Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
S8 & Blue

Other Football League 2018/19

Recommended Posts

Like the look of the gangly left back too. Apparently on loan from Fulham, looks awkward but he can play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 47er said:

Honestly the game is way more enjoyable than the stuff we serve up. Worrying times.

Agreed. Far more intensity than anything Mowbray serves up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More proof that goals scored are more important than possession stats domination

It is what you do, not the way that you do it.

Well done to Stanley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 47er said:

Any 1-0 up against Ipswich!

Question----why is their pitch better than our's. Looks a picture.

They have consistently spent more on their pitch over the last few years than we have. We've done the bare minimum to maintain our ground, they've improved theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 47er said:

Any 1-0 up against Ipswich!

Question----why is their pitch better than our's. Looks a picture.

Andy Holt spent £300,000 on the new pitch this summer, levelling it and raising floodlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to the Macclesfield first team players who have made it public that they won't be playing today and the team will essentially be made up of the youth team. Reading between the lines it seems like the club weren't going to go public with this.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36067/11857879/macclesfield-town-to-play-fa-cup-tie-vs-kingstonian-despite-first-team-strike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3pm ko FA Cup Stanley v Crewe is still in motion,  15 mins to go.

Injuries to match officials the cause for long delays

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

3pm ko FA Cup Stanley v Crewe is still in motion,  15 mins to go.

Injuries to match officials the cause for long delays

Chaos at Stanley. 2 officials injured. Call went out to crowd for qualified officials. One came forward from Crewe, Stanley objected, one came forward from Stanley, Crewe objected. Still playing. Only at Stanley 😄😄😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Chaos at Stanley. 2 officials injured. Call went out to crowd for qualified officials. One came forward from Crewe, Stanley objected, one came forward from Stanley, Crewe objected. Still playing. Only at Stanley 😄😄😄

Match finished at 18.05 for a 3 pm ko. I wonder if that is some sort of record. It probably is for a match ending with just 2 onfield officials.

A bad result for Stanley too, Out of the Cup and struggling in L1, a set back to their empire building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Match finished at 18.05 for a 3 pm ko. I wonder if that is some sort of record. It probably is for a match ending with just 2 onfield officials.

A bad result for Stanley too, Out of the Cup and struggling in L1, a set back to their empire building.

The second half was played without an assistant referee covering one half of the field. Unprecedented at that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bolton have avoided further points deduction for failing to fulfill fixtures source BBC football. They really have been treated differently to Bury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed the Stanley Notlob highlights. Soft penalty and ridiculous red card but it was fun watching Stanley capitalise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with Macclesfield players threatening to boycott the game as they're not in a fit place to play and they haven't been paid the Football League are warning them they could face disciplinary action for threatening the integrity of the game. 

Given the Bolton fiasco though I feel this will be hard for them to enforce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue blood said:

So with Macclesfield players threatening to boycott the game as they're not in a fit place to play and they haven't been paid the Football League are warning them they could face disciplinary action for threatening the integrity of the game. 

Given the Bolton fiasco though I feel this will be hard for them to enforce. 

Look at Bury they’ll shaft who they like. The fact a review committee found the bury exploration not to FL rules suggests so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.