BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

On 07/06/2018 at 22:15, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Is English your first language ? I'm struggling a bit to make sense of  the second sentence.

Yes but after 18 hrs I think I was worse than a night out in Glasgow. 12 hr shift and 6hrs of driving.

What I insinuated was if we had an agreement then we should have honoured it. We’ve tried to skimp or lower his wage in the meantime and a rival has come in for him on a potential lesser wage than we’ve now offered as they’re salary capped at 5k pwk. But offered 2 years.

For the record I’d still have had Rhodes. 

On 09/06/2018 at 13:03, chaddyrovers said:

Look at the player suggested, club he link with, his wages at previous club and what Mowbray has said about the players we are looking age wise. 

Mowbray is looking for young, quick, athleticism players who gave us pace, fast pace counter attacking options and something we miss last season at times

Sometimes I think you misinterpret that it's your personal opinion of what should be done, who should be bought etc. Not what Tony thinks or has said. It's your opinion we are interested in. We all know what Tony has said/thinks

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Sometimes I think you misinterpret that it's your personal opinion of what should be done, who should be bought etc. Not what Tony thinks or has said. It's your opinion we are interested in. We all know what Tony has said/thinks

And you and some others misinterpret that my opinion is based around the manager comments who has specific the age group of signings he looking to sign from. So I based my suggestion of signings around that. 

I didnt see the point of suggesting players out of that age bracket. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And you and some others misinterpret that my opinion is based around the manager comments who has specific the age group of signings he looking to sign from. So I based my suggestion of signings around that. 

Because maybe In your opinion you think we should and could give reasons why which would add to debate. You could still suggest what you think Tony will do and if you agree or not

Edited by Oldgregg86

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Because maybe In your opinion you think we should and could give reasons why which would add to debate. You could still suggest what you think Tony will do and if you agree or not

I think young players is the right policy at this time given the transfer budget and wage budget Mowbray got from the owners(based of all the comments made from the owners trip by Mowbray and Waggott). 

I think some suggestions of players from PL are far from realistic and pointless like Ki from Swansea. Wages would be massive problem. As alot of PL players who are out of contract would be. 

Now if an outstanding player above 25 years old can available and fitted within our transfer and wage budget then fair enough but I feel this very unlikely to happen

• Like 1

This is painfully slow...

Here's hoping for SOME news tomorrow, how about a Lenihan (4 year) and Graham (1 or 2 year) contract signing to start us off.

Curious that Mulgrew only has 1 year left and nothing at all being spoken about it. He needs a Danny Graham type contract of 2 years ago (2 years + 1).

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know you are you said you are but what am I ?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think young players is the right policy at this time given the transfer budget and wage budget Mowbray got from the owners(based of all the comments made from the owners trip by Mowbray and Waggott). 

I think some suggestions of players from PL are far from realistic and pointless like Ki from Swansea. Wages would be massive problem. As alot of PL players who are out of contract would be. 

Now if an outstanding player above 25 years old can available and fitted within our transfer and wage budget then fair enough but I feel this very unlikely to happen

Jordan Williams freed today from Liverpool. Get him on trial at least, 1 yr at Rochdale already on table kid could be a squad filler and progress at Ewood

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Jordan Williams freed today from Liverpool. Get him on trial at least, 1 yr at Rochdale already on table kid could be a squad filler and progress at Ewood

Are you high cause you've just beat us at cricket? Bloody disgrace from Englands bowling department. 

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

This is painfully slow...

Here's hoping for SOME news tomorrow, how about a Lenihan (4 year) and Graham (1 or 2 year) contract signing to start us off.

Curious that Mulgrew only has 1 year left and nothing at all being spoken about it. He needs a Danny Graham type contract of 2 years ago (2 years + 1).

Patience required!

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I still have hopes for Nyambe. He has the No 1 requirement for a full back - he's quick. You can't teach pace but you can teach the rest regarding full back play. If that recent injury hasn't slowed him down I'm expecting him to establish himself next season.

Nyambe  improved massively over the course of last season , yes he's not the finished article yet but he certainly deserves to be first choice next year , that said I wouldn't mind somebody better than Caddis pushing him for that starting spot

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AAK said:

Are you high cause you've just beat us at cricket? Bloody disgrace from Englands bowling department. 

Haha I’m not one to knock the English but I am indeed delighted given the size of our country much like the football!

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

I don't think he was too impressive at Rochdale and then he got injured. I think he played against Rovers in the league game at the Crown Oil Arena but I can't say I can remember much about him from that game.

7 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Cheers pal. Any reason why not? Have you been to watch him? Thanks in advance 

Played 12 times for Rochdale last season. Only there for 5 months until 1st January. And didnt feature or even make the bench in the last 9 games of his loan spell.

Didnt stand out against us either. 

Another one in the bin for me