BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

8 minutes ago, AJW said:

A few weeks ago , not long after promotion actually somebody said something to me , which I have never posted because it was so preposterous at the time I didnt believe it myself and that was that Mowbray didn't think Smallwood was good enough for championship and was looking to replace him ....., fast forward and we've 2 midfielders signed ( ok they may or may not have been signed to go straight into the first 11) and now we have been linked to a 3rd in Morrison 

I don't think Smallwood is good enough for the Championship as a starter. Outside of a bottom 6 team.

First 4 months = ?... Then he got one booking away from the 2 game suspension and went seriously off the boil for me, he wasn't sprinting back either which was more concerning, he never rediscovered his form even after the deadline passed.

4-2-3-1, I'd start with Bennett and Davenport personally, Bennett is physically quicker, stronger, more of a goal threat (?) and I'd also say more committed than Smallwood. Davenport seems to have the quality to start, all things being said.

Smallwood's chant actually became satire, how often he actually gave the ball away. 

He deserves his place in the squad and on the bench as a bit part player... but he's not going to take us beyond survival level. But I certainly would keep him around.

All IMO.

• Like 3

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

I don't think Smallwood is good enough for the Championship as a starter. Outside of a bottom 6 team.

First 4 months = ?... Then he got one booking away from the 2 game suspension and went seriously off the boil for me, he wasn't sprinting back either which was more concerning, he never rediscovered his form even after the deadline passed.

4-2-3-1, I'd start with Bennett and Davenport personally, Bennett is physically quicker, stronger, more of a goal threat (?) and I'd also say more committed than Smallwood. Davenport seems to have the quality to start, all things being said.

Smallwood's chant actually became satire, how often he actually gave the ball away. 

He deserves his place in the squad and on the bench as a bit part player... but he's not going to take us beyond survival level. But I certainly would keep him around.

All IMO.

100% Hard truths. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

is Marriott going to Forest or Bristol City? have they made a bid for him yet?

We have no idea what a Gestede or King partnership would have bought more goals or a better all round team or whether we would have challenge better with that partnership. Fact is with Rhodes/Gestede partnership we never properly challenge for a top 6. 

On Rothwell's role, Mowbray comment was " 

oe was a thorn in our side. He was picking the ball up and travelling with it. He travels with the ball very well and is a good athlete. He’s the type I like to add to the team.

“He’s almost an inverted winger and if there are times where we are defending deep then we know Joe can carry the ball 50 or 60 yards and do it pretty quickly."

how do you how Edwards will do at Championship unless you give him a chance? His stats are good at league 1 level. Nobody knew how Rhodes would adapt to the step up a level but he did during his time here

No I like the open and honestly comments from the Peterborough owner and he communicated to his own fans and other fans

would be decent if his injury have gone. 

Because of the incompetence of the rest of the team. Strikers more than doing their job.

Regarding Mowbrays quotes, theres nowhere where he states that Rothwell will actually start on the wing, I dont create my opinions by trying to second guess what Mowbray is going to do. If he chooses the midfield that you suggested, which I think is unlikely, then id be almost certain that we would be blunted, slow and laborious in attack.

I love that you are basing your argument on me not giving him "a chance" even though the only thing weve heard is a meaningless and likely false transfer rumour. But that said, to be honest ive not seen enough of Edwards. I feel that so many people suggesting him is based solely on a decent performance when we beat them near the end of the season. In fact, a lot of players suggested are League 1 players, almost exclusively on the back of 1 performance against us. Edwards got 4 goals and 2 assists in 26 league games and apparently has had injury problems, looking into it. if we are signing League 1 players, which im not opposed to, we need to be signing the very best from there, the ones who have the best chance to make the significant step up. Marriott, Maddison, Jon Nolan (when we needed a centre midfielder, not now), Tariqe Fosu maybe.

Its unprofessional, especially answering questions from supporters of other clubs. 

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

Love the optimism but I think we need to enjoy this year. Consolidating our status must be the priority and build on the positivity. We can't overshoot and expect things and rush things. With that squad while we could go up we would head straight back down from the PL. We need to build a squad that is ready and good to go to handle the PL and build on it when we head up. I would be happy to see our young team develop and move in the right direction. 

You could sign all 4 for the price of one Lewis Grabban.

Tony said he wants young hungry players. Those were who I listed. 

Just watched some more footage of Maddison, he has stolen MGP's left peg.

3 hours ago, Biz said:

You ask for promotion, and further investment in the club from the owners to deliver you expectations, but you won’t even back them by watching them.

Give me a thousand @blueboy3333 ‘s over this kind of trash posting.

Is Blueboy3333 not now a Ladyboy from Bank Top ?  ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Imagine if we got Bauer, Maddison, Armstrong and Chapman all bought, and then loaned a Premier League Striker. 

SIgning those 4 fits in with positions of need, what Mowbray says about younger players with resell value. Could get most of that done with the Josh King Cut.

Playoffs, you want to talk about playoffs.

That really would be brilliant !!

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

You could sign all 4 for the price of one Lewis Grabban.

Tony said he wants young hungry players. Those were who I listed. 

Just watched some more footage of Maddison, he has stolen MGP's left peg.

His YouTube videos are impressive. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Regarding Mowbrays quotes, theres nowhere where he states that Rothwell will actually start on the wing, I dont create my opinions by trying to second guess what Mowbray is going to do. If he chooses the midfield that you suggested, which I think is unlikely, then id be almost certain that we would be blunted, slow and laborious in attack.

Mowbray mention the words 'inverted winger' not me. 

You ask me to name my team using the current squad. More signings will happen so my team will change. If we sign players like Kent and Armstrong then my team would change. Like I said before my team would change

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

"We want to secure some of our players from last season as well, and we’re working towards one or two of them."

Mowbray quote from this https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/july/healthy-competition-will-raise-the-bar/

After Chapman and Armstrong then it appears

I read that as maybe signing Dack, Smallwood etc on new contracts?

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

"We want to secure some of our players from last season as well, and we’re working towards one or two of them."

Mowbray quote from this https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/july/healthy-competition-will-raise-the-bar/

After Chapman and Armstrong then it appears

When he says ‘our’ players I think he’s talking about new contracts, if he was speaking a few days ago then Lenihan could have been one along with hopefully Dacky!

• Like 1

• Backroom

No doubt we are interested in Chapman to be fair, he’s back from Austria with Boro I think now so if he hasn’t impressed Pulis too much now may be a good time