BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s great. So let’s support the team then. Support the manager. Trust the manager who sees every single day what the likes of Conway etc bring to the party!

The fact that we love the club doesn’t give us a reason to strenuously pass judgment on situations we know literally nothing about. Anyone on here know what terms we’ve offered? Anyone work with the group daily? Anyone here responsible for paying the bills at Rovers? No. Like I say, it’s weird.

Just let the manager do his job. 

A message board is a modern version of discussions about your club in the pub, over the garden fence and so on. Managers, players, owners have always been pontificated about by fans, always will.

As long as you ‘support the manager and team’ in the ground, why can’t folk ‘strenuously pass judgement’ on some obscure medium called brfcs.com?

• Like 2

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Venky’s have always made money available. Look at when Bowyer he was in charge- he was still given some money to spend after all that money Kean had blown. 

Actually most of the money "blown" was on Jordan Rhodes - which has been well established as not a Kean signing - and the ridiculous influx of Portuguese players which was done at the behest of Venky's "global advisor" Shebby Singh. So, nice try, but as much as I love to criticise Steve Kean I'm pretty sure we ended up in net profit as far as his transfers are concerned. For every signing we sold somebody to at the very least cover the excess, either in transfer fee or wages. We also ended up with a @#/?ing shit squad but that was an inevitability.

6 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This won't go down well on here. You're painting Venkys in a very positive light and failing to mention what they have done to the club. In the 'grand scheme of things' they have completely f8cked us. 

It’s the truth though- funded us, albeit because of their mistakes.

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't know where to start with this but if you buy a Premier League club and turn it into a Div 1 club you can expect to run up big debts. Not as much as the Raos have but, then again, they are in a class of their own in that regard.

I don't know the exact size of the debt but I do know it hasn't been spent making us better. Fact

And while I haven't done the sums, I suggest sales exceeded expenditure after Kean (or Voldemort as i prefer) so they actually haven't spent money at all in the sense that you imply.

Venky’s must have had to spend money- the club wouldn’t be in existence otherwise. Someone must have the income and outgoings to hand, since their disaster of a reign started? 

Edited by scotchrover

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

. So, nice try, but as much as I love to criticise Steve Kean I'm pretty sure we ended up in net profit as far as his transfers are concerned. 

5CFE78F7-0625-4CEF-B752-2C2C2F372966.gif

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Actually most of the money "blown" was on Jordan Rhodes - which has been well established as not a Kean signing - and the ridiculous influx of Portuguese players which was done at the behest of Venky's "global advisor" Shebby Singh. So, nice try, but as much as I love to criticise Steve Kean I'm pretty sure we ended up in net profit as far as his transfers are concerned. For every signing we sold somebody to at the very least cover the excess, either in transfer fee or wages. We also ended up with a @#/?ing shit squad but that was an inevitability.

This would confirm you are right.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/blackburn-rovers/alletransfers/verein/164

30 minutes ago, pomster said:

Cant take that away from em!

Question now is, is have they learned there lesson? I think they have and it's cost em a few bob in doing so.

On the TM front i've read on many occasions about ... In Tm we trust and we have faith in him etc etc. Knowing how fickle most of the fans are it makes me think how "Short a time" before they turn on him if it starts going wrong?

I hope for ours and everybody else it does'nt

I trust Mowbray to behave in an ethical and honest fashion. I think he's proven that in the short time he's been at the club. Having said that he's just like the rest of us, he's not infallible. He'll make mistakes, every manager makes mistakes. I reserve the right to criticise Mowbray when he does.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I trust Mowbray to behave in an ethical and honest fashion. I think he's proven that in the time he's been at the club. Having said that he's just like the rest of us, he's not infallible. He'll make mistakes, every manager makes mistakes. I reserve the right to criticise Mowbray when he does.

My point exactly!

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Supporting the team/club and supporting the manager are distinctly separate things.

Of course fans are going to pass judgement on things, that’s not something exclusive to Rovers fans, but fundamentally it’s because they have the club at heart.

Completely agree. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. But leave it there. We’ve got guys on here going on and on about Conway. “He’s not worth it!” “I can’t see a single reason to keep him” “it’s a waste of money” etc...but these people don’t know what he’s been offered...they’ve never worked with him...they don’t pay the bills...I just find really odd that ‘supporters’ feel so empowered to judge without any information. 

After the season we’ve just had I can’t believe some of the negativity still being peddled on here. It’s draining and I can’t help but wonder if those people actually have the club at heart Stuart.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

After the season we’ve just had I can’t believe some of the negativity still being peddled on here. It’s draining and I can’t help but wonder if those people actually have the club at heart Stuart.

Always a daft statement, file it with ‘some fans enjoy/want us to lose’

Who on earth would spend their free time on a Rovers message board, some with a decade plus of posting if they didn’t have the club at heart?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Completely agree. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. But leave it there. We’ve got guys on here going on and on about Conway. “He’s not worth it!” “I can’t see a single reason to keep him” “it’s a waste of money” etc...but these people don’t know what he’s been offered...they’ve never worked with him...they don’t pay the bills...I just find really odd that ‘supporters’ feel so empowered to judge without any information. 

