BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

40 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Can't say I remember him from our matches against them, but their fans seem more than happy in the main for him to leave. MK Dons season ticket holder mate said he'd drive him here! Hopefully just gossip IF he is that poor.

That's not good...

I have never head of him and don't remember him either. 

Players can always improve I suppose, the MK dons fans didn't seem to mind Downing leave either and he must be far better than what they kept. 

On this guy though, the 6 foot five inch and athletic part stood out. I think we need more physical presence 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

On this guy though, the 6 foot five inch and athletic part stood out. I think we need more physical presence 

I'd definitely agree with this. Need to be much more streetwise next season - particularly at set pieces - and height/physical presence is central to that.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'd definitely agree with this. Need to be much more streetwise next season - particularly at set pieces - and height/physical presence is central to that.

No doubt about it. 

I have a strong feeling that teams are going to target high balls in on top of Raya from set pieces. He is a class keeper, but next season will be a real test for him. This is probably why we are being linked with another keeper 

In general, frailties from set-pieces have been a major problem for a couple of seasons. I hope Mowbray is trying to address this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's not good...

I have never head of him and don't remember him either. 

Players can always improve I suppose, the MK dons fans didn't seem to mind Downing leave either and he must be far better than what they kept. 

Yes I was going to make exactly the same point about Downing. 

Charlie’s set pieces and a 6’5” brute could be a lethal combination.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Whilst we're speculating on the prospect of Rovers fans signing, would anybody take Jem Karacan?

Been released by Horwich, apparently doesn't really fit in with Parkinson's style of play. Not seen much of him recently, but a talented player and one that would suit Tony's style a bit more, perhaps?

And he's a rovers fan believe it or not.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Really can't believe he is on 16k a week.

Thanks Marcus for your contribution but I really hope we won't be bringing him back.Not suited to the English game imo would be better off playing in a slower paced league.

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think Gallagher as part of the squad would make sense, if only because he play in a number of different positions to a high standard and should fit in with Tony's style of play. 

That said, we still need more pace, badly, so he'd need to be an 'extra' one assuming we have the budget for it. 

How many positions do you think he can play in then ?  He can't play out wide or up front because he's not quick enough. He wasn't quick enough when he was here in the first place that's why we let him go. He may be great in goal but I can't see him playing in any other position other than the one he plays for Preston. A play maker. We'd need to regrass the centre circle because he'd wear it out. If he wasn't a Blackburn lad we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Leave well alone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They offered him a deal anyway. Sounds like we had competition too

"a number of Sky Bet Championship clubs are lining up a deal for Cardiff City’s Peter Whittingham, who is out of contract at the end of the current season."

Probably similarr to what we will be offering Conway this summer 

His legs have gone, get over it. Certain players can play on when they hit the wall because they have other strings to their bow. He relied on mobility, now that's gone he's just a passenger.

• Like 2

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Leeds must have paid a fair whack for him if he is valued at £1m+ after being a failure there! I suspect Mowbray has moved quickly past this now, unless Leeds are open to another loan deal.

I wouldn't even have him on loan, surely we can do better than him ?

• Like 5

On 28/05/2018 at 10:41, chaddyrovers said:

I am still keen on us using 3-5-2 deffo. 

I deffo wouldn't be concerned at all if Mowbray see 3-5-2/3-4-3 as the future. I would be happy with Lenihan, Mulgrew and Williams as 3 centre backs with Bell as left wing back and we need a right wing back to make this work along with Armstrong up front with Graham with Dack in the 10 role with Bennett and Smallwood in centre midfield. 

Lenihan has it proved championship as a centre half? 

Just because 3-5-2 works OK for you on FIFA doesn't mean it will work in real life ..... ;)

And you'd be happy with the two CBs that got us relegated last time round in the Championship, plus the LB from the same side - but playing out of position??  Wow.

Said it before but the first signing we need is a proper experienced, blood and thunder, proven Championship CB.  It's become a cliche (but it's nevertheless true) - you always build a team from the back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Whilst we're speculating on the prospect of Rovers fans signing, would anybody take Jem Karacan?

Been released by Horwich, apparently doesn't really fit in with Parkinson's style of play. Not seen much of him recently, but a talented player and one that would suit Tony's style a bit more, perhaps?

Karacan was great at Reading but I haven't heard much of him since. I assume this is because he's been plagued by injuries. If he's fit and remains fit he would be a good player for us (I always love a Turk) but sadly I think injuries have had the best of this mans career.

On another note, regarding Gallagher, there surely isn't room in the squad with Whittingham there. Out of the two I'd prefer Gally, he's shown he can still be competitive in this league whilst Whittingham had a very, very poor season last year. If Gallagher is an option, Whittingham must go.

Ideally in this window we will bring in an out and out goalscorer. Nick Blackman spent the year on loan in Israel after a disappointing start at Derby. As an ex rovers lad and a pretty decent finisher I think he could be a good loan signing, if available.

Sticking with Reading there's a central midfielder there called John Swift. An England U21 and a fantastic player although maybe out of our price range. Reading struggled last year and look poised to do the same but there's some talent to be had at that club, starting with Swift.

25 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

Just because 3-5-2 works OK for you on FIFA doesn't mean it will work in real life ..... ;)

And you'd be happy with the two CBs that got us relegated last time round in the Championship, plus the LB from the same side - but playing out of position??  Wow.

