BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy I played at a good level of football. Mainly either left or right back but as a lad I played all over the park. The attributes I needed to be a good left back then are exactly the same as you need now to play well at  left back, nothing has changed in that respect.

You needed pace, quickness in the turn, you needed to know when and where to commit to the tackle, how to jockey the guy you were playing against. Decent heading ability,  the ability to pass accurately with both feet, short passes as well as long. You need to be able to communicate clearly, especially with the rest of the back four and the guys playing directly in front of you. You need to be able to read the game and sense danger before it happens. Know when to overlap and when to stay at home.

What applied then applies equally now. Fitness, tactics, formations etc can all be taught. Inate footballing ability comes with playing from the minute it gets light until the minute it goes dark. And then it was under the street lights for more.

I used to knock about with a guy who played as a striker for England Schoolboys, he practiced with a tennis ball on a cobbled street near his house.  In games you couldn't get the ball off him.

Not Duggie? :D

31 minutes ago, Raya4espania said:

Not sure TM should be admitting letting players manage themselves. All OK this season just gone with the success, but next season, if it turns out a struggle, we may ask wtf?! Besides, if TM isn't in the dressing room for a player being late, isn't he late himself?

A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 47er said:

Not Duggie? :D

Nah but my pal was very similar in style and appearance to Dougie. He was back page headline news in the " Manchester Evening News " when he signed for Utd.  " Schoolboy Soccer Star Signs For The Reds ". A really bad knee injury finished him at 18 , today they could have probably fixed it. 

He played in the same England  Schools Team as Barry Bridges, John Talbut, Willie Carlin,  etc.

1 hour ago, Gladwingone said:

So finally it becomes clearer,

Craig is the manager

Tony is the head coach

Craig gives Dacky an ear flick if he comes to training smelling of booze and perfume

Now we only need to clarify who really owns Blackburn Rovers ? :rover:

Scottish mafia! :lol: 

3 hours ago, stinny1 said:

I'm a level two coach and the game has moved on . Fitness , tactically , and technically  the only thing i would say his some kids are over coached . And there too much made of height and running ability in kids football i've taken lads for trails and been told by coaches  we want tall strong lads where not looking at football ability we can teach them that. 

I agree with your posts. 

I think some coaches are far too old fashioned and haven't developing the coaching ability 

3 hours ago, stinny1 said:

Thats what i tell kids and parents all the time . Make it first and the money and everything  else will come

I agree with that. I think Mahoney and Wright made the wrong decisions in leaving here. not one has made a first team appearance in the league for the club that bought them

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Did you watch Conway much last season? He really struggled IMO and I don't think I'm alone in that. Just a question, but, if Mowbray had deemed Conway surplus to requirements, would you be upset or think that was wrong??

There is absolutely no room for sentiment in professional sport. Conway has been a great servant to the club, but if he struggled in league one and he's now a year older, the championship will be even tougher for him, that much stands to reason. 

If finances are tight, as they have been for the last few years, we need to have every single squad member earning a wage making a big contribution.

Of Course I watched Conway played. he struggled in some games but played well in some. 

I think you will find that I was posting a couple of weeks before Mowbray even said owt on the subject that I would offer him a new 12 months contract and I outlined my reasons why. 

We don't know the finances are and after Mowbray and Waggott comments I wouldn't say Finances are tight at all. But we are looking to be sensible and not over paying for players

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How would you feel if you were signing the cheques ? It's easy when it's other people's money. We've spunked enough money in the past on signings that didn't make any real sense.

The finances isn't our problem. that's Mowbray, Waggott and Cheston job. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy I played at a good level of football. Mainly either left or right back but as a lad I played all over the park. The attributes I needed to be a good left back then are exactly the same as you need now to play well at  left back, nothing has changed in that respect.

You needed pace, quickness in the turn, you needed to know when and where to commit to the tackle, how to jockey the guy you were playing against. Decent heading ability,  the ability to pass accurately with both feet, short passes as well as long. You need to be able to communicate clearly, especially with the rest of the back four and the guys playing directly in front of you. You need to be able to read the game and sense danger before it happens. Know when to overlap and when to stay at home.

What applied then applies equally now. Fitness, tactics, formations etc can all be taught. Inate footballing ability comes with playing from the minute it gets light until the minute it goes dark. And then it was under the street lights for more.

I used to knock about with a guy who played as a striker for England Schoolboys, he practiced with a tennis ball on a cobbled street near his house.  In games you couldn't get the ball off him.

Thanks for info on our football career. 

I don't agree that Fitness can be taught cos players need to have natural fit in modern football. 

cant imagine many children these days playing on the streets like they did about 20 years when I was young enough to play football. its all been banned streets due to busy roads and councils stopping kids playing. 