Ah the old negativity argument. As for not having the club at heart I know for certain that some of the posters who don't see any value in giving him a deal never miss a game, spending a perhaps a couple of thousand pounds in doing so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But someone like Conway on the wing would be good away from home where he will be solid, defensively good and stay in his position. 

Experience in defence? We got Mulgrew and Williams are very experience. Lenihan is 24 years old and played in more than 100 games now. 

Players like Huth are far too old and too injury prone for me. Dont forget he hasnt played a league game all season or barely been on the bench either. 

Forget huth he was an example. So if or should I say when mulgrew gets injured your your happy with  nyambe lenihan willams and bell at the back with Conway tracking back for bell and you don't think a player with experience would add anything to that back four

Edited by Oldgregg86

You tell me mate. But after the last 12 months we’ve had, with a manager who has proven 100 times over his worth, a team who have given everything to the cause and owners who have backed the manager and backed the manager and not sold any of our best players...what on EARTH do any real Rovers fans have to be negative about?

If Carlsberg did amazing turnarounds, being a Rovers fan in the last 12 months would be it!!

So yeah, I question the motives of those people. Now back to transfers ??

• Like 1

You tell me mate. But after the last 12 months we’ve had, with a manager who has proven 100 times over his worth, a team who have given everything to the cause and owners who have backed the manager and backed the manager and not sold any of our best players...what on EARTH do any real Rovers fans have to be negative about?

If Carlsberg did amazing turnarounds, being a Rovers fan in the last 12 months would be it!!

It’s a message board with a few dozen regular posters, what other ‘motive’ could they possibly have?

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Ah the old negativity argument. As for not having the club at heart I know for certain that some of the posters who don't see any value in giving him a deal never miss a game, spending a perhaps a couple of thousand pounds in doing so.

Based on your argument my opinion is really valid as I spend thousands every year with the club. 

For what it’s worth. I wouldn’t give Conway a new deal either based on what Iv seen. But the man who matters believes it right so that’s ok with me. The end.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What's negative about an opinion that a player simply isn't up to it any more and shouldn't get a new deal? 

• Like 3

Based on your argument my opinion is really valid as I spend thousands every year with the club. 

For what it’s worth. I wouldn’t give Conway a new deal either based on what Iv seen. But the man who matters believes it right so that’s ok with me. The end.

Your use of the word opinion says everything about a message board. To you your argument is valid but some people disagree. It's not being negative.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Let me save you the heartache: they do.

They just express it differently than you. Stick around and soak it up - eventually you’ll learn to enjoy the differences. For instance, a lot of people get mad at JAL. Personally I dig that he has these opinions. It’s also notable that he always stays classy with replies.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Well you are barking up the wrong tree aiming your ‘questioning of motives’ at anyone on here. They’ve lived through. YOU however have suddenly appeared post promotion. Ironic, no?

On 25/05/2018 at 10:53, blueboy3333 said:

Agreed, but I'm not sure how you stop a young lad joining Prem teams like Manure. The money these teams offer the kid's family are eye-watering by all accounts. Having a well-trodden 'pathway' to the 1st team here would help which is why having the likes of Lenihan, Nyambe and others like Travis (potentially) as regulars is so important to the club.

I guess you can't (unless you can take legal measures forcing young players to sign clauses saying they can't join certain clubs via Rovers but besides me who would make a policy like that here?) but would rather people use any platform other than Rovers. Of course it's not Garrett's fault if he's linked to United but unless he comes out and says he wouldn't go there's always gonna be suspicion. This is why I object when people say the Academy,  etc is Jack's legacy. Not if it's used for this sort of purpose because Jack didn't intend for players to be sold on especially not there. Yeah OK things change but it's still not his legacy compared to the stadium (at least when it's not hosting L1 football), premier league trophy, etc. OK some players who didn't quite make the Premier League grade could have been sold for a few hundred thousand but that's different.

Know people won't agree with this but I would be happy to miss out on the very best youth prospects. As long as some are signed who have the potential to at least play in Premier League, Championship, etc. It's hard to care when you're paranoid about just being stepped on by people. I guess people will say well they might command big fees but the EPL has tv rights, etc anyway. I would rather the club sign average or good at best players (look at Pedersen, Emerton, etc ok the former was linked to others but they probably watched him closely and realised he wasn't Champions League calibre) with an owner who can be trusted. Then draw interest with more creative marketing, etc. Of course there's mega rich people out there who might want a club but it's harder now with FUP, etc. Look at Milan with their relatively new owners already being stamped on by the filth at UEFA. Of course I wanted the trustees to spend more but that was their damn job not to be influenced by selfish, greedy relatives of the trust founder. Plus a takeover back then seemed more of a way forward whereas now it's one step with the risk of UEFA knocking you two steps back. Unless that changes I would be happy to see an owner come in and spend money on Pedersen/Emerton types, etc who might be around for a long time. Tugay would be another good example (obviously age was main reason there didn't seem to be any publicly known bids for him) as was Friedel though he left eventually. Flitcroft as well though he was signed in 1996 so the club obviously felt he was better than he actually was. Of course it turned out to be a pretty damn good deal in the long run.

Edited by Vinjay17