BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

7 hours ago, DeeCee said:

On Talksport last night, Darren Lewis, black journalist for the Mirror said that there has been a furore about SC being called "the derogatory term"  coloured, rather than black, how is that derogatory?  Would you call Chris Hughton black?  i would have thought that coloured would encompass anyone who wasn't IC1, or is that just me?

It has negative historical connotations.

At best it's old fashioned and it's not for one person to determine what offends someobody else.

Each to their own of course when choosing what language they deem fit, but I think it's ironic that people get uppity and offended themselves in return when people challenge them.

_80545757_getty_sign.jpg

P.S. Campbell is a dick and will fail.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Accy game against Sunderland called off after 73 minutes yesterday.

Not sure what usual practice is but Andy Holt says tickets not valid for replayed fixture but assume that’s normal as he always comes across as decent as they come.

Once a game starts that's it, no refunds.

Rovers v Wimbledon back in the day was called off minutes before kick off after it only started raining at 2.00pm!!!!!! Then their players didd belly slides all over the pitch. Remember the game was rearranged for a weekend (free fa cup day??) and they were allocated just the first two vertical rows in the Darren end ??

• Backroom

I remember being fuming as a ten year old at that, Dean Holdsworth, Vinnie Jones and Fashanu and co did it in front of the riverside seemingly to wind us up 

Was it the replayed fixture when fashanu threw the ball at a ball boy?

Brilliant result for Accy that in terms of the coffers.

Ordinarily I’d be arguing that tickets should be valid but punters got 75% of a very good football match which “finished” in a score draw. Record number of fans through the door and the replay will probably be the same.

I’d be happy to pay twice if I was an Accy fan at that fixture.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Accy game against Sunderland called off after 73 minutes yesterday.

Not sure what usual practice is but Andy Holt says tickets not valid for replayed fixture but assume that’s normal as he always comes across as decent as they come.

And so it should be . Extra policing ..stewards ..bar staff ..all needs paying for .The only people who ll benefit are Accy season ticket holders ...free game ..so at one stroke their takings "ticket" wise are slashed .

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Ordinarily I’d be arguing that tickets should be valid but punters got 75% of a very good football match which “finished” in a score draw. Record number of fans through the door and the replay will probably be the same.

I remember going to a game at Ewood one day when the weather had been just the same as yesterday. They gave it a go but it was ridiculous, there was more standing water than grass. it lasted  till the 40th minute when the ref said he'd had enough. We were losing 1-0 at the time so we weren't too bothered,  and no we didn't get our money back. 

On 01/12/2018 at 05:39, S8 & Blue said:

It has negative historical connotations.

At best it's old fashioned and it's not for one person to determine what offends someobody else.

Each to their own of course when choosing what language they deem fit, but I think it's ironic that people get uppity and offended themselves in return when people challenge them.

_80545757_getty_sign.jpg

P.S. Campbell is a dick and will fail.

"Coloured" replaced negro I think. You certainly would not use that word anymore. The point about "coloured" is that it divides the world in to two---white and everybody else.

So white gets a classification of its own and everyone else has to be thrown in together. Its hard to avoid the conclusion that "white" stands for superiority on that basis.

Beside blacks don't want to be lumped in with people who are racially different, they are proud of what they are and deserve an identity of their own. The same goes for every other racial group.

That sign says it all, you have to be white to get in.

On 30/11/2018 at 11:46, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd just leave the black/coloured thing out of it and call him that entitled Knobhead 

I don't agree with a lot of what Darren Lewis says on Talk Sport, he always seems to be banging the race drum and trying to create problems where they don't necessarily exist.

Prior to the World Cup he was trying to make a big thing out of the possibility of there being some racist chanting and saying that if there was any the black players should walk off the pitch (regardless of how the referee dealt with it or what the team had decided to do as a whole should it occur) and in general he appeared to be trying to differentiate between the black players and the rest whereas to me they're all "our lads" regardless of skin colour.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't agree with a lot of what Darren Lewis says on Talk Sport, he always seems to be banging the race drum and trying to create problems where they don't necessarily exist.

Prior to the World Cup he was trying to make a big thing out of the possibility of there being some racist chanting and saying that if there was any the black players should walk off the pitch (regardless of how the referee dealt with it or what the team had decided to do as a whole should it occur) and in general he appeared to be trying to differentiate between the black players and the rest whereas to me they're all "our lads" regardless of skin colour.

Agree . I often think that when I hear him speak. 

• Like 1

Blackpool have allocated Sunderland 7,800 tickets for their New Years Day fixture after their initial allocation sold out in hours. Rumours also that if they sell those they will make more available.

Presumably Lancashire Constabulary will be insisting that the game is moved to 12 noon as that number of away fans at a ground is a safety issue? Or does that only happen at Ewood Park?

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:49, RevidgeBlue said:

Arseholes come in all colours.

On 09/12/2018 at 17:21, Stuart said:

at the game they said tickets valid for the reararanged game and can get a refund if you cant make it. someone said if they had played another 3 mins the result have counted.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

It appears that Accrington have the losing ticket in the EFL fixture tombola. Last Saturday they were at Southend and today at Yeovil. It makes a mockery of the notion that clubs prefer long distance games in midweek.

I was going past Oldham's ground yesterday and I noticed a billboard saying they had Exeter had home today !

• 1 month later...