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Going off TMs comments about recruiting young up and coming talent into the squad ,keeping someone like Conway may not be a bad thing.He seems like a good professional,never seem to hear anything untoward regarding his life outside football and has Championship experience to pass down to the (hopefully) new young recruits that TM is aiming for .

TM made it clear to Payne that he will be a bit part player at the club and im sure Conway will have been told the same and any new contract will be influenced by that fact. Im sure it will be a "Sorry Craig ..you aint gonna get much playing time but your presence here  could be influential to the young squad so we re only offering you so much ..take it or leave it ". 

Really cant see Conway getting a more substantial deal if not probably a reduced deal ..the Club hold the cards not Conway.

I agree after reading Mowbray comments on Rovers and LT sites and listening to Radio Lancs he seems to want young and athleticism players who will development here, not be on crazy money, fit into the squad dynamics and attitudes. 

I would imagine Conway would be a basic contract with adds on based performances

1 hour ago, Tom said:

For the record Jacob Davenport was a Tommo exclusive you need to credit me any time his name is mentioned.

Fuds

any more news on this whether its a loan or permanent move?

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There is no way Conway will start most games next season 

very true but coming off the bench to use experience and knowledge of this league

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Conway shouldn't be a starter any more. But as a last 20-30 minute senior player to come on and use his experience in games it could be valuable. I'd be in favour if it was a reasonable wage on a 12 month deal with him being a sub not a starter.

exactly what I been saying. He can use his experience and knowledge in the championship 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree. It would be totally sentimental, and if he wasnt offered one, im sure chaddy would say he agrees that its time for him to go. The expiry of his contract after a season in which he didnt set up a goal and added nothing going forward, with him potentially finishing on a high, everything about it suggests that its time to go.

my stance has been clear even before Mowbray even commented on Conway and his future so why do you keep lying in your post. I outlined my reasons why I would give him a new 12 months deal. 

2 hours ago, Raya4espania said:

Why does chaddy get so much grief for posting updates? I CBA trawling through various online sites for Rovers items, so chaddys postings are very useful.

He doesn't get grief for posting things. I'm sure everyone is very grateful. I know I am. It's more his reaction to the information he posts where the fried starts sometimes warranted others times less so 

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

He doesn't get grief for posting things. I'm sure everyone is very grateful. I know I am. It's more his reaction to the information he posts where the grief starts, sometimes warranted others times less so 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with your posts. 

I think some coaches are far too old fashioned and haven't developing the coaching ability 

I agree with that. I think Mahoney and Wright made the wrong decisions in leaving here. not one has made a first team appearance in the league for the club that bought them

Of Course I watched Conway played. he struggled in some games but played well in some. 

I think you will find that I was posting a couple of weeks before Mowbray even said owt on the subject that I would offer him a new 12 months contract and I outlined my reasons why. 

We don't know the finances are and after Mowbray and Waggott comments I wouldn't say Finances are tight at all. But we are looking to be sensible and not over paying for players

The finances isn't our problem. that's Mowbray, Waggott and Cheston job. 

Thanks for info on our football career. 

I don't agree that Fitness can be taught cos players need to have natural fit in modern football. 

cant imagine many children these days playing on the streets like they did about 20 years when I was young enough to play football. its all been banned streets due to busy roads and councils stopping kids playing. 

I agree after reading Mowbray comments on Rovers and LT sites and listening to Radio Lancs he seems to want young and athleticism players who will development here, not be on crazy money, fit into the squad dynamics and attitudes. 

I would imagine Conway would be a basic contract with adds on based performances

any more news on this whether its a loan or permanent move?

very true but coming off the bench to use experience and knowledge of this league

exactly what I been saying. He can use his experience and knowledge in the championship 

my stance has been clear even before Mowbray even commented on Conway and his future so why do you keep lying in your post. I outlined my reasons why I would give him a new 12 months deal. 

Please can you remind me of what games he played well in?

Should sign our promotion team from 2001 back, Flitcroft, Duff, Dunn etc, if thats the reasoning. You need something on top of experience. 

On Conway;

The suggestion of keeping a settled but aging backup on a nominal wage for a season, who has previously played well in the championship; no brainer to me.

If we had a few more wide players, I’d probably take @K-Hod ‘s tone of “no wastage” but in this scenario, Craig offers backup to a position we have zero depth.

Perfect example of a professional too- we aren’t talking about someone with questionable motives for carrying on or a chequered past with the club. Fantastic role model for any signings or youth progression.

Having this kind of backup and character around, is necessary imo, the lack of that seniority was just another example from the list of issues with early Venky ownership - Emerton, Nelsen et al disappearing without sentiment or utilisation. Keeping CC on a modest wage is a sure fire way of ensuring an able backup and helping the next lot settle effectively.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 4

Understand both sides to this but at the same time,  12-month deal on minimal wages while the club/players make a transition back to the Championship is not that big a deal. Any more than that is not a good idea. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't agree. We should only be signing or re-signing players that can be reasonably expected to be first team regulars. Signing players that we are already expecting to have a " back up " role , whatever that means, is crazy.

