BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Tom said:

Following on from my Davenport exclusive I bring you this developing story.

Steve Waggott is currently asleep on my train from London, off peak in standard class, what a man, look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves 

#trainbae

Wake him up and ask if the maddison rumours are true?

• Like 3

Just now, Tom said:

Steve Waggott is currently asleep on my train from London, off peak in standard class, what a man, look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves 

#trainbae

Loving the exclusive ?? #mrexclusive

38 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I haven't seen much of him since he left. Where have you seen him play? 

Just look at his career progression, or lack of it, since he left Ewood. He was bobbins for us. I would have thought we'd enough back up for Nyambe already. What I'd like to see is us sign is players that are better than what we already have not more fringe players.

• Backroom

Update - wife in tow, stand down this is a shopping trip! 

Wonder if he’ll let me get a lift from a Preston, as above there’s no chance my connection turns up 

Edit not wife just seat mate, attire - business casual, London based signing incoming.

BRFCS 2 - all other sources of info 0

Edited by Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

#trainbae

Wonder if he's coming back from Charlton?
Or maybe he is coming back from Paddington after Bristol? :D

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Wonder if he’ll let me get a lift from a Preston, as above there’s no chance my connection turns up 

Edit not wife just seat mate, attire - business casual, London based signing incoming.

Bit in paper tomorrow now ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Why? Just because they've valued him irrationally high? I wonder if a League One CH has ever moved for 2 million, let alone with 12 months left on their deal.

Indications around the time our interest was first reported suggested to me that Charlton hugely upped their price suddenly. Just the impression I got reading between the lines.

They purchased the guy in the Championship for a million plus? Let’s not deride another team. It was thoroughly insulting. 300k offer and no wonder they’ve now taken the perverbial Stance of 2 million! 

• Backroom

Asked when leaving if he’d been signing - he remained tight lipped -  ‘trying’! We parted on good terms - I wished him well.

The good news is my connection turned up so I’m on my way to cherry tree - the conductor is wearing short shorts and it’s quite disconcerting. 

Edited by Tom

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Rhodes has won promotion to the Premier League in that time, as did Hanley before going to a solid Championship club and I believe winning player of the year there.

Marshall was a key component in a Millwall team that very nearly got into the play offs.

We have been relegated (and obviously since promoted) to League 1 in that time.

All 3 would get into our team if they were still here.

But yeah, nowhere.

I was going to reply but islander200 sum my response perfectly..

How many games did Rhodes play at Boro after his move?

How many games did Hanley play at Newcastle after his move? 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

In fairness Rhodes has spent most his time on the bench since he left.

Hanley wasn't a regular at Newcastle but seemed to do ok at Norwich.

Marshall starts off well at clubs but then it goes down hill. 

Will be interesting to see how Norwich do next season and seeing if Rhodes can rediscover his goalscoring form.

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

All 3 were sold by Rovers

Rhodes, Hanley and Marshall wanted out of the club. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

All three have done a lot better than Rovers have since they left. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

#trainbae

Reading from a certain angle that post paints a very uncomplimentary picture!

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Bauer 100 percent confirmed then ayy ;)

A BRFCS exclusive 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You do realise that since the first one left, we spent half a season near the bottom of the Championship, then the second left, following which we had a woeful season seeing us slip into League 1. (half way through which the third correctly saw the chance to leave)

Last season, one of those players (Hanley) has a Championship medal albeit after playing a minor role, and then was the best player at a solid Championship club last season. Thats better than a spell in League 1.

Marshall was a massive player at a team that finished 8th and 3 points away from the play offs while we were in League 1.

Rhodes you could argue yes has struggled but hes still won promotion in that time.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Reading from a certain angle that post paints a very uncomplimentary picture!

Unintended, bit of fun based on the current hot topic of people being nosey on public transport, I have loads of respect for Steve Waggot, when he spoke recently at the supporters consultation meeting I found him totally engaging and passionate without being flash. 

Comes across as a football man not a car salesman (no offence intended I also like car salesman the man I bought my car off was one) 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Unintended, bit of fun based on the current hot topic of people being nosey on public transport, I have loads of respect for Steve Waggot, when he spoke recently at the supporters consultation meeting I found him totally engaging and passionate without being flash. 

Comes across as a football man not a car salesman (no offence intended I also like car salesman the man I bought my car off was one) 

Not sure hes a football man who prioritises the happiness of the home support, based on decisions hes made thus far.

