BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

NEWS: Blackburn Rovers' midfield target could opt to remain with current club: https://t.co/PmacHttwsV #BRFC #Blackburn #Rovers #Hibernian #Hibees

If true, possibly he has spoken to TM and realised he wouldn't for sure be a starter.

Or Rovers budget has enabled us to move for better targets?

Edited by Raya4espania

3 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Mercer im up for your 100 pound charity bet i bet you Dack will start the season at Rovers...i think the rest should take up this bet too

I wouldn’t bother, he was making the same bet a couple of weeks ago on here but offering £4m to the winners charity of choice. It’ll be ten bob and 10 bensons this time next week.

Really don't understand why more clubs don't explore the German market, you could get Anthony Ujah at a snip and his scoring record over the years has been outstanding. Huddersfield and Brighton have bought from the Bundesliga recently and those signings have been great. The last time we explored that market we signed Santa Cruz and Samba, Bowyer was keen on Sandro Wagner who now plays for Bayern. There are hard working professionals with the right attitudes to be found over there at competitive prices, even more so in the Bundesliga 2.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Raya4espania said:

I did say 'if' I was being cynical. I'm generally not and trust TM.

I think he's just being smart, keeping expectations realistic. If we were to do what Millwall and Sheff Utd have this past season, all the better.

I know mate, but on this MB that type of comment is usually a green light to all of the haters. I only replied to try and quell any uprising!! Hahahah

6 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Mercer im up for your 100 pound charity bet i bet you Dack will start the season at Rovers...i think the rest should take up this bet too

I think it's more about the fact he has 100 quid to easily dispense of more than his belief in what he says

20 hours ago, 47er said:

No way will Venkys fund transfers to gain us promotion or even get us in the hunt. If TM was asking for that he'd have been sacked already!

He's said he wants us to strengthen here and there, to sign young players from lower leagues with the potential to develop,( like Bell I assume) and for us to get better bit by bit, season by season.

It makes sense on 2 fronts---its the only way forward Venkys will support, and, in the case of Burnley, it has been shown to work.

Whether the fans are willing to hang on and age further while we go through this process I'm not sure!

I'm guessing 1.5 million might well be it. It just sounds right.

If there was a clear method in transfer policy then I think it would take the most unreasoned of posters (JAL) to complain. Signing young players with quality potential and, more important in todays game, potential resale value is a clever way to run a football club. Bowyer did it quite well, despite making a lot of misses in the process.

Signing dross like Brown or Greer is what got peoples backs up. There was clearly no set in stone transfer policy in our relegation season - simply, "get what you can".

24 minutes ago, Neal said:

Really don't understand why more clubs don't explore the German market, you could get Anthony Ujah at a snip and his scoring record over the years has been outstanding. Huddersfield and Brighton have bought from the Bundesliga recently and those signings have been great. The last time we explored that market we signed Santa Cruz and Samba, Bowyer was keen on Sandro Wagner who now plays for Bayern. There are hard working professionals with the right attitudes to be found over there at competitive prices, even more so in the Bundesliga 2.

We have had success in the Bundesliga before and certainly players from that league, both 1st and 2nd, are similar in quality than in the UK. Remarkably they are all cheaper too which is why more astute managers are starting to look there for their signings. 

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If there was a clear method in transfer policy then I think it would take the most unreasoned of posters (JAL) to complain. Signing young players with quality potential and, more important in todays game, potential resale value is a clever way to run a football club. Bowyer did it quite well, despite making a lot of misses in the process.

Signing dross like Brown or Greer is what got peoples backs up. There was clearly no set in stone transfer policy in our relegation season - simply, "get what you can".

We have had success in the Bundesliga before and certainly players from that league, both 1st and 2nd, are similar in quality than in the UK. Remarkably they are all cheaper too which is why more astute managers are starting to look there for their signings. 

Bang on both you and Neal. I still remember Sebastian Pelzer rocking up with Johansson!

9 hours ago, JAL said:

Top 10 is doable ? Wow ..absolutely Wow ....a chumpchip top ten... from Imy.

You Venky bastards get out of our club !

Let it go and move forward. The past is the past and is what it is. The time has come to move on. 

• Like 3

My two £100 charity bet offers were specifically for Chaddy.

Chaddy always disses my contributions so my two offers of charity bets were a case of either put up or shut up.  I think his refusal to take up my offers underlines the nonsense Chaddy sometimes spouts. 

It's Bank Holiday weekend, the sun is shining and as a gesture of my goodwill, I will now make a £100 donation to a charity of my choice.  It would be nice if Chaddy made a similar gesture.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend to you all. 

Edited by Mercer

• Moderation Lead

Glass houses and all that, Mercer.

Incidentally, can any threats of wagers/charitable donations/people showing off that they can spare £100 (however you want to interpret it) be done via PM? 

Many thanks.

• Like 4

Just now, K-Hod said:

Glass houses and all that, Mercer.

Incidentally, can any threats of wagers/charitable donations/people showing off that they can spare £100 (however you want to interpret it) be done via PM? 

Many thanks.

You can think what you like.

It is a genuine and sincere gesture.

It was not a case of showing off.  Perhaps, there is very good reason for me making that gesture.

I think your response is churlish.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mercer said:

You can think what you like.

It is a genuine and sincere gesture.

It was not a case of showing off.  Perhaps, there is very good reason for me making that gesture.

I think your response is churlish.

I don't think it is, for what it's worth, someone else made that observation, I was just paraphrasing. You can spend your money on whatever you want, that's how life works.....

You can also think as you please.

Just now, K-Hod said:

I don't think it is, for what it's worth, someone else made that observation, I was just paraphrasing. You can spend your money on whatever you want, that's how life works.....

You can also think as you please.

I think that it ignorant and disrespectful of you and you would realise that if you had an insight into a person's personal life.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mercer said:

I think that it ignorant and disrespectful of you and you would realise that if you had an insight into a person's personal life.

For goodness' sake, I don't think you're showing off, somebody else made that suggestion in a post some pages back, not me, I was merely covering all bases. I've never thought philanthropy was anything other than a good thing, personally. 

Just now, renrag said:

People who wish to donate to charity, in the main, do so without a song and dance and not subject to losing a bet.

Yes they do.

I have supported church and many good causes for decades and do not make a song and dance about it.

This was an initial offer to Chaddy and a subsequent gesture that I think have been misinterpreted by many of you.

I will leave it there.

2 hours ago, renrag said:

People who wish to donate to charity, in the main, do so without a song and dance and not subject to losing a bet.

...and people who don't send crass e-mails using charity to try and buy a knighthood.