BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes and and he did badly in those games hence why he was A-sold to Sunderland and B- just relegated to league 1. 

San Marino played against Germany too, doesn't mean we should be signing their players. Evans is better than McNair 

If your going to be like that fine, I expected better from you to be honest

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Outgoings:

Out of contract - Ward, Feeney, Caddis, Conway

Sell:   Gladwin, Samuel, Evans or Whittingham (If anyone will take them)

As one of the previous posters has mentioned, we have a good team spirit and you don't want to upset that. Example would selling Samuel unsettle Dack? Conway is past his best and shouldn't really be considered unless its on a fraction of the wage. We have an option on another year for Graham which we need to take. I imagine Armstrong will be available again at least on loan so I think that suits all parties if he comes back. Wouldn't waste the budget on Antonsson, I'd be keen on Chapman but he'd be a gamble now. Payne i'd take also if he was available again as back up. He's got quality and you can't have enough of that.

So IMO we'd need to target:-

1 x Centre Midfielder - preferably a passer to player with Smallwood. just need one quality addition in there

2 x Winger/Wide Player - Bennett would be the only wide player on the books. Hopefully Chapman can be one of these players, if not a similar type of player should be one.

Adam Armstrong

1 x Centre Forward - We need someone to share the strike with Graham, ideally someone who has better hold up play than Samuel or Nuttall

Definitely feel that the wings for me need to be number 1 priority. Once the loans of the players weve played there expire, who arent even wingers, as well as Conways contract expiry, then we have a bug gap there. Graham and Dacks partnership needs to be maintained for as long as possible, although we need a better alternative than Samuel, but we need at least 2 wingers with pace to come in around that, as well as Armstrong.

Think we need another central midfielder too, but wide has to be priority.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be signing Rhodes or Gestede. massive wages and not sure either fit into Mowbray's plans or tactics. 

we need a centre back, centre midfielder, 2 wingers one with pace, number 10 back up(Payne), a striker. Possible back up keeper. 

would keep Conway, Evans, Gladwin and Samuel. try to get rid of Whiitingham if he isn't going to play. 

Conway and Samuel, weve disagreed on, but on what grounds would you keep Ben Gladwin?! Hes a donkey.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

A striker that can hold the ball up is a must in a formation like the one we are playing. He has to be able to bring the three behind him into play as much as possible. Maybe a younger guy with potential that can grow into the role behind Graham and step when Graham ultimately does call it a day or is moved on.

Proper wingers, preferably two of them.

Payne back or Otzhumer in on free as backup/to play alongside Dack. Armstrong back as cover for up top and also behind in the three.

Midfield needs a shake up. Would give Smallwood a go but need somebody alongside him. Bennett could be that guy but we need other options too. Ideally some decent cover too if Evans does go.

Mulgrew and Lenihan is good enough but we need deeper cover. Downing i not sure is up to it at that level and Mulgrew prior to this season has always been a bit injury prone.

Counting on Bell to be LB, Williams as cover. As for RB, not sure Nyambe is ready at that level despite improving this season. Would look to get someone in here.

Raya deserves to keep his place int he sticks for the season.

Not necessarily what id do, but what makes you suggest that Bell will come in as number 1 left back next year? Cant see Williams being dropped.

Also, a lot of suggestions ive seen for players that used to play of us, even players like Gallagher and Mahoney who didnt do very much. I also feel that Chapman may be partially sentimental due to his injuries, Id like to think that Mowbray will cast the net further rather than go for old players.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Definitely feel that the wings for me need to be number 1 priority. Once the loans of the players weve played there expire, who arent even wingers, as well as Conways contract expiry, then we have a bug gap there. Graham and Dacks partnership needs to be maintained for as long as possible, although we need a better alternative than Samuel, but we need at least 2 wingers with pace to come in around that, as well as Armstrong.

Think we need another central midfielder too, but wide has to be priority.

Conway and Samuel, weve disagreed on, but on what grounds would you keep Ben Gladwin?! Hes a donkey.

Not necessarily what id do, but what makes you suggest that Bell will come in as number 1 left back next year? Cant see Williams being dropped.

Also, a lot of suggestions ive seen for players that used to play of us, even players like Gallagher and Mahoney who didnt do very much. I also feel that Chapman may be partially sentimental due to his injuries, Id like to think that Mowbray will cast the net further rather than go for old players.

he is better going forward than Williams and probably just as good when defending. I agree that its not nailed on that WIlliams will be dropped but I am not sure why we bought him otherwise. League 1 LB of the years, reasonable outlay at that level. Feel he will play a lot more next season - was coveted by Championship clubs before we came calling.

• Backroom

Out - Conway, Caddis, Gladalloverwin

Loan end - Antonsson, thanks but no thanks

Sign Chapman if a cheap deal can be done, it’s a risk but the potential reward is greater than the risk.

Try and get Armstrong back for another year at least.

