BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Dya know what I find crazy? I find it crazy how you can have a strong opinion on something like this when a) you have know idea what it’s actually costing. b) you have no idea what the guy actually brings to the team / group and finally c) why you’d even be bothered when it’s not your money.

It’s just weird.

Because its OUR TEAM and we want them to do well?

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Seriously. After the no to any defender over 30 debate we had

Different situation and position. 

1 hour ago, AAK said:

2 goals and 3 assists? Far worse than antonson then who you don't want us to sign and played in the same position, even though hes a striker playing out of position, his contribution was far superior to conways. Before his bad injury antonson was scoring for fun and was very effective on the counter side of the game. Conway is passed it, if hes good in the dressing room then pay as you play or newt. 

Antonsson started well but done nothing in the last few months since he injured..

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I didn’t know that I thought he got 0 assists last season (although did get a pseudo assist with the deep cross at one of the late home games), who were they against?

Edit it was Southend and was an assist from a cross 

Southend at home, Bradford away and Peterborough away. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Raya4espania said:

I just hope TM can get his targets, whoever they are and whenever he can. Got to trust him.

Agree, it seems certain Conway is being lined up for a coaching role.

I trust Mowbray to make the good signings and give us a team to be proud of. 

17 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I would imagine the Conway situation would involve him moving into coaching as well. I for one would be all for that. By the sounds of it he is very well respected in the dressing room and that can only be a positive for the young players. 

Agreed 1000%

7 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Chaddy is Trump?

Bloody hell his twitter account makes a lot of sense now .

Anyway Chad Donald, can I ask , If you are planning on sending any missiles over to NK, what formation will they be in?

I feel like there is a whooshing noise but I’m not sure if it’s for you or me! :lol: 

Waggott on Rovers budget

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16251610.Rovers_budget_will_allow_for__quality_and_depth__to_be_added/

Quote from the article above

"We’ll have a competitive player budget and have a transfer pot of money as well,” said Waggott.

“You never disclose what you’ve got because agents pick up on it.

“We have to be smart with what we’ve got but we should be able to add depth and quality to the squad.”

7 hours ago, 47er said:

Because its OUR TEAM and we want them to do well?

That’s great. So let’s support the team then. Support the manager. Trust the manager who sees every single day what the likes of Conway etc bring to the party!

The fact that we love the club doesn’t give us a reason to strenuously pass judgment on situations we know literally nothing about. Anyone on here know what terms we’ve offered? Anyone work with the group daily? Anyone here responsible for paying the bills at Rovers? No. Like I say, it’s weird.

Just let the manager do his job. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s great. So let’s support the team then. Support the manager. Trust the manager who sees every single day what the likes of Conway etc bring to the party!

The fact that we love the club doesn’t give us a reason to strenuously pass judgment on situations we know literally nothing about. Anyone on here know what terms we’ve offered? Anyone work with the group daily? Anyone here responsible for paying the bills at Rovers? No. Like I say, it’s weird.

Supporting the team/club and supporting the manager are distinctly separate things.

Of course fans are going to pass judgement on things, that’s not something exclusive to Rovers fans, but fundamentally it’s because they have the club at heart.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

It was a genuine request. I don't follow Nixon on Twitter (he has to approve you). Not having a go at anyone for providing updates.

Why are some on here so tetchy and quick to misunderstand?

I don't think it had anything to do with your request..

Edit- looked back, and the way you wrote 'ITK' Nicko comes across sarcastic.

Edited by Raya4espania

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Different situation and position. 

Your right it is. Because on the wings we need young fast paced players who can get up and down, which Conway can't. The experienced player your advocating is what is needed in defence around the young lads to keep it solid at the back. A good defense is the difference between going up and staying down

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Anyone on here think Conway had a good season last season ?

16 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Your right it is. Because on the wings we need young fast paced players who can get up and down, which Conway can't. The experienced player your advocating is what is needed in defence around the young lads to keep it solid at the back. A good defense is the difference between going up and staying down

But someone like Conway on the wing would be good away from home where he will be solid, defensively good and stay in his position. 

Experience in defence? We got Mulgrew and Williams are very experience. Lenihan is 24 years old and played in more than 100 games now. 

Players like Huth are far too old and too injury prone for me. Dont forget he hasnt played a league game all season or barely been on the bench either. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But someone like Conway on the wing would be good away from home where he will be solid, defensively good and stay in his position. 

Experience in defence? We got Mulgrew and Williams are very experience. Lenihan is 24 years old and played in more than 100 games now. 

Players like Huth are far too old and too injury prone for me. Dont forget he hasnt played a league game all season or barely been on the bench either. 

Someone like that is likely to come to increase their pension pot too..

Young and hungry is the way to go in this window! If we’re adding experience, they’d need to be Championship level for me. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

As supporters we see the games and make judgements about players from them. A player can look good in training but flops on the bigger stage (Gladwin for example). Conway hasn't just been mediocre last season, he has been that way for some time. I just don't see what he will bring to a squad which needs improving radically if we are to even reach mid table. I just don't get the coming off the bench argument neither. Any squad player for us should be good enough to start and their presence in the squad alone be enough to keep the other players on their toes.

• Like 4

I saw him play enough to know his legs have gone. It happens to every player at some point in their career. Some sooner than later . In a winger that's pretty crucial. Next season that will be shown up more than this season. If they see him in a back room role why don't they say so. Nobody at the club has mentioned him being involved in the coaching side of the game.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2018 at 00:18, 47er said:

Net money? Or are you forgetting the sales?

Venky’s have always made money available. Look at when Bowyer he was in charge- he was still given some money to spend after all that money Kean had blown. Lambert- loads of loans and the odd signing. Even last season, Mowbray got money to spend. 

Talk about sales all you want, but in the grand scheme of things Venky’s have put money into the club. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Utterly ridiculous.. Its our team and I want to see the best players possible in each position. And Conway's run with us imo has come to an end. If he  plays and stays I know he'll do his best but on the basis of last season, he won't be good enough. Whether I know the terms offered or not (and I certainly don't expect to) is irrelevant, I would prefer to use his wage on someone else.

I'm left wondering how supporters are supposed to react to things about the club they don't like. Are they supposed to just turn up and cheer anyway without passing comment?

And what's the point of a Message Board if you can't speak your mind about anything Rovers? Why are you on here if you are not interested in what fans think?

You seem to want a sanitised world that I don't recognise.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Venky’s have always made money available. Look at when Bowyer he was in charge- he was still given some money to spend after all that money Kean had blown. Lambert- loads of loans and the odd signing. Even last season, Mowbray got money to spend. 

Talk about sales all you want, but in the grand scheme of things Venky’s have put money into the club. 

I don't know where to start with this but if you buy a Premier League club and turn it into a Div 1 club you can expect to run up big debts. Not as much as the Raos have but, then again, they are in a class of their own in that regard.

I don't know the exact size of the debt but I do know it hasn't been spent making us better. Fact

And while I haven't done the sums, I suggest sales exceeded expenditure after Kean (or Voldemort as i prefer) so they actually haven't spent money at all in the sense that you imply.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

This won't go down well on here. You're painting Venkys in a very positive light and failing to mention what they have done to the club. In the 'grand scheme of things' they have completely f8cked us. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Cant take that away from em!

Question now is, is have they learned there lesson? I think they have and it's cost em a few bob in doing so.

On the TM front i've read on many occasions about ... In Tm we trust and we have faith in him etc etc. Knowing how fickle most of the fans are it makes me think how "Short a time" before they turn on him if it starts going wrong?

I hope for ours and everybody else it does'nt

• Like 1