BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

20% of £20m (£4m) from the second sale of Josh King could make all the difference to our team.

Cairney is also no lock to stay at Fulham with NUFC and WHU linked for around the same £20m fee which we must have a % of (I think he will/should stay).

We probably even have a World Cup related bonus for Phil Jones.

Maybe TM is saving up the £88m needed for Cristiano Ronaldo?

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You need to get out more 

I Don't have a problem with chaddy unlike seemingly 99.9% of the m/b and there was no offence intended whatsoever.

It's just that at the moment he seems to be picking up on what TM has said in interview at various points and using  those criteria to either absolutely slaughter or praise to the hilt any name mentioned.

Thank you for being offended on Chaddy's behalf. I'm not that sure I'm the one who needs to get out more.

Sorry Chaddy. Intended in jest. No offence meant.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

22 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Not for me , all he does is score goals from free kicks and he is over 29, doesn't fit the criteria, would also probably struggle at right back when asked to fill in there. Also bit of a sulker would destroy team morale

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Stoke bid 15 million for Ritchie at Newcastle and are offering him 4 million a year. 

Would be a good signing for us ?

Was that aimed at me for suggesting that Edwards' track record makes me unsure that he could improve us?

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If the sell on clauses haven't already been bought out...........

Surely just a FM18 thing

For a decent window so far, folks are sure bitchy on here.

In terms of Edwards, was he the lad that ran the show against us at Ewood in the first half? That first half against Peterborough was the most impressive performance against us all season. Looked like bloody Barcelona showed up, we got lucky that day.

Edited by Fraserkirky

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Surely just a FM18 thing

For a decent window so far, folks are sure bitchy on here.

In terms of Edwards, was he the lad that ran the show against us at Ewood in the first half? That first half against Peterborough was the most impressive performance against us all season. Looked like bloody Barcelona showed up, we got lucky that day.

What's an FM18 ?

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

20% of £20m (£4m) from the second sale of Josh King could make all the difference to our team.

Cairney is also no lock to stay at Fulham with NUFC and WHU linked for around the same £20m fee which we must have a % of (I think he will/should stay).

Think we have a clause that nets us something when jones plays 10 competitive games for england had you told me we would still be waiting on that in 2018 when we sold him i would have said you were insane. 

Also i think we agreed a fee with Bournemouth for King so there may not be a sell on. 

Edited by Beanie01289

17 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Think we have a clause that nets us something when jones plays 10 competitive games for england had you told me we would still be waiting on that in 2018 when we sold him i would have said you were insane. 

Also i think we agreed a fee with Bournemouth for King so there may not be a sell on. 

The king transfer went to tribunal

You are right mate apologies just checked and we agreed a deal with Bournemouth..hopefully we were smart enough to include a sell on clause

Edited by islander200

7 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Posh chairman on twitter saying release clause for Maddison has been met but that the buying club want to pay in installments and not up front so no deal. It must be us!

He also laughed off the 250k Edwards  link to us. Seems they want a million. 

Yes I’m following him just in case he gives something away. First thing I thought when he mentioned instalments that it could be us, but can’t see us paying £2.5M for him. 

5 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Posh chairman on twitter saying release clause for Maddison has been met but that the buying club want to pay in installments and not up front so no deal. It must be us!

He also laughed off the 250k Edwards  link to us. Seems they want a million. 

He has to be the most unprofessioanl chairman in the football league.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The king transfer went to tribunal

You are right mate apologies just checked and we agreed a deal with Bournemouth..hopefully we were smart enough to include a sell on clause

Ha no problem i thought it had too until i saw it mentioned on twitter a few weeks ago so i checked as well. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

A journo that covers Fulham had it confirmed that there was no sell on clause for Cairney 

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I would love us to sign someone you've completely dismissed then watch you doing somersaults trying to claim how pleased you are with it and what a masterstroke it is by TM!

like who?

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Which journalist?

Not seen enough of Marriott to know what his overall game is like (how much have you seen of him?) but you seem to be discounting the importance of goals. Its not the only thing but the most important thing for a striker and anyone saying otherwise has forgotten the point of the game! Both are unobtainable financially so its irrelevant but youve gone on record saying that we should have dropped Rhodes (for King) when he was here scoring 20 goals a season which suggests that you dont fully understand the main objective of a striker and are obsessed by specific characteristics (pace and strength) even if it is not as effective statistically in terms of goals. If hes scoring 20 a season then hes more than doing his job and just bringing pace would be unlikely to match that sort of output.

Im on an internet messageboard, to give my opinion, just like you should be, rather than to give the opinion that you think Mowbray has. Understand the point of the odd wide forward but central midfielders wide? No thanks, the midfield you named was really slow, had no natural wingers who would stretch teams, if we named it (im sure we wont) then wed be boring to watch and have no threat on the break or real attacking threat. We need wingers, not to sign players that are naturals in other positions that can play wide at a push. Players in the man in their natural positions. Rothwell should compete for a central role.

Yes, I do want pacy wingers but not just pace, they have to be good enough to improve us. Again ive not seen that much of him, bar against us when he was ok, dont remember him even being lightning fast, but im not sure his record in League 1 of assists and goals suggests that he would massively improve us? Feeney has pace, wouldnt want him back.

I see Marroitt a few times thanjks. He scores goals but his all round game isn't good enough for us. 

I fully understand the need for a striker to score goals but he needs to have more to his game than goals. Yes I would have played King and Gestede up front. One has pace and goals and one has hold up ability and score goals. King is having a PL career whilst Rhodes has never a proper go at it and I wonder why? No pace, strength or hold up ability. 

Mowbray has told you what role he see Rothwell playing and the type of player he is. 

I named my team would the current playing squad but given that we are likely to make some more signings my team would change has I did say. 

On Edwards, his stats for last season as 7 goals and 4 assist in 33 games. the season before 9 goals and 4 assists in 41 games played

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He has to be the most unprofessioanl chairman in the football league.

depends on your thinking. 

IMO, his openness and honest approach with fans is great to see

2 hours ago, sparky12 said:

pretty sure we've had two. 100 pages a pop, what's to complain about ?

yes we have 2 signings. I don't see his problem but hey ho

I am not going to show Chaddy's annoying multi-quote but this is to him.

We were in the Championship with Rhodes where he scored 'when he wants'.

His PL potential irrelevant as Bowyer failed to get us back there.

King was still embryonic at Rovers and whilst fast ran blind alleys and his shooting pathetic. Good on the lad for developing so well away from Ewood.

Our top strikers at that time were Rhodes and Gestede.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sparky12 said:

pretty sure we've had two. 100 pages a pop, what's to complain about ?

It’s a spoof account, don’t worry. 

Once he has 0 credibility again he will change his name to some other nonsense pop at someone. Probably something like “Waggout”

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I Don't have a problem with chaddy unlike seemingly 99.9% of the m/b and there was no offence intended whatsoever.

It's just that at the moment he seems to be picking up on what TM has said in interview at various points and using  those criteria to either absolutely slaughter or praise to the hilt any name mentioned.

Thank you for being offended on Chaddy's behalf. I'm not that sure I'm the one who needs to get out more.

Sorry Chaddy. Intended in jest. No offence meant.

I wasn't offended, I was merely highlighting that anyone who would "love" to read someone you've never met on a messageboard backtracking about previous comments they had made probably needs to get out and enjoy life a bit more. I would love our Bradley to sign a contract extension or Jessica Biel to turn up in my local.