Sign in to follow this  
S8 & Blue

Other Football League 2018/19

The “Where Are They Now” thread is buried in the concourse so thought I’d post it in the forum.

Tommy Spurr, retired at 31 due to injury. Such a shame for the lad.

14AF7C86-75AB-4233-9C61-98C1FF8E35AB.jpeg

Just now, Stuart said:

The “Where Are They Now” thread is buried in the concourse so thought I’d post it in the forum.

Not the greatest but on form he was better than the three left backs on the books at the moment.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not the greatest but on form he was better than the three left backs on the books at the moment.

Used to like Spurr. You could tell he really enjoyed playing here.

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Always liked Spurr and came across as a very good pro. The lad hasn’t seemed to have had any luck with injuries in the last few years, I’ve seen him in Clitheroe a few times over the last year or so and he always seemed to be walking really badly. Hope he isn’t damaged too badly long term!

Edited by cesus

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

It's not "buried", it has just moved into a more permanent and therefore prominent place. I mentioned previously that there were four separate threads called Where Are They Now, and I thought it was better to have that topic merged and moved into somewhere more special in the forum, because a thread such as that one ends up being "buried" (as you put it) in this part of the forum.

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

It's not "buried", it has just moved into a more permanent and therefore prominent place. I mentioned previously that there were four separate threads called Where Are They Now, and I thought it was better to have that topic merged and moved into somewhere more special in the forum, because a thread such as that one ends up being "buried" (as you put it) in this part of the forum.

No offence intended Phil. Just not sure how many people go through the other areas than the main forum to have seen that it was posted there. I used the search facility to even find the Spurr thread.

I’ve stopped using ICBINF due to the real bitterness that it can create so I rarely tread outside the main football forums anymore.

Keep up the good work.

Good luck to the donkey lashers: they've finally rid themselves of the Oystons and Belekon and a well connected Blackpool fan has bought The Seasiders.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Good luck to the donkey lashers: they've finally rid themselves of the Oystons and Belekon and a well connected Blackpool fan has bought The Seasiders.

Looks like Bolton are about to have a new owner as well https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/statement-on-behalf-of-the-joint-administrators-for-bolton-wanderers/

Edited by perthblue02

17 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I'd swap places with them if we could ditch the chicken chokers and be owned by a long time fan with a reasonablel amount of dosh. 

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Henley signs for Gaz at Bradford 

Really thought it would be the end of the lad at the professional  level after being deemed not at the good enough for the second tier of the MLS. I think Bowyer has done him a huge favour.

Henley always just seemed a bit too soft for me, I’m shocked he played the amount of games that he actually did for us.

12 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

I hope things work out well for Bolton and Blackpool. Their fans have suffered for years so to now have new hope must be so encouraging.

Meanwhile, we are stuck in the Venky SSDD Vortex

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, cesus said:

Really thought it would be the end of the lad at the professional  level after being deemed not at the good enough for the second tier of the MLS. I think Bowyer has done him a huge favour.

Henley always just seemed a bit too soft for me, I’m shocked he played the amount of games that he actually did for us.

What is strange is that his best game for us was v Utd in the top league....he seemed more at home in the premier league 

I thought he was ok, and I think he could do a job at that level, good on GB for throwing the lad a lifeline.

Loved his 40yd dribble goal at Hillsborough.

Henley's career has been blighted by hamstring and ankle injuries. If he can stay fit he has a chance to resurrect his career. Seem to recall him doing a job on Raheem Sterling in a cup match under GB. It's only a one year deal though and GB gave him a trial when at Blackpool and didn't take him on!