BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/16159715.Budget_plans_in_place_for_next_season_already_reveals_Rovers_CEO_Steve_Waggott/

Waggott on  FFP last month. We had a small loss last season, this season we were under SCMP rules, so not sure how in a 3 year period we would fall foul of FFP?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16194681.Steve_Waggott__Rovers_budget_plans_to_be__fleshed__out_in_India_trip/

This one from last week.

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Speculative stories don't need a response but there is a direct quote from Mowbray which gives a the story credence. Just because you don't like the journalist for some reason or the substance of the story doesn't mean it is not true or it can be ignored. 

I don't think the club needs to release an official statement to counteract a gossip box in an absolute rag. The LT should ask Tony and I am sure that they will. 

A few months ago the Daily mail ran an article about Dack ,using a tweet from a tony Mowbray parody account on twitter in which fake Tony said ,and I paraphrase, that if Dack doesn't knuckle down he will get a punch in the face off Mowbray. Absolute idiots work for these papers. They are capable of writing any BS. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Our income this season was vast compared to other League One teams.

Wages would’ve swamped turnover. We had 3 of the top league 1 wage earners, who alone took about 2.5m excluding bonuses (Mulgrew, Graham, Evans.)

Just now, BigUts said:

I call bull$hit on this one!

Absolutely! The stench is overwhelming.

Firstly we were governed by League 1 rules last season so we couldn't have fallen foul of any Championship rules last season.

Secondly, isn't the Championship rule that owners can spend £39m as they wish within any 3 year period. How can we be in breach of that before we've even got there?

Lastly, if we were in breach of Championship rules last time we were there surely action would have been taken against us long before now. On the contrary, all the indications were that we had actually moved from a position of being in breach of FFP to being in compliance with it.

The entire rule is complete bolloxios anyway. How can you stop an owner spending his money as he sees fit? I wish someone would go to to Court and get it kicked into touch once and for all. The rule should be that you can inject as much cash as you like but Can't load Clubs up with debt.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think the club needs to release an official statement to counteract a gossip box in an absolute rag. The LT should ask Tony and I am sure that they will. 

A few months ago the Daily mail ran an article about Dack ,using a tweet from a tony Mowbray parody account on twitter in which fake Tony said ,and I paraphrase, that if Dack doesn't knuckle down he will get a punch in the face off Mowbray. Absolute idiots work for these papers. They are capable of writing any BS. 

If the quote has been made up, and the story isn't true, the club should say so to stop rumours spreading. 

The fun and games starting in earnest for the busy summer ahead. My bet for next weekends gossip is a Championship club is preparing a bid for Dack. This stuff will go on all summer long and it is usually the same culprits in the press responsible for it. Doesn't help when those people have a small army of followers hanging on every word giving them a bigger audience than they should have.

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We've been through the sponsorship thing before though and they could have done that last time but didn't.

Yes, of course we have and you're right they didn't. However aren't most people are assuming success this season and all the improvements to morale, reconnection between Club and fans etc etc signify  that they have changed their tune?

So my question remains CAN they get round SCMP by increasing sponsorship not WILL they?!!

What we shouldn't put up with (again) is SCMP rules being used as a pretext to avoid funding the Club to an acceptable level.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Yes, of course we have and you're right they didn't. However aren't most people are assuming success this season and all the improvements to morale, reconnection between Club and fans etc etc signify  that they have changed their tune?

So my question remains CAN they get round SCMP by increasing sponsorship not WILL they?!!

What we shouldn't put up with (again) is SCMP rules being used as a pretext to avoid funding the Club to an acceptable level.

I think you may be getting SCMP and FFP mixed up. SCMP only applies in League 1 and 2.

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

Can't argue with that they did after all have a massive audit by two different accounting firms plus there own bean counter and supposedly came up with a plan and new way of doing things. If that plan only allows a million or two into transfers on top of the costs being underwritten then so be it, if it doesn't then it's flawed.

Don't see the sponsorship ever coming off though because the way they do things on the books is the way it suits the parent companies accounting process so to stray away from that you'd have to have a different outlet or family member digging directly into their own pockets, perish the thought :o

Edited by tomphil

Sheffield Wednesday - Chansiri shirt sponsor and stand sponsor

QPR - Air Asia shirt sponsors

Fulham - Visit Florida shirt sponsors (just so happens their owner is based in Florida)

Cardiff - Visit Malaysia shirt sponsors (their owner is based in Malaysia)

Ipswich - Marcus Evans shirt sponsor

Nothing stopping Venkys themselves or one of their friends in India signing up to a highly lucrative shirt, stand or stadium sponsorship package worth millions of pounds. Always a mystery why such wealthy and well connected businessmen have never delivered any tie ins with India apart from the odd few Venkys boards around Ewood.

I have talked to the club and the quote is genuine and it was given by Tony at a separate presser with the Sunday papers after the game.  Without the full transcript from that presser it is impossible to judge in what context this was given.

I'll try and go through the Sunday paper articles on Rovers to see if it has been mentioned anywhere else. 

Just now, Kamy100 said:

I have talked to the club and the quote is genuine and it was given by Tony at a separate presser with the Sunday papers after the game.  Without the full transcript from that presser it is impossible to judge in what context this was given.

I'll try and go through the Sunday paper articles on Rovers to see if it has been mentioned anywhere else. 

I'd be surprised if he wasn't merely trying to dampen expectations a bit and said it in the context of "If we go out and spend Willy nilly we'll be heading for an embargo" and the quote wasn't conveniently cropped and a different interpretation attached to it

• Like 1

• Backroom
59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sheffield Wednesday - Chansiri shirt sponsor and stand sponsor

QPR - Air Asia shirt sponsors

Fulham - Visit Florida shirt sponsors (just so happens their owner is based in Florida)

Cardiff - Visit Malaysia shirt sponsors (their owner is based in Malaysia)

Ipswich - Marcus Evans shirt sponsor

Nothing stopping Venkys themselves or one of their friends in India signing up to a highly lucrative shirt, stand or stadium sponsorship package worth millions of pounds. Always a mystery why such wealthy and well connected businessmen have never delivered any tie ins with India apart from the odd few Venkys boards around Ewood.

I think they had big plans, there were billboards around Pune advertising ‘India’s premier league team’ in 2011 - as we know that was short lived.

To reiterate the owners (or whovever) have promised their 'full support' to Tony Mowbray in the statement issued over the weekend. I took that as meaning financial support.

And now the manager has raised the spectre of FFP.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

There is a direct quote from Mowbray.  All the club needs to do is ask him  !

There is an alleged direct quote, there's a massive difference, blimey you lot dont half hang onto Kamy's posts, even if Kamy is only trying to pass on information. I dont believe for one minute this is true.

7 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

If the club have told you it is genuine but haven’t provided context as mitigation The there is bound to be a fan reaction.

However, we did get ourselves out of embargo before relegation so I don’t see how it can be reinstated after one miserly season in League One.

In any case, if Mowbray knows about an impending embargo but is still heading to India then he must be happy to continue under those conditions or he would be considering his future. There have been no noises at all in that direction so far.

Maybe it’s tempering any expectations of big spending this Summer?

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

There is an alleged direct quote, there's a massive difference, blimey you lot dont half hang onto Kamy's posts, even if Kamy is only trying to pass on information. I dont believe for one minute this is true.

So you don’t believe Kamy has been told by the club that this is genuine?

We don’t know what the preceding question was. For example “So Tony, now you’ve got promoted we assume that the Venkys will be breaking the bank to buy players and get you back to the premier league?

See !