Sign in to follow this  
S8 & Blue

Other Football League 2018/19

Paul Downing now a Pompey player.

Good luck to him.

I think he was criminally underrated by many (including TM!). He was a great contributor to our promotion campaign and I wouldn’t bet against him being a Championship player again in 12 months time.

Edited by S8 & Blue

5 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Good luck to him.

I think he was criminally underrated by many (including TM!). He was a great contributor to our promotion campaign and I wouldn’t bet against him being a Championship player again in 12 months time.

How do you know he was criminally underrated by Mowbray? 

8 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Good luck to him.

No, he was criminally overrated, Tony did his mates son a favour and it ended up with a great move to Pompey. If his dad wasnt Tony's mate they'd have stuck him on the bench all last season and we would have used him towards the end of the season.  Another waste of time and money on our part.

Did a job in league 1, now he’s moved on back to that level.

Fair enough to me.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

No, he was criminally overrated, Tony did his mates son a favour and it ended up with a great move to Pompey. If his dad wasnt Tony's mate they'd have stuck him on the bench all last season and we would have used him towards the end of the season.  Another waste of time and money on our part.

Way too harsh IMO.

Was fine in league one, not good enough for the Championship, but he's gone now, so not our problem any more. 

Edited by K-Hod

Downing is a solid L1 player and possibly a competent backup CB for a smaller team in this division. Always had a good attitude and performed to the best of his ability, so good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you mean Uncle Keith? Gonna be a bombshell for Paul to find out the truth like this.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

How do you know he was criminally underrated by Mowbray? 

He didn’t rely on him enough last season in my opinion. Had a couple of good starts vs Wednesday and Boro and then never played again. Good header of the ball, and TM (and fans) didn’t realise how useful he was to the squad until we let him go.

Hate sky sports. Down at Wigans training ground which is in Euxton, and they have Wigan in the corner, lazy shytes.  10 miles from Wigan. 

Going down Wigan, even their gaffer seems deflated losing Powell, no signings 

Nick Powell is still only 25 - seems to have been around forever.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Sweet deal. 

Should have gone to Everton.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They choked when they heard the (tof)fee. 

Heard Dave Bassett scouted him.

It takes all sor...

Ok, I’ll stop now.

Why Rangers, he had loads of clubs scouting him from Germany, in the Championship, PL - but decides to go to Rangers.

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Aribo going Rangers on a free

Doesn't strike me as a happy world.

Just now, Reedy You're A Star said:

The kids and grown ups love him, so...

Could all turn sour

There’s plenty of stiff competition but he’s got to be one of the worst players to pull on the famous blue and white. 

Luca Connell gone to Celtic.

Think Bolton are down to about 7 senior pros.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Luca Connell gone to Celtic.

Think Bolton are down to about 7 senior pros.

No pre season games, no season tickets, hardly any players and coaching staff don't know if they'll be there.

Still no news on a punishment for not playing Brentford when the fixture was set or then rearranging it. More points deducted surely.

Just now, JHRover said:

No pre season games, no season tickets, hardly any players and coaching staff don't know if they'll be there.

Still no news on a punishment for not playing Brentford when the fixture was set or then rearranging it. More points deducted surely.

I have it from an impeccable source that Anderson was big buddies with Shaun Harvey and that lots of the goings on at Bolton were covered up. With that and the botched TV deal I got the impression that Harvey jumped before he was pushed.

As I understand it the sale/takeover of Bolton still hasn't gone through.