BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Stuart said:

Or as slim as you contributing content rather than glib ad hominem posts. :) 

If you count suggesting the most negative possible outcome to every event “contributing” then I guess I’m happy to keep up the glibness.

As for the edit, the 1/100 odds are on you being the person to carry on the “our best players are on their way” line from now till August.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

What odds Dack to leave and Payne to replace him...?

Listening to Dack speak at the civic reception in town on Monday he genuinely seemed excited about playing for us in the championship next season.

I also doubt a club will bid enough in this window to tempt the club to sell.If he has a good first half of the season though and we are in the bottom half come January then yeah we could receive offers that the club deem to good to turn down 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Listening to Dack speak at the civic reception in town on Monday he genuinely seemed excited about playing for us in the championship next season.

I also doubt a club will bid enough in this window to tempt the club to sell.If he has a good first half of the season though and we are in the bottom half come January then yeah we could receive offers that the club deem to good to turn down 

I’m not too worried about the lad himself. He’ll be buzzing. It’s his agent I’m bothered about, for one, and the Bentley effect - although I’d hope Mowbray can talk him round.

What I’m really concerned about is the V factor. All it would take is for a big bid from a Championship club with parachute payments.

That said, I don’t think Bowyer had anyone sold over his head and Mowbray was backed last year. Everyone has a price though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m not too worried about the lad himself. He’ll be buzzing. It’s his agent I’m bothered about, for one, and the Bentley effect - although I’d hope Mowbray can talk him round.

What I’m really concerned about is the V factor. All it would take is for a big bid from a Championship club with parachute payments.

That said, I don’t think Bowyer had anyone sold over his head and Mowbray was backed last year. Everyone has a price though.

Hopefully the club will give him a new deal on better terms, he is definitely worthy of one.It would put to bed any rumours of him moving elsewhere before the start of the season 

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Hopefully the club will give him a new deal on better terms, he is definitely worthy of one.It would put to bed any rumours of him moving elsewhere before the start of the season 

Mowbray has already mention About giving Dack a new contract

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd say 50/50. Dack has had a great season and players like him are few and far between. Other clubs must be interested.

Interested enough to pay the fee we would accept?Like I said in my previous post in my opinion I don't see iy.

Let's not forget he was available for peanuts last summer and no Championship club took a chance on him.He had a great season but still it was in League One for the favourites to get promoted.I think teams will want to see him do it at a higher level before they splash out big for him.

Anybody watch the Edinburgh derby last night? My Scottish team are Hearts. I was particularly interested in the game to watch the reported Rovers target Dylan Mcgeouch who plays for Hibs. He was on the bench, came on early, did okay but nothing special. A rather angry Neil Lennon has confirmed today Mcgeouch is definitely leaving. 

My conclusion - forget him and go all out to get 17 year old Harry Cochrane from Hearts. This lad will be playing for the full Scotland team in the near future. A great player with a big future. An all round midfielder who can pass, beat a man, strike a ball but also isn’t afraid to put a tackle in and has a great engine. Would work well with Smallwood. 

If Venkys are looking for sell on value he is the type of player we should be in for. The Scottish captain could hopefully have an influence! I honestly don’t know what he would cost though? Rangers are rumoured to be sniffing around him so by virtue of that he shouldn’t be too much?! Albeit he signed a new contract with Hearts during the season. 

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He's the league ones mezut ozil of sorts. Decent when you have the ball but often goes missing. People to easily fooled by YouTube clips.

like Souness!

6 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

There’s always some idiot FFP skipping club like Wednesday that will throw down 10m without blinking.

Would be sad, but we go again.

I know but at least with us having somebody sensible like Mowbray in charge he could make the argument to the owners that we have been offered x amount now without Dack playing in the championship a good season that fee could double a great season it could treble.I would honestly be beyond gutted if we lost Dack most exciting player we have had since being relegated from the premier league in my opinion 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, neophox said:

Baldwin is a good defender.

I disagree. I think he's a great guy and much like Bennet in terms of interaction with fans. But watching him this year, he's been shocking. He has a mistake in him every game. Approaching 25 this summer so would swerve. 

"Jack Baldwin is a great lad and a great captain, but he hasn’t had a good season so it’s time for him to move on." - Steve Evans 

Championship will be a big challenge for Dack.  The lad has skill and a football brain but lacks the pace to become a 'big' player.

His stock is high at the moment and I would expect his agent to try and capitalise on this.

A fee of £7 to £8million is fantasy stuff.  Rovers will do well to keep him but I think he will be offski for something like £3million with a few add ons.  We are in the age of player / agent power. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Championship will be a big challenge for Dack.  The lad has skill and a football brain but lacks the pace to become a 'big' player.

His stock is high at the moment and I would expect his agent to try and capitalise on this.

A fee of £7 to £8million is fantasy stuff.  Rovers will do well to keep him but I think he will be offski for something like £3million with a few add ons.  We are in the age of player / agent power. 

We won't be selling Dack for 3 million 

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

@Stuart

Good or bad omen? :) 

Personal opinion, Number 10s don’t always need pace, and the way Dack gets his arse in the way, I can see him being useful higher up.

In terms of his likelihood of sale. I’d be happy to admit I’m wrong if it happens, but I don’t see it based on the last 12 months unless the recent direction from India changes. For every agent telling them or him to accept bids/contracts, there will be others telling him he’s likely one good season away from 40/50k a week, why move to a team you might not be first choice?

Just now, islander200 said:

We won't be selling Dack for 3 million 

Well we certainly wont be getting £7 to £8million.

The lad hasn't played any higher than League 1 and is therefore unproven.  I personally don't think £3million is an unrealistic fee.

Seemingly, Rovers very interested in St Mirren's Jack Baird.  

Just now, Biz said:

Jordan Rhodes?

+ now parachute payments are 50m more. Move with the times Merc

Jordan who?  Almost disappeared without trace.

If some club buys Dack for anything over £7million, I will make a donation to a charity of your choice.  In fact, I will say £4million. 

51 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I know but at least with us having somebody sensible like Mowbray in charge he could make the argument to the owners that we have been offered x amount now without Dack playing in the championship a good season that fee could double a great season it could treble.I would honestly be beyond gutted if we lost Dack most exciting player we have had since being relegated from the premier league in my opinion 

I’d be more than gutted, but pragmatically, I also think that someone sensible like Mowbray could improve us immeasurably with that kind of money if reinvested.

There’s a gargantuan IF in that sentence though. See if you can spot it.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

@Stuart

Good or bad omen? :) 

Personal opinion, Number 10s don’t always need pace, and the way Dack gets his arse in the way, I can see him being useful higher up.

In terms of his likelihood of sale. I’d be happy to admit I’m wrong if it happens, but I don’t see it based on the last 12 months unless the recent direction from India changes. For every agent telling them or him to accept bids/contracts, there will be others telling him he’s likely one good season away from 40/50k a week, why move to a team you might not be first choice?

I agree Biz, a bit like a 'poor man's Dalglish'.

I feel we haven't seen the best of Dack yet by a long chalk. If only we had a central midfielder who could play a bit and a bit of flair and pace down the flanks. Under those circumstances, I think Dack would be deadly playing either in the '10' role or as half of a front 2, if we were to play 442.

Edited by darrenrover