky to go through but not so much lucky as handed an advantage.

Should football matches now be decided based on which fans might kick off?

Shambles.

Edited by Stuart

Dowling did his stuff as needed.

Hugely impressed by the Doncaster manager. His team are fit disciplined brilliantly organised and tactics spot on.

He deserves a chance to work with better players.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Apparently at the League play off Semi at Perth Glory last weekend the decision at which end to take penalties was chosen by a  FFA official (not the referee) and not by a toss of the coin , it was chosen because of which end looked better for the TV viewer 

Edited by perthblue02

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Truly the ugly face of football. Gurning prick.

A mate lived down that way for a bit after leaving the Navy. He reckons Pompey fans are 'Southern Dingles'. I can see his point. 

That ginger muppet though. Type of guy thats happy to give it large in a crowd but would be quiet as a mouse and would run a mile if he was alone. 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

The process when I was active was that the referee should ask the Match Commander and Safely Officer if there were any safety issues which would effect a potential penalty shoot out. This briefing takes place 75 minutes before the game. If they have a preference then the referee should inform the managers and captains at the exchange of team sheets an hour before kick off. If there are no issues then it's the toss of a coin and the winning captain chooses. In my experience the choice was usually in front of the home fans. I always suspected that it wasn't a decision made in the interests of safety but to give the home team an advantage. I've never seen such a public show when a delegation troop onto the pitch to tell the referee where penalties should be taken from.

Poor from the referee for not sorting this out privately before the match.