Otzumer in on a free if we can (if not then Payne) along with Abu Ogogo on a free if Shrews don’t go up.

That would be a start for me along with a 19 year deal for Dack 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sign Chapman if a cheap deal can be done, it’s a risk but the potential reward is greater than the risk.

Otzumer in on a free if we can (if not then Payne) along with Abu Ogogo on a free if Shrews don’t go up.

Forgot Ogogo is out of contract - he would be a decent shout.

Just now, DanielMB said:

How about that young striker Joel Asoro? Isn't he supposed to be a pretty big talent?

Well, yeah highly rated but very young. Dont know too much about him - is he really a striker? With 2 goals in 24 appearances this season, I would hope not.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I would give Gladwin a chance. 

I would sign Payne and Armstrong next season..

Then a tall centre back. Possible Henegan from Sheff Utd

Centre mid- Nolan from Shrewsbury. Travis would be the 1st team squad next season

Wingers- Taylor, Chapman(possibly) and Morris..

Big target man. Dont know who tho. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Centre mid- Nolan from Shrewsbury. Travis would be the 1st team squad next season

Out of all the posters I feel you are the polar opposite to me

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What is your Gladwin hope based on? He was lazy and generally awful when he played early in the season, and has since had serious injuries. He also came with ridicule from QPR fans so theres nothing to suggest he could do anything in the Championship.

Henegan would be a strange one, not played a game all season.

Morris isnt the type of winger to put you on the front foot, and Chapman is too injury prone.

Nolan would be a good signing if he was obtainable.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I know you were joking (20 year deal, surely? ?) but giving Dack a new deal would be a good move. Not sure what sort of wage he is on but I’m guessing it’s not the going rate for a championship player (even for paupers like us)

He’s had a cracking season and it would be a move to ward off any potential suitors.

Edited by davulsukur

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy why do you keep suggesting Henegan from Sheff United.We were interested last summer but he moved to Sheffield United and has hardly played.They obviously don't think he is ready for the Championship so why should we be interested in him.

On Gladwin what have you seen from him that makes you willing to give him a chance?

Keep Conway....Keep Gladwin plus you want us to sign players this summer are you wanting us to have a 35 man squad next season.

We shouldn't be keeping the likes of Gladwin. Conway has been a great servant but his time is sadly up he should be let go to make room for new additions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tell me why Smallwood has merited his place the last 4 months? He has been a major weak link. To me he is a backup all day long. Even a struggling Rotherham felt that 

Because he is real leader on the pitch, and it takes ignorance to miss that. 

Gritty challenges, that saw his only brief dip in form (on the yellow ban), works his absolute nuts off and isn’t too bad with the ball, offers a lot more than Evans in that area for me.

Is it possible that a player can improve from 12 months ago, or work better in a different tactic, setup or with different team mates?

The video of the entire team and staff singing King of Ewood in the dressing room at full time tells you everything you need to know about the contributions made by Richie!

• Like 5

My thoughts

- Armstrong  Push the boat out on Armstrong. Gives a dimension we don't have

- Chapman would be nice

- Antonssen, thanks for the effort but would not enhance us in Championship

- Payne, unsure, talented, but fear he is to weak defensively and don't bring enough goals.

- Graham, should have a season left in him, would be hard to replace leading the line and know how.

- Smallwood, cannot understand why someone would get rid. Very important squad player in the Championship at least.

- Evans, not sure. Has raised his game the last couple of months and can do a job in the Championship.

Out

- Have a lot of time for Conway, but I feel some younger legs will benefit us more.

- Gladwin, Caddis, Ward, Feeney obviously

IN

- We need wingers as somebody mentioned. Hopefully someone with both flair and work-rate

- Jon Nolan an obvious target for centre midfield. 

- Fosu of Charlton looks decent. Lyle Taylor another one who could be worth a punt. Taylor has both pace, power and decent feet.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Biz said:

Because he is real leader on the pitch, and it takes ignorance to miss that. 

Gritty challenges, that saw his only brief dip in form (on the yellow ban), works his absolute nuts off and isn’t too bad with the ball, offers a lot more than Evans in that area for me.

Is it possible that a player can improve from 12 months ago, or work better in a different tactic, setup or with different team mates?

The video of the entire team and staff singing King of Ewood in the dressing room at full time tells you everything you need to know about the contributions made by Richie!

He looks too nice to be gritty, not a patch on aggression of lenihan. 

Wasnt a brief dip in form it’s been an entire second half of the season, hasn’t recovered from that yellow card nonsense. 

As I said however I would keep him as a backup for Injuries, get rid of Evans. 

The lads obviously get on and he has a catchy song, not a shock that they sang it in the changing room. Doesn’t mean he is guaranteed a first team start next year. 

Watched too many times late on in games Smallwood is blowing and the opposition gets on top of us, often running past him ala pboro or not getting out to dangerous areas aka Bristol rovers late goal