BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

How is signing a short term deal with Bury not being good enough for league one?

Also your a bigger club obvoiusly your going to attract more physical stronger right backs more suited for the division

Caddis is for right sided midfield or wing back than a old school defensive minded right back pure seething in here about him not good enough for league one?League one is not that good ??

Not sure if this is correct, did we not have an interest in Caddis before he went to Bury.

I don't think he went to Bury to get fit ,anyway my first words out of my mouth when I first saw  Caddis in a Rovers shirt was ..'I know we are now in the 3rd tier of English football but that right back is overweight and looks like a pub player ,in fact I think I even said at the start of the season on here that he and Elliot Ward were not good enough and one of them should hang his boots up..

• Backroom

Pretty telling that we're all almost entirely talking about players on free transfers or loans. We're a long way from the days of Ronaldinho and Raul. Probably more likely to pick either up now than we were 7 years ago tbf.

Those distant pipe dreams aside, we will hopefully be able to attract a few decent PL youngsters on loan. We can't do much worse than we did during the 16/17 season - although Joao, Emnes and Gallagher all had their moments. 

36 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Played four times this year was in Scotland team end of last year never looked out of place be speachless if you like 150 championship games and was club captain at Brum proves when be gets a chance he can play that level obvoiusly he is not in your gaffers plans that does not make him a bad player just means he thinks others are better

Caddis was in the Scotland team ! What at , Darts or Pool ?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

disagree again, I would back Mowbray long term and keep him here. 

He will know by now what his budget is. probably had his meeting with the owners and will be on his way back tomorrow. expect an interview with BBC Radio Lancs and Sky Sports on Friday. 

Very pleased we are being linked with Edwards from Peterborough. would be good signing here. 

Mowbray back on Saturday so hopefully we hear something by Monday

Caddis either has some issue that stops him training full pelt so he can't maintain peek fitness or he's just not that arsed about what he eats and drinks. Could still be a steady right back maybe if he got himself as fit as he used to be but no good having a back up RB who's blowing out his arse after ten mins whenever he comes on.

3 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

Caddis was Birmingham captain for years in the championship he got released cos there skint and could earn better cash elsewhere which he has done

Disingenuous post. He wasn’t “captain for years” was understudy as captain for part of a season.

To be fair on Caddis I don't think his fitness issues are his fault because even when he is not in the matchday squad he is out on the pitch working with one of the coaches. He does strike me as a good professional but for whatever reason he look well past his best, I was stunned when I saw he had just turned 30.

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe Mellor is a right back in which case he should replace Nyambe who I don't believe is good enough. He struggled in div 1 so I believe that he would be targeted every match in the Championship. Robertson is probably back up unless Tony is trying 3 at the back again. I personally don't like that as you finish up with 5 players who are basically defenders.

4 minutes ago, Al said:

I believe Mellor is a right back in which case he should replace Nyambe who I don't believe is good enough. He struggled in div 1 so I believe that he would be targeted every match in the Championship. Robertson is probably back up unless Tony is trying 3 at the back again. I personally don't like that as you finish up with 5 players who are basically defenders.

Nyambe didn't struggle last season in my opinion he has come on an awful lot.He had a couple of poor games last season the same can be said for neatly every player.I would be worried if Mellor was coming in to start every match,granted iv only seen him play a few times but he is not an upgrade on Nyambe

• Like 3

Not too fussed what Caddis was like a few years ago, he’s clearly not up to the Championship now. He looked like an overweight dolloper last year in a league of dollopers so we need to get rid or get someone to take some of his wages on as a loan.  He must have been about 5th choice in his own position last year so TM must agree.

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Robertson has a left foot so Mulgrew could be playing left back or central midfield again McLeish has considered him for Scotland so can't be that bad must have came in a bit in the last few seasons

I find the Robertson link strange myself as we already have Mulgrew and Williams who can play left centre half and Williams and Bell at left back.I very much doubt that Mulgrew will play anywhere but centre half for us next season unless we are in the midst of an injury crisis.

There could be nothing in this link with the Blackpool guy's "Sky sources understands " isn't the most reliable 

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Mulgrew is better in CM all his best games for Scotland have came there apart from Croatia were he was left back

Prefer him at centre half personally and since he has moved to centre half for us he hasn't been injured every 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Ask the Celtic fans what they thought of him there much better natural defenders out there than him pay Robertson and him in midfield you have a strong physical spine very important at that level

I'm not interested in what the Celtic fans think.Its two years since he played for them, I'm not disputing he would have had good games at left back and central midfield as the guy is a class act.But you wouldn't have seen him ad much as Rovers fans have over the last two seasons and like I said when he was playing in midfield here he spent an awful lot of time out injured.Last season whilst playing centre half he rarely missed any match through injury