BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

We must of heard 50 interviews with TM in the past few weeks and not a single sentance he has uttered has even remotely hinted at this.

No way this is true. Will be nixon or someone on a windup

What about Villa, Derby ,Sheff Wednesday etc...they have spent absolute fortunes over last few years and no sign of them being given an embargo.

We have spent hardly anything last few seasons I find this article hard to believe.

Also why has Mowbray been telling us about going to India to find out if how much of a budget he will have etc and been talking about bringing in some good players etc.

I think this few lines in the paper is mischief making 

Just now, davulsukur said:

It would be absolute lunacy if we were hit with a transfer ban after spending hardly anything. TM even went as far as to point out our wage bill and compared it to other championship clubs and we were miles off.

We spent a bucket on wages this season compared to other league 1 teams, and the bulk of that would’ve been paid by the owners, not turnover.

The club needs to put out a statement immediately confirming or denying this story. 

Have to say it is worrying there is a direct quote from Mowbray. Even the Sun wouldn't normally make those up

Edited by jim mk2

16 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

We must of heard 50 interviews with TM in the past few weeks and not a single sentance he has uttered has even remotely hinted at this.

No way this is true. Will be nixon or someone on a windup

BINGO!

There's some vindictive individuals around, who cannot stomach any sort of success for Blackburn Rovers and have to try to dampen the atmosphere by winding people up about transfer embargos. Last week Mowbray said our wage bill is around £8.5 million. Even with promotion rises it won't go up massively from that.

If we are falling foul of FFP then heads need to roll as it would represent colossal ineptitude for a promoted League One side with our personnel to be breaching those limits.

Just now, Biz said:

We spent a bucket on wages this season compared to other league 1 teams, and the bulk of that would’ve been paid by the owners, not turnover.

Our income this season was vast compared to other League One teams.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Being of a certain age I don't do Twitter but the club needs to be bombarded with messages to get a reaction

The club shouldn't be bombarded every time Nixon or his ilk post nonsense. Nor should they be expected to release statements counter arguing a gossip box in the sun. 

I'm sure Rich Sharp will tweet some clarification on this shortly 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The club shouldn't be bombarded every time Nixon or his ilk post nonsense. Nor should they be expected to release statements counter arguing a gossip box in the sun. 

I'm sure Rich Sharp will tweet some clarification on this shortly 

Speculative stories don't need a response but there is a direct quote from Mowbray which gives a the story credence. Just because you don't like the journalist for some reason or the substance of the story doesn't mean it is not true or it can be ignored. 

• Like 2

If it's from Nixon it's pure filth i'd wager the mans an agents stooge we've known this all along, agents whose snouts are likely to be shoved out the trough at the moment.

IF this did turn out to be true it's yet another monumental own goal....or rather convenient depending on how you view these owners ;)

Just now, tomphil said:

If it's from Nixon it's pure filth i'd wager the mans an agents stooge we've known this all along, agents whose snouts are likely to be shoved out the trough at the moment.

IF this did turn out to be true it's yet another monumental own goal....or rather convenient depending on how you view these owners ;)

It isn't from Nixon, he tweeted he knows nothing about it

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

It isn't from Nixon, he tweeted he knows nothing about it

I'll leave it there then for the players he starts linking us with instead :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The club can quash this story straightaway by putting out a statement. Why has it not done so ? 

Because they probably have no idea where it's come from or if it is true that's the problem these days not being run from Blackburn or the UK they can't confirm or deny anything without checking their various levels of people who run it.

Maybe TM has already had a phone call, no meeting till June / July in India and there won't be any money !

Rinse and repeat.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The club can quash this story straightaway by putting out a statement. Why has it not done so ? 

Certainly sets the bar low with regards to expected financial outlay this summer just as people might be getting carried away....

From the above, SCMP will allow donations and injections of equity from the owners of clubs in Divs 1 and 2 but not The Championship.

However SPONSORSHIP is included in a club's turnover.

SO, if one or other (or several) of Venkys companies sponsor the Club to a greater degree than last year haven't we followed the SCMP rules OR will increased sponsorship by Venkys count as donations?

I'd have thought we'd be OK because Venkys are already a major sponsor.

Anybody know the answer?

Just now, tomphil said:

Because they probably have no idea where it's come from or if it is true that's the problem these days not being run from Blackburn or the UK they can't confirm or deny anything without checking their various levels of people who run it.

Maybe TM has already had a phone call, no meeting till June / July in India and there won't be any money !

Rinse and repeat.

There is a direct quote from Mowbray.  All the club needs to do is ask him  !

• Like 1

We've been through the sponsorship thing before though and they could have done that last time but didn't.

Hopefully all this is nothing as we've been told everything for the past few years has been done to comply with FFP indeed they lifted the last embargo ( after some sales). It all has a familiar ring to it though, GB spent a couple of mill then the door slammed and we were told embargo, the team matured for a season or so them mass sales began. At first we were told players were sacrificed to come out of the embargo then as more sales followed it was to reduce debt then we were told of course it was because they ALL wanted to leave !!!

Like I said I hope it's wide of the mark but it could all be part of the script again.