BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

18 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mahoney would have played as he is a winger and we ended up playing strikers on the wing for most games. Terrible decision to leave 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thanks. What would we do without you 

So four posts later, as I said, I hope we sign some natural wingers. 

You're welcome.

And to take it back to the actual discussion, your assertion that 'Mahoney would have played' is not borne out by the fact he played strikers on the wing. He chose to play strikers on the wing, even when he had wingers to choose from (Chapman, Conway. Mahoney last season). Your assertion was not correct based on the evidence.

Try to keep up.

Just now, Pedro said:

Anyone else heard any rumours of Arab investment in the summer? Not a club sale but the V's getting some financial help off some friends?

I would imagine it is just rumours as they have never seemed keen on external investment previously. Where have you seen this info 

Just now, Pedro said:

Anyone else heard any rumours of Arab investment in the summer? Not a club sale but the V's getting some financial help off some friends?

Always thought they might be running money through the club for someone else anyway B)

Seriously though i'm not sure if that would be a good thing or bad thing now things have finally got on a more even keel. Anything like this will involve another agent or super agent or two and we know what follows all that.

Money's only any good if it's used properly !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tony Mowbray on the importance of his trip to India and conversations with #Rovers owners Venky's https://t.co/EnRLXEtHiD

You'd have thought that the " owners " would have turned up for the Oxford game and combined that with discussions regarding next season. If they've not been enthused by our promotion enough to come over when will they get enthused ?

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You'd have thought that the " owners " would have turned up for the Oxford game and combined that with discussions regarding next season. If they've not been enthused by our promotion enough to come over when will they get enthused ?

If only the EFL had timed the final game to fit in with one of Venkys rigid quarterly board meetings. Maybe next time.

46 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Um, chicken and oil---------------------makes sense!

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think think we'll ever see our owners at Ewood again, and that's a good thing. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, Butty said:

I don't think think we'll ever see our owners at Ewood again, and that's a good thing. 

Agreed, they should stay away indefinitely. There's no benefit to them turning up, only potential negatives. Let Waggott and Mowbray be the public face of the club over here. That'll do me. 

• Like 3

It's coming up to season ticket selling time folks we get similar things put about every year, they're selling. they're investing heavily, they're looking for investment.

All rollocks.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Ollie McBurnie has bagged his 9th for a poor Barnsley side this season. He'd be perfect to support/cover Graham up top next season if we can get him on loan.

Is he the lad with the Steve Claridge socks? No thanks if so we’ll have none of that 

• Backroom

I'd be wary of looking at too many League 1 players for next season. I think it was Den who used to say something like "buy Championship players, get Championship football", and if we buy too many L1 players we'll end up back there for the 19/20 season. There are definitely some gems in the lower leagues, but if they're older than 24/25 there's going to be a reason they're playing there. I suppose a lot depends on our budget, but I'll be uneasy if too many L1 players are on our radar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DE. said:

I'd be wary of looking at too many League 1 players for next season. I think it was Den who used to say something like "buy Championship players, get Championship football", and if we buy too many L1 players we'll end up back there for the 19/20 season. There are definitely some gems in the lower leagues, but if they're older than 24/25 there's going to be a reason they're playing there. I suppose a lot depends on our budget, but I'll be uneasy if too many L1 players are on our radar.

Yep. That's why I continue to endorse the signing of McBurnie, a proven goalscorer at that level.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From.Nicko

Blackburn. Mowbray going to India for budget talks. Some close to Venkys say there might not be much cash around. #bitinpaper

Not jumping the gun or owt but I hope we don’t come up, spend @#/? all, sell Dack in January, Mowbray walks then back down we go.

It’s the hope that kills you isn’t it genuinely thought we’d see a bit of investment. Gonna be horrible this summer.