Said it before but the first signing we need is a proper experienced, blood and thunder, proven Championship CB.  It's become a cliche (but it's nevertheless true) - you always build a team from the back.

Agree on 3 at the back not working for us, and also on keeping Williams away from centre back. (he also prevents Mulgrew from being able to bring it out from the back in that formation as Mulgrew is then pushed central, but thats another issue)

Disagree on the need for a blood and thunder centre back, Mulgrew and Lenihan are an excellent pairing, they didnt have a season together in the Championship, Mulgrew signed quite a few games in, both had injuries and flirted with the idea of being central midfielders. (an idea correctly abandoned for various reasons) The likes of Greer, Brown, Wharton, Hoban, Ward and a Shane Duffy insistent on a move were all unworthy stand ins, Mulgrew and Lenihan were 2 of the players that looked more than capable at that level, and hopefully will be again, fitness permitting. I wouldnt reject the idea of a centre back to cover them, but it wouldnt be a priority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Karacan was great at Reading but I haven't heard much of him since. I assume this is because he's been plagued by injuries. If he's fit and remains fit he would be a good player for us (I always love a Turk) but sadly I think injuries have had the best of this mans career.

On another note, regarding Gallagher, there surely isn't room in the squad with Whittingham there. Out of the two I'd prefer Gally, he's shown he can still be competitive in this league whilst Whittingham had a very, very poor season last year. If Gallagher is an option, Whittingham must go.

Ideally in this window we will bring in an out and out goalscorer. Nick Blackman spent the year on loan in Israel after a disappointing start at Derby. As an ex rovers lad and a pretty decent finisher I think he could be a good loan signing, if available.

Sticking with Reading there's a central midfielder there called John Swift. An England U21 and a fantastic player although maybe out of our price range. Reading struggled last year and look poised to do the same but there's some talent to be had at that club, starting with Swift.

Agree on swift. Saw him at a few times.for the Chelsea youth team and for reading. The lads got an engine and talent. Just what we need in place of Evans.

Re Blackman he would be a gamble. He has the ability and bags of pace but you have to question why he is playing in Israel and he's not to disimilar to Samuel in style although Blackman has more natural ability. Wouldn't be against it but it would be a gamble and Samuel would need shipping out

Edited by Oldgregg86

On 27 May 2018 at 17:33, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/uk-sport-news/championship-gossip-blackburn-rovers-leeds-1613480

Blackburn Rovers and Leeds United interested in Dons midfielder

Relegated MK Dons look set to lose midfielder Ousseynou Cisse.

The Sun on Sunday reports both Championship side Leeds United and Blackburn Rovers, who were promoted from League One this season, are interested in the Malian powerhouse.

The 6ft 5in midfielder is an athletic, combative midfielder who played 36 times for Milton Keynes Dons last season.

Weird how people see games differently , I remember him having a very good game at Ewood beginning of the season 

Edited by AJW

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Weird how people see games differently , I remember him having a very good game at Ewood beginning of the season 

One of the few last season who stood out against rovers for me

Leeds were being run a bit like a corner shop probably when they signed Antonsson but it just shows you how daft things are at Championship level as not long ago 16k pwk was a decent Prem wage.

For half that per week or preferably less and on a free he'd be ok to have around but otherwise avoid. Mowbray would need his bumps feeling if they pay money and any double figure wage for him.

I much prefer the frugal Rovers of these days with a few proven senior players in the squad earning double figures as a yardstick for others to aim for.

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

Fifa? Blimey havent played the game in years. Being 33 years old, I'm abit too old for playing computer games and spent my spare time watching Rovers and football plus spending time with my missus, kids, family and friends. 

I would be happy with Lenihan and Mulgrew as the back 2 or part back 3. We didnt go dowm cos of those 2 but of a certain manager and his crap tactics. 

I would look at Liam Linsday from Barnsley. Good centre back who fits Mowbray comments the age bracket he looking at

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Fair enough. Thanks for that.

Can you explain what you like so much about him? 

43 minutes ago, islander200 said:

A few on here suggesting Sunderland's Paddy McNair well Brighton have had a 2 mill bid rejected. So doubt we will be in for him 

Shame but good luck to him if he gets his move. 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fifa? Blimey havent played the game in years. Being 33 years old, I'm abit too old for playing computer games and spent my spare time watching Rovers and football plus spending time with my missus, kids, family and friends. 

I would be happy with Lenihan and Mulgrew as the back 2 or part back 3. We didnt go dowm cos of those 2 but of a certain manager and his crap tactics. 

I would look at Liam Linsday from Barnsley. Good centre back who fits Mowbray comments the age bracket he looking at

Fair enough. Thanks for that.

Can you explain what you like so much about him? 

Shame but good luck to him if he gets his move. 

Cisse impressed against rovers when we played at mk. He glided through the midfield and passed our players with ease at times and got into really good positions, but didnt have a Bradley dack or a danny graham to complete a good move. Plenty of strength and tracked back well. Exactly what rovers should be looking at. Him and adelukum were two of the best players against rovers this season. Adelukum on a free and cisse wont be much being at a team thats going into league 2. Be two good signings who wouldn't cost much. 

Edited by AAK