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers wanted rid of Rhodes, Hanley and Marshall because they knew they were sitting on £20 million of transfer fees.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

Rovers wanted rid of Rhodes, Hanley and Marshall because they knew they were sitting on £20 million of transfer fees.

They turned down bids for Rhodes .I'm not disputing eventually they were happy to cash in but all 3 players wanted to leave too.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Correct they all wanted out once it became clear the club was going nowhere and was behind the scenes actively encouraging interest in virtually any and every player worth more than a tenner !

• Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

They turned down bids for Rhodes .I'm not disputing eventually they were happy to cash in but all 3 players wanted to leave too.

The players wanted to leave only when the club and owners made their intentions clear. There wasn't a murmur of any of them being unhappy until the departure of Bowyer which was when the money tap was turned down and the sales began. After that as time has shown the club wanted to rake in whatever they could get and those players knew they were merely numbers on a balance sheet that the owners wanted to cash in on. The sales of Cairney and Gestede kicked it all off. 

Just now, JHRover said:

The players wanted to leave only when the club and owners made their intentions clear. There wasn't a murmur of any of them being unhappy until the departure of Bowyer which was when the money tap was turned down and the sales began. After that as time has shown the club wanted to rake in whatever they could get and those players knew they were merely numbers on a balance sheet that the owners wanted to cash in on. The sales of Cairney and Gestede kicked it all off. 

That's all fair enough but still in the case of Rhodes, Hanley and Marshall their careers didn't benefit from the moves they made only their bank balances.Rhodes has spent 2 years sat on the bench,Marshall spent a lot of his time at wolves doing the same although he did have a good spell at Millwall but like I said in a previous post Marshall starts well at any club he joins and then he loses form and confidence and he ends up moving on.Hanley also spent most of his time at Newcastle not playing .

Like iv seen people suggesting that Rhodes would have been a good signing he has done nothing for the last two seasons,even when he has played he has looked terrible.Maybe he will prove me wrong but I don't see him hitting the same sort of goalscoring form he has at Huddersfield and here.When he isn't putting the ball in the net it's like playing with 10 men he offers nothing else.

Just now, islander200 said:

That's all fair enough but still in the case of Rhodes, Hanley and Marshall their careers didn't benefit from the moves they made only their bank balances.Rhodes has spent 2 years sat on the bench,Marshall spent a lot of his time at wolves doing the same although he did have a good spell at Millwall but like I said in a previous post Marshall starts well at any club he joins and then he loses form and confidence and he ends up moving on.Hanley also spent most of his time at Newcastle not playing .

Like iv seen people suggesting that Rhodes would have been a good signing he has done nothing for the last two seasons,even when he has played he has looked terrible.Maybe he will prove me wrong but I don't see him hitting the same sort of goalscoring form he has at Huddersfield and here.When he isn't putting the ball in the net it's like playing with 10 men he offers nothing else.

Think its fair to say that none of the players have exactly kicked on and excelled. However when you look at the horror show that has unfolded here since their departures we've hardly coped well have we?

All 3 are pretty much where they were when they were at Rovers. Mid-table or top half of the Championship. It remains to be seen whether we are ready to reach such lofty heights again but at present i think we're short and lets be honest all 3 of them would likely walk into our starting 11.

People can get distracted by our success of last season but the reality is we're still some way behind even the play-off chasing Championship clubs having been in that pack only 3 years ago before the slash and burn stripping down process began and the last 2 seasons have been wasted coming to terms with the consequences of that policy and subsequently trying to rebuild from it. 

Not really fair to point the finger at those players about the grass being greener etc. when we've undoubtedly suffered more than they have during that time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Steve Waggott is currently on my train from London, off peak in standard class, what a man, look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves 

#trainbae

Before you all get carried away with guessing, he was in London for the appeal to the FA for the ladies team to be promoted.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Before you all get carried away with guessing, he was in London for the appeal to the FA for the ladies team to be promoted.

I hope we win the appeal .. sickens me they didn't get it .  But united get it first season they have a women's team!

Btw it has to be us in for maddinson.. posh owner didn't reply to me or any other rovers fan regarding maddinson but is replying to everyone else .. seems suspicious

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Backs up what I thought about him, top man! 

Hope common sense prevails on this one. 

On transfers in my naivety I got Marriot and Maddison confused, is Maddison a player in a position we’d be looking at? Isn’t he an attacking midfielder or could he play in the role of Armstrong or Chapman out wide?

Edited by Tom