Dya know what I find crazy? I find it crazy how you can have a strong opinion on something like this when a) you have know idea what it’s actually costing. b) you have no idea what the guy actually brings to the team / group and finally c) why you’d even be bothered when it’s not your money.

It’s just weird.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Dya know what I find crazy? I find it crazy how you can have a strong opinion on something like this when a) you have know idea what it’s actually costing. b) you have no idea what the guy actually brings to the team / group and finally c) why you’d even be bothered when it’s not your money.

It’s just weird.

You mean it's " weird " that I have  an opinion regarding a team I've supported since 1962 ?  I have a good idea what he's brought to the team out on the pitch this past season. Not a lot. And next season will be much more of a challenge for every player in the squad. We can't afford any passengers.

• Like 5

Just now, Paul Mani said:

It’s just weird.

By that logic though, we shouldnt have been bothered about the millions wasted on Murphy and the like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Please can you remind me of what games he played well in?

Peterbrough away, Southend at home, Charlton at home, Bradford away

He scored 2 goals and 3 assists last season. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't agree. We should only be signing or re-signing players that can be reasonably expected to be first team regulars. Signing players that we are already expecting to have a " back up " role , whatever that means, is crazy.

what I find crazy is you dismissing a player who has loads of experiences and knowledge of the championship. his positional play is good, good defensively and can be used of the bench for the last 20 mins to help us keep the lead. I don't know why you are concern about his wage when you don't know how much the contract offer is. surely you got to trust Mowbray and Waggott to do the right thing by the club. 

34 minutes ago, Biz said:

On Conway;

The suggestion of keeping a settled but aging backup on a nominal wage for a season, who has previously played well in the championship; no brainer to me.

If we had a few more wide players, I’d probably take @K-Hod ‘s tone of “no wastage” but in this scenario, Craig offers backup to a position we have zero depth.

Perfect example of a professional too- we aren’t talking about someone with questionable motives for carrying on or a chequered past with the club. Fantastic role model for any signings or youth progression.

Having this kind of backup and character around, is necessary imo, the lack of that seniority was just another example from the list of issues with early Venky ownership - Emerton, Nelsen et al disappearing without sentiment or utilisation. Keeping CC on a modest wage is a sure fire way of ensuring an able backup and helping the next lot settle effectively.

agree 100% Biz. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what I find crazy is you dismissing a player who has loads of experiences and knowledge of the championship. his positional play is good, good defensively and can be used of the bench for the last 20 mins to help us keep the lead. I don't know why you are concern about his wage when you don't know how much the contract offer is. surely you got to trust Mowbray and Waggott to do the right thing by the club. 

What I find crazy is that you dismissed Danny Graham as a player whose legs had gone. He then went on to spearhead our promotion push. Surely you should have trusted Mowbray to do right by the club instead of slagging off his best striker?

• Like 5

As Conway is recovering from a broken metatarsal I would have thought his pre season will start later than the reporting date which in turn means he probably won't be fit for August 4th. 

Hopefully he will turn the new deal down and find himself a new club.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what I find crazy is you dismissing a player who has loads of experiences and knowledge of the championship

Seriously. After the no to any defender over 30 debate we had

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

agree 100% Biz. 

I didn’t know that I thought he got 0 assists last season (although did get a pseudo assist with the deep cross at one of the late home games), who were they against?

Edit it was Southend and was an assist from a cross 

Edited by Tom

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

agree 100% Biz. 

2 goals and 3 assists? Far worse than antonson then who you don't want us to sign and played in the same position, even though hes a striker playing out of position, his contribution was far superior to conways. Before his bad injury antonson was scoring for fun and was very effective on the counter side of the game. Conway is passed it, if hes good in the dressing room then pay as you play or newt. 

7 hours ago, Raya4espania said:

Why does chaddy get so much grief for posting updates? I CBA trawling through various online sites for Rovers items, so chaddys postings are very useful.

I dont think he gets grief for posting updates.

He lives for linkage - which is fine. I think he grates on most for other reasons of which I wont go into detail - I will let you find out for yourself as a relatively new poster. He gets to everybody eventually. 

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s just weird.

A lot of us find it weird that newbies pitch up every summer then go on a positive spin crusade over virtually everything and go to lengths to single out posters who might have a strong opposite opinion.  Then as if by magic they disappear again at the first sign of trouble when the season begins, now that is really weird.

Everyone has an opinion and when people are buying season tickets for hundreds of pounds then YES it is their money because they are discussing the very thing they've spent it on, it's called being entitled to.

Goodnight !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Raya4espania said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

giphy.gif

Chaddy is Trump?

Bloody hell his twitter account makes a lot of sense now .

Anyway Chad Donald, can I ask , If you are planning on sending any missiles over to NK, what formation will they be in?