BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 hours ago, pomster said:

Cant take that away from em!

Question now is, is have they learned there lesson? I think they have and it's cost em a few bob in doing so.

On the TM front i've read on many occasions about ... In Tm we trust and we have faith in him etc etc. Knowing how fickle most of the fans are it makes me think how "Short a time" before they turn on him if it starts going wrong?

I hope for ours and everybody else it does'nt

Most of our fans are not fickle, certainly no more so than any other set of fans. Given what we have been through these last few years I'd say that the fans' loyalty has been awesome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

It’s the truth though- funded us, albeit because of their mistakes.

Venky’s must have had to spend money- the club wouldn’t be in existence otherwise. Someone must have the income and outgoings to hand, since their disaster of a reign started? 

Of course they had to spend money-----to keep the club afloat after all they did to destroy it. As for your second sentence, what does it mean?

They've borrowed against their assets---serve them right.

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Forget huth he was an example. So if or should I say when mulgrew gets injured your your happy with  nyambe lenihan willams and bell at the back with Conway tracking back for bell and you don't think a player with experience would add anything to that back four

Huth was an awful example to use them. 

If you mention someone like Mark Beevers or Mark Wilson who are both out of contract this summer. Then fair enough but you mention someone who has been injured and not played a single league game. all season

we have linked to Blackpool centre back Clark Robertson. Played in 38 league games last season and currently going to be out of contract in a month but I don't know how good he is. 

on the Back 4 you mention I would be ok with them. we also got Downing and Wharton aswell. 

I would look for a centre back around 21 to 25 with pace which we haven't got in the squad. or would you prefer to play Wharton and save the cash for other positions like 2 wingers plus buying Armstrong if it a possible. 

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Just flicked through this thread and I am right in concluding we are signing Chaddy on a free?

Chaddy always dominates the transfer window they might as well fling him a 3 year deal ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

OK , I'll come clean. I'm Eden Hazards agent, if only I can get rid of Craig Conway at Blackburn I could move him in there.

Bring his brother too and ill get a hitman out on Gladwin.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Well you are barking up the wrong tree aiming your ‘questioning of motives’ at anyone on here. They’ve lived through. YOU however have suddenly appeared post promotion. Ironic, no?

Damn it....you got me!! ??

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Huth was an awful example to use them. 

If you mention someone like Mark Beevers or Mark Wilson who are both out of contract this summer. Then fair enough but you mention someone who has been injured and not played a single league game. all season

we have linked to Blackpool centre back Clark Robertson. Played in 38 league games last season and currently going to be out of contract in a month but I don't know how good he is. 

on the Back 4 you mention I would be ok with them. we also got Downing and Wharton aswell. 

I would look for a centre back around 21 to 25 with pace which we haven't got in the squad. or would you prefer to play Wharton and save the cash for other positions like 2 wingers plus buying Armstrong if it a possible. 

A centre back is the least of our worries, in my eyes. A striker and some wingers are the bigger priority in my eyes! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Most of our fans are not fickle, certainly no more so than any other set of fans. Given what we have been through these last few years I'd say that the fans' loyalty has been awesome.

I was thinking of being fickle but after 56 years I just couldn't be bothered.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 47er said:

True! the point i was trying to get over though is "will" the loyalty still be "awesome" if it goes tits up for TM next season ... I doubt it will

I think we need to bring in five or six players with championship experience 

if we don’t want to be in a relegation fight this coming season.

The squad that got us promoted is not good enough to hold its own in the championship.ima.

From watching the playoffs there’s a lot of quality in this league that we need to compete with .

57 minutes ago, bluefred said:

I think we need to bring in five or six players with championship experience 

if we don’t want to be in a relegation fight this coming season.

The squad that got us promoted is not good enough to hold its own in the championship.ima.

From watching the playoffs there’s a lot of quality in this league that we need to compete with .

Who's opinion are you spouting here exactly? 

Whilst it's far from certain the squad is good enough to hold its own it's also far from certain to say it's not.

for what it's worth I'd say it's a better squad than the one that went down 2 years ago.

Also you say you are basing it on the play offs which is like judging the premier league on Liverpool v Tottenham 

• Like 1

I'd say the current squad would spend the season in the bottom third of the league. That's not exactly where we want to be. Two key players in Graham and Mulgrew will be a year older at an age were you don't want to get any older. We need to reinforce the team significantly.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm not sure that's the case bluefred, provided last season's loanees are loaned back or replaced with someone of equivalent standard. This squad should at least hold it's own, as IMO it's stronger (ability & confidence wise) than the one that went down so narrowly & for fear of stating the obvious, TM is a far better manager than his not-to-be-named predecessor. 

Yes strengthening is required to compete towards the upper echelons next season (which should be our maximum realistic expectations; anything else is a bonus) & it sounds like TM is confident he has the budget to do that. The future seems a little bit brighter; not many of us would've said that 12 months ago.

In terms of signings, I think as priorities (perms or loans) we need an experienced Champ quality CB & promising box-to-box CM (as we have injury frailties in both those positions), and a strong up'n'coming CF and pacy winger (Chapman would be a risk worth taking) where we're weak full stop at this level. I'd also def have Armstrong back. 

I'd keep Graham & Conway for their experience & seniority (IF the deal is right for Conway in particular i.e. not sentimental), Evans (he's got something, I'm sure!) & Samuel (ditto). I'd be happy to see Whittingham & Gladwin shipped out, and Payne not to be re-signed.

Youth wise, Travis & Tomlinson might be the answer in CM, Wharton n Nuttall loaned out to League 1, with 2 or 3 others from the U23s loaned out to League 2.

That should be enough to see us finishing mid-table or top half, potentially with a playoff tilt. I'd like to see us challenge higher, but Ewood can't be rebuilt in a season. Those in the playoffs were, by definition, amongst the best of last season. We ought to be stronger than the majority of the also-rans and I'd be happy with stability in that respect.

Edited by Atko's Engine
Spelling
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

Seen Frankie Fielding’s name linked with #Rovers this morning. TM has spoken about adding more experienced competition to David Raya so could be one to keep an eye on.

He is first choice keeper at Bristol City and recently signed a new deal. Why would he come to us to stay on the bench?

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

He is first choice keeper at Bristol City and recently signed a new deal. Why would he come to us to stay on the bench?

Probably because he feels he could oust Raya and is a Blackburn lad through and through. I wouldn't be unhappy to see him back in a Rovers shirt at all. 

I was told last year Frank (well his Mrs really) wanted to move back up here for family reasons , I was convinced he would end up here , then we signed the Canadian I have no doubt he will be at a north west club though soon

• Like 1