BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

QPR and Hull are tough rivals to have for the signing of McGeouch. McClaren and Adkins are respected managers and you'd expect hold some sway with agents and players, in particular McClaren. Hopefully Dylan will take into account their last few clubs' records and see Mowbray is the better option of the three - there's a real sense of positivity about us at the moment in comparison to QPR/Hull.

Bristol City are a different beast altogether now. They could have gone up this year and Lee Johnson is an up and coming manager. His tangles with Man City and the turnaround of Bristol's fortunes may just turn the tide in his favour.

In terms of McBurnie I think he'd be a very good signing. Be a bit of a coup really as I'm sure a lot of Championship clubs are courting him at the moment and he's part of a recently relegated Swansea squad. You'd imagine they'd use him rather than loan him to a divisional rival.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

QPR and Hull are tough rivals to have for the signing of McGeouch. McClaren and Adkins are respected managers and you'd expect hold some sway with agents and players, in particular McClaren. Hopefully Dylan will take into account their last few clubs' records and see Mowbray is the better option of the three - there's a real sense of positivity about us at the moment in comparison to QPR/Hull.

Hopefully with us Mulgrew at Rovers will help him decide to come here. With both players being away with Scotland together, hopefully Mulgrew has sold the club and Mowbray

Just now, islander200 said:

I thought it said in Telegraph that Mowbray wasn't interested in McGeuoch?

17 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray isn't interested, pal. You need to trust 110% in Mowbray, pal.

From 3 weeks ago:-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16221245.Chief_Executive_Steve_Waggott_discusses_Rovers__summer_transfer_plans/

"Rovers were yesterday linked with a move for Hibs midfielder Dylan McGeouch, though it is understood the 25-year-old Scotland international is not a player currently on the radar"

@Mrgeoffpeters has posted below on his Twitter feed. 

Premier League new boys Cardiff plus Middlesbrough and West Brom are among the clubs interested in signing Blackburn's Bradley Dack.

The £6m-rated midfielder helped Rovers win promotion to the Championship and was voted League One player of the season.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The LT also said they no plans to appoint a CEO. then week or 2 later Steve Waggott was appointed. 

Yeah but nothing really been said about McGeough to Rovers in recent weeks.Nixon also tweeted that McGeough was looked at but Mowbray wasn't overly keen.Im aware Nixon saying that means he will probably join but still there has been nothing concrete that we have actually made an offer to McGeough

Just now, ewoodpo said:

Premier League new boys Cardiff plus Middlesbrough and West Brom are among the clubs interested in signing Blackburn's Bradley Dack.

The £6m-rated midfielder helped Rovers win promotion to the Championship and was voted League One player of the season.

Is he a journalist? 

If bids start at 6 million, we could realistically be looking at 10 million by the end of the window. Hopefully we stand firm and his head isn't turned. I think he will stay, but the Cardiff link is a worry. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is he a journalist? 

If bids start at 6 million, we could realistically be looking at 10 million by the end of the window. Hopefully we stand firm and his head isn't turned. I think he will stay, but the Cardiff link is a worry. 

Talksport

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is he a journalist? 

I don't think he's a Premier League player.

Well, I suppose none of us should be surprised that there is interest. I would be far more surprised if there wasn't. He is a cracking player. My worry is some team will take a serious fancy to him and make a big offer. I mean with the money floating around, would Cardiff offering 12 million be that crazy from their point of view. I see good championship players been quoted at over 20 million ;Maddison at Norwich being one. Sam Clucas went for 20 million. Football is gone crazy. At 12 million he could be worth the gamble. 

I just wonder would we turn that much down 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ewoodpo said:

Nice timing with his new contract currently being negotiated. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but nothing really been said about McGeough to Rovers in recent weeks.Nixon also tweeted that McGeough was looked at but Mowbray wasn't overly keen.Im aware Nixon saying that means he will probably join but still there has been nothing concrete that we have actually made an offer to McGeough

We dont know what offers have been made to any players do we? 

Mowbray keeps it out of media and doesnt link owt. 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Of course, but I still question the timing. And the clubs he is being linked with - the Cardiff angle feels well thought out agent fodder to me. 

The timing is that the summer transfer window is open. He has had a great season. Did you not think clubs would be interested? Or did you expect them to wait until his contract negotiations were over? 

What leads to your suspicion of Cardiff over other clubs?